Code of Conduct

Default Kilian Jumbo Size still being sold?

Does anyone know if Kilian or its distributors still sell the 3.4 oz jumbo refills for their collection?
    I am looking int trying to get a big boy size of Back to Black.

I found one on ebay , but when I ask the seller when he bought it and if he is the original owner , he keeps saying " its very fresh".
    I am a little nervous about buying on ebay with such a vague response. I already bought a rancid / tampered jumbo version (in the aluminum bottle) once and it was a hassle to return to the seller.

also another question, in terms of looking out for newer bottles of 3.4 oz refills on ebay and sites like ebay, Is there is a difference between the glass version and aluminum version ? Refill retail product vs refill for store purposes maybe? That is my best guess.

Cool Re: Kilian Jumbo Size still being sold?

Quote Originally Posted by bravacosta View Post
    Does anyone know if Kilian or its distributors still sell the 3.4 oz jumbo refills for their collection?
    I am looking int trying to get a big boy size of Back to Black.
    also another question, in terms of looking out for newer bottles of 3.4 oz refills on ebay and sites like ebay, Is there is a difference between the glass version and aluminum version ? Refill retail product vs refill for store purposes maybe? That is my best guess.
    Nope, not offered anymore in stores or direct from their site. I've got 2 big boys of B to B that I purchased @ Saks online a few years ago and storing till I need them. Around that same time, they started disappearing from their site (and the Kilian site) and no one re-stocked any jumbo aluminum bottles of Kilians scents after they sold out. Lucky Scent offered them for a while, but I believe they are gone now.

Maybe they didn't sell well, with prices of perfumes going up all the time. Few that wanted to spend that kind of cash probably dwindled. Unfortunate for the rest of us because I was going to invest in a few other scents of the Kilian jumbo bottles.Lesson learned. Buy while you can while the perfume is still available!

Default Re: Kilian Jumbo Size still being sold?

Thanks did the info . I called the boutique in NYC and the rude SA told me they have NEVER made a 3.4 oz size . I knew the blot was wrong .

Thanks did the info . I called the boutique in NYC and the rude SA told me they have NEVER made a 3.4 oz size . I knew the blot was wrong .
    The sales lady at their boutique is a total biatch too.

Basenotes Plus

Keep in mind, the boutique in NYC is relatively new, and this pre-dates the opening of the boutique by several years. It is possible, this SA is new enough to the line not to be aware that it was ever part of the line.

Not seem them for a while so presume they are discontinued.

I recently acquired a glass 100ml refill bottle of each of the following:
    Musk Oud
    Incense Oud
    Extreme Oud
    Pure Oud

(I don't like Oud at all, honest)

From my Googling I can't see the glass bottles ever being available for purchase so I reckon these are refills for store purposes used to fill up testers.

I got mine from eBay, they are genuine and smell awesome.

Any chance you can post a pic of one of them? Im wondering how they differ??

Ok so I can't comment in whether or not 100ml sizes were ever officially sold (although based on the above it sounds like they were).

What I can say as someone who worked with a Kilian counter+SA is if you see an aluminum canister and I'm pretty sure a 100-150ml glass bottle, those are probably from behind the counter at a store. So who's selling it? Could be a SA with extra stock they take home (sometimes corporate just keeps sending more juice) or incentives or the SA or SA's from other lines, etc or maybe (unlikely) a big customer who gets something tossed in for a huge purchase etc. But as far as I know that style and size is meant as refills or the counter testers. They go through a fair amount of juice and sending 50ml refills for the counter isn't efficient.

There is a serial number / batch code on the metal cans so of you're worried about the juice having turned bad then check that.
    its possible the reason it went home with someone is that it might be 'expired' or close to it so the counter was just going to toss it.
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 12th September 2014 at 06:10 PM.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I have a couple of the 100ml aluminum refill bottles, purchased several years ago from Luckyscent. I also have a couple of the 100ml glass tester refill bottles purchased on EBay.

Do the refill bottles also come in 50ml?

^ yes, that's the standard size. There used to also be 30ml as a refill set of vials for the travel sets but if I'm not mistaken they've fazed those out so now the standard is just a 50ml refill bottle with funnel and atomizer.

cazaubon - interesting, never knew you could officially buy the aluminum container refills, but then again I was only a SA about 2-3 years ago
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads