Most of my favorite fragrances to wear lately are designer frags -- Patou Pour Homme, Azzaro Pour Homme, Eau Sauvage, Caron Third Man, Hermes Bel Ami -- but they are almost all old, like decades old.
In the last dozen years or so, YSL has made some solid additions to the male fragrance canon -- I'm thinking M7 Fresh and Rive Gauche Pour Homme. But when I think about new classics generated by designers, the list is short. I like Polo Modern Reserve, but calling it a new classic is a stretch.
I was wondering what other people thought. What designer fragrances are coming out today that rank with the best of the best?
Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
Some day's you're the statue and some days you're the pigeon.
Some candidates from off the top of my head. Some of these are '98 and '99; hope that's close enough.
Le Feu d'Issey
If I had to pick one, it would be Le Feu d'Issey.
Last edited by L'Incandescent; 7th October 2011 at 03:09 AM.
Bulgari Black, Gucci Pour Homme I
Aqua Di Gio
Allure Homme? A little over a decade but close enough. ^^
Under heavy heavy bias, La Nuit. :P
Lalique Encre Noire
TF Grey Vetiver
Shalimar Parfum Initial
Tdh (Pure Parfum)
Last edited by volley2; 7th October 2011 at 08:45 AM.
What I've been wearing far too much of lately:
-Amouage Lyric Man
-Guerlain Gourmand Coquin
-Creed Jardin d'Amalfi
For the last decade, I'd go with:
Burberry London (Come on, this stuff smells amazing and classy!)
Pure Havane (An excellent gourmand with the slightest touch of tobacco)
Rive Gauche (Smells like an old school classic, which is always good in my book)
Juicy Couture Dirty English (Too bad they discontinued this one b/c it was a unique anti-unisex cologne)
Bvlgari Aqva (A very unique take on the aquatic family that can be worn any season)
"I am a robot and I like cheese"
1. Axe Kilo
2. Lectric Shave
3. Vicks Vapor Rub
4. Febreze Pour Homme
5. Preferred Stock
Rive Gauche, Dior Homme Intense, Mugler Cologne, Pure Havane
Yeah, for top gun amongst what I've smelled, I'm gonna have to go with TdH, with runner up to M7.
Agreed Terre d`Hermès
Quite difficult to say but I would
- Terre d'Hermès
- A*Men flankers, specially Pure Malt
- Dior Homme
if only one probably Terre d'Hermès
M7...no question about it.
Easy: Dior Homme
It´s fair to add Comme des Garçons, isn´t it ? Ill put Kyoto.
Halston Man Amber recently pushed Terre d'Hermes Pure Perfume off that shelf for me
ointments and perfume delight the heart....
Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa
Duel by Annick Goutal
Encre Noire by Lalique
La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
Infusion de Vétiver by Prada
M7 by YSL
L'instant de Guerlain extreme EDP
Dior Homme intense ( vintage)
Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....
1. Epic Man by Amouage (26 wears)
2. Leather Oud by Christian Dior (25 wears)
3. M7 by Yves Saint Laurent (20 wears)
4. Oud Imperial (black) by Perris Monte Carlo (16 wears)
5. Russian Tea Ritual by Masque (16 wears)
6. Fate Man by Amouage (14 wears)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
I am going to give a bit of love to
Roadster - Cartier
Replaces Lavender with Mint and Ozone to present a crisp modern fougere that still has enough classic feel to have a wide range of appeal.....but you have to love mint.