Code of Conduct

Default Dyptique L'Autre was on sale for 25% of its price, so I foolishly sampled it. I almost threw up righ

t there in the store. Holy cow that's awful. I was embarassed to walk around the grocery store afterwards smelling of that.

Default Re: Dyptique L'Autre was on sale for 25% of its price, so I foolishly sampled it. I almost threw up

It improves throughout the drydown IMO. I think the top is pleasant too, but it's a bit medicinal. It becomes extraordinarily good about 20 minutes in on my skin.

Maybe you should try again. :-)

Default Re: Dyptique L'Autre was on sale for 25% of its price, so I foolishly sampled it. I almost threw up

I feel sorry for you. This is a wonderful perfume.

for swap/sale:

Hmm.. now I want to try it.

I can't stand this stuff. I like eating cumin in food but I don't want to smell like it. Not sure if they still make it but Diptyque made a skin tonic called Vinaigre de Toilette which horribly smelled of white vinegar.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

your grocery store sells diptyque?

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    Not sure if they still make it but Diptyque made a skin tonic called Vinaigre de Toilette which horribly smelled of white vinegar.
    It smells like vinegar because it is vinegar, infused with herbs. Not to be used like a fragrance of course but to be diluted, half a tea spoon in a basin of hot water, and then used to rinse your hair or clean your face after shaving. At least that's the way they did it in the XVIIIth century.

I personally like this fragrance but I can see how others might not.

Thats probably the reason it was 25% off

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    your grocery store sells diptyque?

I believe Dyptique has discontinued it and it does have its admirers (me for example) so you might want to invest in a few bottles to resell to us in the future...
    Griff

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I believe Dyptique has discontinued it and it does have its admirers (me for example) so you might want to invest in a few bottles to resell to us in the future...

It appears to be back in stock:

http://www.diptyqueparis.com/persona...s/l-autre.html

Has anyone tried this reformulated version?
    For those about to stink, I salute you!