Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HELP ME. Should I buy an 8oz vintage Aramis for $120? How about 8oz Creed Vintage Tabarome for $500?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HELP ME. Should I buy an 8oz vintage Aramis for $120? How about 8oz Creed Vintage Tabarome for $

Or recommend another really loud classic masculine scent. When I enter a room, I want people to think, "wow what a jerk why is wearing such loud turpentine like cologne?" and then think "oh right, because he's a man and a badass"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HELP ME. Should I buy an 8oz vintage Aramis for $120? How about 8oz Creed Vintage Tabarome for $

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    When I enter a room, I want people to think, "wow what a jerk why is wearing such loud turpentine like cologne?"

...Then go with Aramis.

I would say no to both IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

buy better a current Aramis (1.7 Oz e.g.) , is cheaper and enough masculine
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Post Thanks / Like

My guess is the Tabarome is going to go higher over the next few days remaining. My gut says a lot, too.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    My guess is the Tabarome is going to go higher over the next few days remaining. My gut says a lot, too.
    Yeah I'm sorry you really should not count on getting it for $500 I would say its going to at LEAST hit the $800 mark if not much more

Learn to control those impulses! You can get vintage 100 ml bottles of APH once in a while on ebay, so have patience and save a lot of money. I wouldn't spend $500 on any frag so I can't help you with that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Why would you spend that kind of $$ on Vintage Tabarome when you could get Cereus No 7 for a fraction of the price?

Quote Originally Posted by philmcphe View Post
    Yeah I'm sorry you really should not count on getting it for $500 I would say its going to at LEAST hit the $800 mark if not much more
    So I can bid $$650 for shits n giggles?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    So I can bid $$650 for shits n giggles?
    Probably.

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't surprise me if Vintage Tabarome went for well over $1000. For that price you'd have to be a freaking idiot.
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have a flacon that I sold her on Basenotes for something like $200. Recently I had a Basenoter offer me $1000 for a flacon of Vintage Tabarome but unfortunately I don't have one. This flacon on ebay is 70% full so about 175 ml. I'm curious to see how much it sells for.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

You sold a flaccon of VT for $200?!?!

It may not go up in price, for the same reason that I won't be buying it. The bottle is not tamper proof, so the seller could increase the level by adding liquid. So what seems like 70% full may be 35% full with VT and 35% with . . .
    Last edited by Cerel9; 7th October 2011 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Homme View Post
    Why would you spend that kind of $$ on Vintage Tabarome when you could get Cereus No 7 for a fraction of the price?
    LOL! Post of the year.
    "He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

Buy Terre D'Hermes Parfum instead...it's loud yet enjoyable.

Pass on both. Just buy a bottle of current Aramis and use the savings to buy another scent you want. I got my 2 oz. Aramis bottle at a grocery store on clearance for about $15, so it is possible to find it fairly cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to "make a statement", there are many cheaper fragrances to do so. Hell Quorum or even Bod Man $$$ are powerful enough to do that. Don't spend a boatload if that is what you want to achieve. I have a specific number of fragrances that do this for not a lot of $. Royal Copenhagen is my my favorite for it as it lasts all day, projects like no tomorrow, and best of all no one wears the stuff.

Bod $$$ is a tad on the sweet side but gets things done if its all about strong.

Royal Copenhagen, even in watered down current form it is still good enough for "wow thats strong stuff", and even gets the ladies approval (and I'm 30).

Elvis from Francis Denney is awesome in this respect, a spicy malange of all sorts of things, still wearing strong after 12 hrs (wore it today).

Hell there is even Joop!

If its all about loud fragrances to make a statement I'd buy neither of those. Like my favorite, Ungaro I, vintage discontinued variants of fragrances should be appreciated, not to garner a ruse from people or make a statement.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you should proceed with both purchases. Pay no heed to the naysayers.

Post Thanks / Like

You sold a flaccon of VT for $200?!?!
    Yes 5-6 Years ago you could get a flacon of Vintage Tabarome for around $200-250 from the seller creeddirect on ebay and also on scentiments. I bought 2 flacons and sold decants from one and sold the other because I needed some cash. The strange thing is Vintage Tabarome didn't receive that much hype here on Basenotes until it was impossible to find.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post
    Yes, you should proceed with both purchases. Pay no heed to the naysayers.
    I agree.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Just a word to the wise: On hard to find frags, desirable frags, auction frags and insanely good deals it's better to not alert the largest community of fraggaholics with disposable income until after you have bought them....
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    Just a word to the wise: On hard to find frags, desirable frags, auction frags and insanely good deals it's better to not alert the largest community of fraggaholics with disposable income until after you have bought them....
    I disagree. I think that notifying the community was a stroke of genius. The original poster will now be able to spend even more money on the vintage fragrances. That will teach a lesson to all the naysayers. A lesson they will not soon forget.

That is not logical

/spock
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by philmcphe View Post
    I agree, and if a bidding war erupts it might top $1200.00! A partial VT tester went for almost $450 a few months ago.

Martin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    If you are the seller it's a good idea.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Post Thanks / Like

If you want cheap VT or anything else for that matter, do what I do for hard to find stuff, wait until around Christmas when people flood Ebay and watch for BIN auctions from the uninformed public flip the results for newly listed and check often, look for misspellings and use vague search terms. Saw a tester of VT go for $79 or so last year.

I did this last year and got myself 3.4oz Ungaro I for about $80, which is half what the current asking price is and a matching 2.5oz aftershave for $25.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

When I enter a room, I want people to think, "wow what a jerk why is wearing such loud turpentine like cologne?" and then think "oh right, because he's a man and a badass"
    Just splash on some turpentine. How's that's real badass?

Post Thanks / Like

If the retailers are trustworthy and only IF, both fragrances are worthy purchases

Post Thanks / Like

the 70% Vintage Tabarome flacon just sold for $690 on ebay. The bids went up from $623 in the last 10 seconds.

Post Thanks / Like

Does this invoke memories of Giorgio's Red for Men? Don't really see anything preventing Creed from makng this stuff again. Got two bottles of Red for $5 at Walgreeens on clearance after Christmas last year... If I were to spend close to $700 I'd buy a lot more than just that single bottle of VT. You could get quite a bit for that amount of cash... I think I'll wear Red tomorrow just in memory of how prices can crash.
    Last edited by man114; 10th October 2011 at 02:33 AM. Reason: added something

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure I could pay that much for a flaccon unless I picked it up in person to confirm the authenticity before handing over the cash.

Post Thanks / Like

If the VT is authentic, is $699 a good price for 170mls (~$4/ml)?

Anyone who posts this kind of thread in the "Just starting out" section, sohuld be very weary lest you fall to the dark-side. Many wise a men will know my words to be the truth, some in the end have paid with their homes wives and children as the price for such recklesness.