Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Byredo Seven Veils

This arrived at Barneys this week. The SA said he didn't even know they were getting it, and he didn't have any information on it.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: Byredo Seven Veils

I have quickly smelled it today at Skin's - Rotterdam - I found interesting, elegant, safe and classy, unfortunately did not pay much attention to it ;-) As I was more in Kilian's mood today;-)

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Found this info online:

A spicy oriental composition built around the warmth of the vanilla flower and Indian sandalwood.

It is based on the biblical tale of Salome's dance of the Seven Veils, a story of many layers. Tainted and bejeweled, Salome turns to the art of shameless seduction. Barefooted, sanguine and black eyed, she demands a man's head on a plate in exchange for one single dance...

"On that first morning the moon sinks late and you feel the pull, as if it were night, magnetic in a way the sun could never be. Three memories pervade the air. The way you hold it; the way through fingers you let it slip; and the way the woven silk floats across winds. So now floats a perfect fifth, in a minor chord, from an ancient bow, resonating in our ears louder and louder. And louder still until it grows stronger than even our beating hearts. You rise up, upon your feet, and even higher. With seven veils you dance, swirling, swirling, swirling." (Ben Gorham)

Top: carrot, pimento berries
    Mid: Tahitian vanilla flower, laurier rose, glycine, tiger orchid
    Base: sandalwood, vanilla bean
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Anyone else have opinions?

for swap/sale:

Banned

I tried this some time ago......but remember it beeing one of the best among the line, very original, carroty smell, sweet, juicy, exotic......but feminine sweet to me:-) , still it has real perfume structure its not like pulp, also sweetness is moderated, its very long lasting and has beautiful dry down....its all about that orange carrot, sweet

Since then i tried many sandalwood scents and developed a nose for it:-) so should revisit .

It reminds me of Angelique Noire by Guerlain. Calmer; less fruit, more earth, wood and vanilla.
    Last edited by Graphite; 23rd March 2013 at 04:07 PM.

I did like it, it's a nice powdery heliotrope-vanilla scent. Not particularly original or exceptional, but it is soft and beautiful imo and I wouldn't mind a bottle for the colder months. No associations with Angelique Noir or carrots for me...

I found a paper strip in my coat. It's ten days old, still smelling nice. Now I get the orange carrot thing iivanita described. (If I wouldn't have read here the word carrot it never came in to my mind. You only smell what you know;-)

It a vanilla nicely done perfume which has an original carrot note lending to this scent some originality

This has been around a while now. Didn't impress me -- had some skanky note going on. Maybe Salome's bare feet?
    I find Byredo's range pretty disappointing. I think 'Fantastic Man' was about 75 when I purchased a few years ago -- each are now about 125 a pop. It can't be because of the rising costs of raw materials -- you'd be hard pressed to find any in this range now.