Code of Conduct

Default Fake Paco Rabanne 1 million 100ml 3.4FL OZ *Lots of pics included"

Well I didnt really think about it but I bought Paco Rabanne 1 million 100ml from ebay off of a seller who has power seller status and NO mention of fakes or disputes! (also states he actively reports anyone selling fakes Hmmmmm!) When i received it it looked 100% real (probably because the box was real!) opened it up and tried to squirt it but nothing came out, tried for 5 minutes and nothing. This made me this hang on is this even real!? So after a bit of searching i found VERY little on this in the way of pictures but soon found this to be a fake
    Contacted the seller and he gave a shoddy story about oh some fakes can get through our quality checks blah blah blah. So ive gone out and spent an extra £12 and got one from an actual shop. So before I send the other one back heres what the differences are!

The scent wears off after a few hours is a start!

The pics are taken on my Galaxy s2 so sorry for quality!
    Ok in the following pictures if two products are in the same picture then the Left one is the fake and the Right one is the Genuine one

Plastic overlaps more on the fake and doesnt feel as thick as the Genuine one.

Heres the front of the boxs (fake left - Gen right) two differences really. Genuine has a much shinier gold colour to it rather than the nearly mat golf finish on the fake. The print isnt so fine on the fake, on the M bellow the 1 it should have ribs down the middle but the fake some of them are missing.

Bottom of the boxes (fake left - Gen right) has a different layout and the stamped serial number is a bit clearer on the Gen one.

Tops of the boxes, the PR on the fake isnt quite straight

The backs (fake left - Gen right) once again different lay out but like i said im not sure if this is just an old reused box or a fake one!

Front of the actual bottles. As you can see there is a colour difference, the fake has a rosey tinge to the gold where as the real one looks like a lighter shade of pure gold. Also the finish on the fake isnt as smooth as the gen.

The Fake is also shorter shown here.

The tops are very similar, here you can see the difference in colour and the fake has a much sharper tacky looking symbol compared to the gen. The gen looks better made too.

The side of the top of the bottle isnt very clean cut where it meets the bottle on the fake

Where as the Gen one is and looks crisp

At the bottom on both sides the fake has marks/lines up the side of about 1-2cm

Gen one doesnt

On the bottom of the fake there are some random marks in the middle (some have numbers) but mine doesnt even look like anything!

Gen one will be blank and look neat!

Fake ones bottom, stamp info is in a different order than the Gen

Gen on looking crisp and neat

The actual colour when you compare them and how full it is (remember these are both brand new)

The serial number stamper on the bottom of the box will match if its real!
    Fake:

Real: the 1 is a bit faint on the bottle.

Anyway hope this helps anyone looking for genuine PR 1 million and prevents people being ripped off. Hope you have all found this information helpfull!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Fake Paco Rabanne 1 million 100ml 3.4FL OZ *Lots of pics included"

Very detailed indeed, esp for a first post. Thanks for sharing & welcome to Basenotes!

Perhaps we should start a monthly thread called "Today I spotted this fake..."

What does it smell like? Welcome to Basenotes!!

Dang that's a pretty good fake

There has got to be some way we can blame this on Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by Desk20 View Post
    It's a billion dollar industry.

DiamondFlame - I just thought id do it as there wasnt much about that compared the same size, was always 50ml to 100ml. If you do start that thread id be very humbled to be the first adition

Boosh - It smelt musty, not as strong and the scent just wasnt quite right.

Desk20 - Yeah ill agree with you on that one, it didnt scream fake untill i compared it to the real deal.

Slvrbckgorilla - Not sure what you mean, "in joke"?

Thanks for the welcome messages everyone!

Great post, especially great that you compared a 100ml to a 100ml. I compared a 50ml to the 100ml in my thread and many people were too focused on that and not the other details.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Thanks Neil4Speed, it was your post I found most helpful and saw that people stuck on the fact the sizes were different. So on seeing yours i thought id do one myself.

