Code of Conduct

Default How many EDT's do you own?...

Ive got 4 bottles of EDT for different occasions/seasons, but I dont know if thats too many???.

Im interested to see how many you guys own. Cheers

Default Re: How many EDT's do you own?...

I personally own 4, but people on here they got a LOT ! ive seen posted pics, its like 50+ , some are 100+ I want to be like that too =)

Well, I started off with 2 and now... I've got quite a few more than that. If you are happy with 4, then 4 is the perfect number for you - neither too many nor too few.
    Where once there was no scents to it all, now the world opens before me!

I do not know... I usually feel like I have all the ones I need, except THAT single one...

I only discovered my interest in fragrances at the start of this year, and all along I keep finding something else that grabs my interest. It is both thrilling and worrisome at the same time (Worrisome when I think about how much of my time and $ has gone towards my fragrance fascination!)
    Where once there was no scents to it all, now the world opens before me!

about 50 full-size bottles, and about 200+ samples and decants. Accumulated over about a year and 8 mos. Also, I've owned another 40 or so that I've traded or sold in this time.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Looking over my wardrobe I have seventeen bottles of edt, one edc and about fifteen samples. This is not a high number by basenotes standards, but I'm not paying much attention to that anyway. My collection has grown faster this year than any other and there are many more frags I want to own.

Maybe it's because i'm IRISH, but i only have 14.

I have over 20 different bottles of scents. I wear about 15 of them regularly and it works just fine.

Blog Entries

Right now, my rotation consists of about 15 fragrances.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Wow!!! and I thought 4 was a lot ha ha. Those of you that have 15 or more, are they still ok?, meaning, does the scent still smell ok after so long?, have they not gone off etc???. Thanks for your replies guys.

Frags are good for several years. I've heard stories of people around here who've had a bottle for ten years or more and it's still okay. The occassional bottle does go bad, though. Just keep them from extreme temps.

Err...232, plus about 150 decants and samples. I store them in a fridge or at least in the dark at under 20 degrees centigrade. Obviously nobody needs this much perfume, you can do perfectly well with under 10, it's merely the obession with the wealth of fragrant possibilities, the interest in classic scents, discovering the nuances of similar styles, such as classic EdCs, and the thirst for something new that creeps up all too quickly. I am planning to systematically rid myself of anything not 4-star worthy in my book. At least a hundred have to go. This year I've perhaps worn between 35 and 50 different frags in full, no more.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matire/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pntrent le verre.

Unhappy Re: How many EDT's do you own?...

I have 30 frags.. It gives me a great choice and also a headache!! Im buying all the time.. I really do need to stop!!

I'm up to around 25 in my wardrobe right now....none of the niche stuff here, but all I enjoy on their own level.

I keep mine in their original boxes inside a cabinet away from direct light. I had a bottle of Azzaro that lasted many years doing that, and it never lost its charm.
    Discount and drug store fragrance trollop. http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=74

Only two, and one of those is a travel size. Boo, I'll never get to play with the big kids at this rate.

What makes me ill is that back in the day I had bottles of extrait Coco, Opium, and EDT Obsession [can you tell what decade I am referring to? LOL]...and I inherited a bottle of Joy extrait from my grandmother...and though I can't remember getting rid of them, they are gone. Also various bottles of gifted though mediocre fragrances over the years: Happy, Tresor, L'air du Temps, some kind of generic eucalyptus EDT, etc. ::sigh::

I think the way to go without going broke will be first accumulating and then swapping samples and decants.

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

Well, my wardrobe "My Collection" says I have 23 which I keep fairly well up to date. Only one is an EDC; the rest are EDTs or EDPs.

Here's a visual aid for you to check out: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=191137

Hello. I have 28 fragrances in my collection right now, but only four of those are 50-100 ml bottles. The rest are samples and decants of 10 ml or less. It might be partially because I am a "light sprayer," but I don't see myself running out of any of the samples or decants anytime soon. My point is that, if you wanted to have a larger collection, you could do so without the expense of buying tons of big bottles, and also without the worry of large amounts of fragrance "going bad" or "going to waste" over a long period of time.

Perhaps, but (as the disease progresses) you find yourself saying, "Oh, but that bottle's a very good buy," or "Well, that's been discontinued now, so I'd better snatch it up," or "A little splurge won't hurt -- and I'm worth it," or "I'm out of the decant and now need to progress to a full bottle." When all else fails, there's always the classic, "Well, since you asked what I want for Christmas . . ." And, before you know it, you're stuck with 50 bottles on your bureau and wouldn't get rid of any them without a court order.

(And yes, I speak from personal experience.)
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 8th October 2007 at 11:13 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Wink Re: How many EDT's do you own?...

But I was trying to make it look like everything was under control - you caught me, tvlampboy! (Yes, you can see from my wishlist that I'm not 100% satisfied yet.)

5 for me, going to increase to 7 soon =]

49 bottles, plus around 20 or so decants & samples. (I haven't counted these). I should be happy with this amount, however I am constantly seeking "the next ONE". Since joining Basenotes - with a Christmas gift of a set of men's Calvin Klein's miniatures almost 2 years ago - my obssession with collecting and smelling different fragrances has exploded. I don't eat anymore, and I wear rags, but at least I smell good.

Bottom line is, if 500 is good for you, or 5 is good for you, then enjoy! It's up to you.

QE

I usually don't buy EDT's, but there are some frags that only offer themselves in EDT. I think I have around 6 maybe. The rest of my collection is EDP.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

I only have edt/edps. 10 are minis or small bottles 22 are full bottles.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 9th October 2007 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Missed one bottle : p

I was a bit distressed when I crossed 100, but I got over it. Now I just know I have over a hundred--ooh, I checked my 'drobe and I'm at 140. I need to update a few bottles but that's very close. That's not counting mini, decants, or samples. Goodness! It would take too long to count.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

back in the days when i was still a normal peson, i used to own like 4-5 bottles. nowadays, it is more like 4-5 bottles every week. i have so many bottles i have stopped counting (it gets kind of depressing to face the fact i could be an addict). i also have a tendency to buy multiple bottles of the same perfume (same strength and/or different strengths) just in case i like it so much that i run out of it in future. i try to reason that i could always sell them off in future. but, in reality, i really cannot imagine myself packing hundereds of boxes and making all these trips to the postal office... is there any sniffers anonymous support group out there?

42 Designer frags currently-

8 200 ml EDT
    30 100 ml EDT
    2 90 ml EDT
    2 125 ml EDT

Niche Coming Up - Creed, Tom Ford & Penhaligon (don't know if Penhaligon is considered niche)
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Latest count: 1190 large bottles

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Latest count: 1190 large bottles
    WoW - how do you dare to have that many large bottles and not worry about longevity ?!?

I use 100 ml EDT a month and my stock of 42 bottles will last 3 years.....
    I know EDT can last 5-10 years, but at a risk of losing topnote sharpness and also the basenote.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Basenotes Member

First time poster here, but have been reading up on here for about a month or so now. My collection consists of 17 edt's and 4 edp's. My samples and decants consists of about 35 different vials and sprays of designer and niche frags.

Some of my favorite frags from my collection are: Le Labo Poivre 23 (London Exclusive)(numerous samples, buying bottle in November from LuckyScent), L' Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme, By Man by Dolce and Gabbana, Fresh Cannabis Santal, Creed Millesime Imperial and L' Amoureux 6 by Dolce and Gabbana.

I have too many. I find that more than 14 fragrances is way too much

I also feel like I have too many. I have 10 right now, and I really only want to own bottles of 5 of them. It's ok though. I'll just try to sell the ones I don't like and get others that I want. I think anywhere from 5-10 is the perfect number. Then if possible, swap the ones you don't like anymore so you don't waste too much money.

50+ including backup bottles

Around 50. My finance has just as many (we're at about 100 between the two of us). Speaking for myself, I've figured out what my taste is and I don't buy as frequently as I did when I was starting out.

For longevity, we've keep them in a dark cool closet. I have some that are about five years old and they show no signs of spoilage.

I think about 50 but the only 25 that are in my wardrobe are the ones i actually wear. And of those 25 ones more intensively, i use weekly, say 3- maximum 4. Some weeks pass so that i only use 1 fragrance the whole week.