Thanks for pointing this out! Does anyone have a list of the most fakes men's fragrances? I know for women it's Chanel Coco Mademoiselle and CK Euphoria.

Just as long as you can get your money back....

No doubt i will as ebay and paypal will back me as its a fake.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    It's a billion dollar industry.
    Yeah - these fakes are getting damn good. Interesting that longevity is still the real give-away.

Quote Originally Posted by Desk20 View Post
    +1, even side by side with the real thing the differences are minute and not immediately obvious. If you bought this blind, you just might think it doesn't react well with your skin chemistry and hence the longevity issues

Thats what I thought, its only because it didnt work when trying to spray it straight away is what made me check.

Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    There has got to be some way we can blame this on Creed.
    Haha yes! I lol'd at that one mane.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Eventually you get tired of looking for fakes. I have been getting into drugstore fragrances for that reason. I have a recent horror story but I won't bore you with the details....I now buy Halston Z-14 for $14 coupled with speed stick musk for $3.29.

I have wasted so much money on nonsense. None of it has made me happy.

Not looking to piss you off Gareth... but what did Paco Rabanne & Co. and/or Puig & Co. say about all this? Think about it. These things generally are not produced all on the same day, all by the same person, all using the same machines, all at the same location, etc. etc. etc. Now it seems Rabanne and Puig teamed up at some point. Maybe all these slight changes in presentation reflect harmonization of operations. Shite, who knows other than the manufacturer. And yet unless the manufacturer choses to cooperate with an inquiry, you're left with pure speculation.

So, without going to the source how does logic and reasoning bring you to this conclusion? I don't sell on ebay and I don't know this seller, but is it so fair to give his/her rep a good thrashing without the one fact that matters most: Did the manufacturer identify one or the other as fake. Afterall, things do change and of course not always for the better.

Jus sayin.

DuNezDeBuzier makes a good point. However I feel it is the responsibility of the company to make their changes known. I recently sent an angry email to a national chain because my bottle didn't look the same as the picture on their website. It winds up the fragrance was ok but how was I to know ? This was my first time purchasing this fragrance.

I've read complaints about fake cosmetics being sold on amazon...even toothpaste FCS !

Welcome to the new world.

Hasnt pissed me off at all, this is only the internet after all

If a cologne doesnt smell as it should, Not filled even near the top, wears off within a few hours, scratches and wear marks on a "brand new" product.

Should the list go on?

The fact i have bought a product and compared the two and the scents are different, last different, look different on these grounds alone anyone in retail would be asking for money back.

These fakes are getting essentially indistinguishable from genuine articles. It's the reason I never buy scents from Amazon or Ebay. Only thing I bought was halston man amber, a scent I knew wouldn't be faked since there is little market for it.

Haha i'm on either my 2nd or 3rd bottle of 1 Million, and it wasn't until I saw these pictures I realised you can see the juice!

I just thought it was solid black on the back.

So, a bottle I thought was almost empty I can now see I have under half a bottle left

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Very detailed indeed, esp for a first post. Thanks for sharing & welcome to Basenotes!

Perhaps we should start a monthly thread called "Today I spotted this fake..."
    Great suggestion, Diamond.

Thank you, Gareth, for sharing the photos.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Cancer has been cured in less time than likely spent making these comparisons. I could see if it was a flacon of Creed or Clive Christian, but Paco Rabanne 1 Million?

In related news - I'm pretty sure I got a fake bottle of Febreze the other day, I'll be posting detailed pictures later this evening..

You didnt have to read this thread did you?

Pointless input really, flaming random people.

hmmm, you've got me worried now...

My box is the same as the fake one and the stamp on the bottom of the bottle is arranged like the fake one, but everything else seems legit. Same serial, no imperfections, full juice...

bought from scentvalley on ebay, 25,000 feedback and any probs (toolhaus) non mention this frag or the word fake ever, just late or wrong product, etc.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

My box is the same as the fake one and the stamp on the bottom of the bottle is arranged like the fake one, but everything else seems legit. Same serial, no imperfections, full juice...

bought from scentvalley on ebay, 25,000 feedback and any probs (toolhaus) non mention this frag or the word fake ever, just late or wrong product, etc.
    If the fakes are this high of quality in appearance, I don't think the average buyer would think twice about it

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

Its probably a real one, yours may just be the same as the one they coppied.
    If the serial numers the same its probably gen.

That's why I am not buying on E-Bay.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Practice safe perfume buying... don't buy on Ebay! I know it is hard to pay out the bucks for the real deal (they do overcharge) but really, buy from a reputable dealer, or else you always risk to get some bad thing.

damn ! that is one good mothaf****n knockoff , I could not tell the difference at all.

Quote Originally Posted by fsface View Post
    Cancer has been cured in less time than likely spent making these comparisons. I could see if it was a flacon of Creed or Clive Christian, but Paco Rabanne 1 Million?

In related news - I'm pretty sure I got a fake bottle of Febreze the other day, I'll be posting detailed pictures later this evening..
    ... Spot the person here who's obviously got money to burn.

Quote Originally Posted by scent_of_life View Post
    Practice safe perfume buying... don't buy on Ebay! I know it is hard to pay out the bucks for the real deal (they do overcharge) but really, buy from a reputable dealer, or else you always risk to get some bad thing.
    I've bough loads of fragrances on eBay and have NEVER gotten a fake (yet !?) ... Besides even if I did I'd insist on a refund, (& they would honour it) so only time lost really. ... Plus I've gotten loads of bargains. So I still think it's well worth the risk !
    ~ (But that's just my opinion.)

"The earth laughs in flowers" - (E.E.Cummings)

------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by DuNezDeBuzier View Post
    Not looking to piss you off Gareth... but what did Paco Rabanne & Co. and/or Puig & Co. say about all this? Think about it. These things generally are not produced all on the same day, all by the same person, all using the same machines, all at the same location, etc. etc. etc. Now it seems Rabanne and Puig teamed up at some point. Maybe all these slight changes in presentation reflect harmonization of operations. Shite, who knows other than the manufacturer. And yet unless the manufacturer choses to cooperate with an inquiry, you're left with pure speculation.

So, without going to the source how does logic and reasoning bring you to this conclusion? I don't sell on ebay and I don't know this seller, but is it so fair to give his/her rep a good thrashing without the one fact that matters most: Did the manufacturer identify one or the other as fake. Afterall, things do change and of course not always for the better.

Jus sayin.

My box doesn't mention Puig, I got my bottle over a year ago in Canada.

PUIG industries produces a lot of fragrances. I saw its name in one 212. For me its not a fake, but maybe a change in the producer. Seems like the new producer is PUIG but before it was not.

To be fair, you haven't really proven that the other one was fake. It smells the same, and the minor differences could be due to changes in the location/method of production.

Where do i say it smells the same? I said it smelt musty and the scent wears off after a few hours or so where as my new one lasts a day and a night. Do you think a manufacturer would allow their product to be made far below the original quality? I think not, they have reputation at risk. Think what you like but if i spent money and got a shit product id take it back end of.

Quote Originally Posted by DuNezDeBuzier View Post

Jus sayin.
    No, it's fake. This place sells nothing but fakes; perfume, purses, clothes, jewelry, etcetera. Every one of them are near exact as you can see. You can pay extra for an exact copy of the packaging. This is a good place to find pics of fakes to compare to.

Thanks for this very informative input. I brought my 1 Million last year from a personal dealer in eBay who sells very cheap but authentic perfume. When I met the guy, I didn't check the bottle. All I did was to give the money and go home.

When I was browsing here about this frag, I came across this thread and it made me so damn nervous. I quickly looked at the whole thing but fortunately, my 1 Million is authentic. All of the information you provided about being genuine, is all the same thing that my 1 Million has.

Seriously, thank you. This made my day
    Last edited by groomdedz; 28th December 2012 at 03:19 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

mine's legit then. thanks for this.

the fakes are looking very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    ... Spot the person here who's obviously got money to burn.
    +1...