Code of Conduct

Default Eau Savage Parfum vs Eau Savage Extreme ( Current Formulations )

Which do you think would be better for a 17 year old in a working environment during humid weather? Which projects better or lasts better for you? What smells the most pleasant? Also which ES flanker in you guy's opinions is worth the money more so than the other?
    Last edited by Shoe12; 5th May 2014 at 08:46 PM.

Default Re: Eau Savage Parfum vs Eau Savage Extreme ( Current Formulations )

While I absolutely love Eau Sauvage Parfum, it's not good in a working environment.

It's a nuclear projection bomb.

I prefer Eau Sauvage Parfum but it might be a bit much in the summer. It lasts for over twelve hours and has serious projection. The others in this line are nice but Eau Sauvage Cologne and EDT doesn't last, the Extreme had an off note for me.

Eau Sauvage Parfum
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Eau Sauvage Parfum, by a long stretch.

However, you have to keep in mind that Eau Sauvage Parfum is not a flanker of the regular Eau Sauvage, like Eau Sauvage Extreme is. Eau Sauvage Extreme is just a stronger version of the regular Eau Sauvage. But Eau Sauvage Parfum is a whole different fragrance, not related to Eau Sauvage almost at all. They share similar bottle design and the "Eau Sauvage" part of the name, but the Parfum is a much different composition. Definitely test it first, don't blind buy, if you are expecting something that smells like Eau Sauvage - as you may be disappointed. Not that it's a bad one, it's *GREAT*, just completely unrelated to Eau Sauvage. I personally don't care for Eau Sauvage or Eau Sauvage Extreme, but love Eau Sauvage Parfum. And like Supressor above mentioned - the force is strong with this one. Oh wait, May The Fourth was yesterday... I should find a non Star Wars reference to use today. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Eau Sauvage Parfum, by a long stretch.

However, you have to keep in mind that Eau Sauvage Parfum is not a flanker of the regular Eau Sauvage, like Eau Sauvage Extreme is. Eau Sauvage Extreme is just a stronger version of the regular Eau Sauvage. But Eau Sauvage Parfum is a whole different fragrance, not related to Eau Sauvage almost at all. They share similar bottle design and the "Eau Sauvage" part of the name, but the Parfum is a much different composition. Definitely test it first, don't blind buy, if you are expecting something that smells like Eau Sauvage - as you may be disappointed. Not that it's a bad one, it's *GREAT*, just completely unrelated to Eau Sauvage. I personally don't care for Eau Sauvage or Eau Sauvage Extreme, but love Eau Sauvage Parfum. And like Supressor above mentioned - the force is strong with this one. Oh wait, May The Fourth was yesterday... I should find a non Star Wars reference to use today. ;-)
    Hmm yes I've read that the Parfum is a more complex fragrance than the Edt. What I am looking for is a very masculine woody citrus that has great lasting power & projects. Thank you for the info

One spray of the parfum will be ok. To me it makes a drastic change from a resinous/citric scent to a sweet toffee! It's a brilliant fragrance and one of the most complimented on me

Eau Sauvage Parfum. It's a quite different fragrance, as remik indicated. A better one, IMO.

Parfum, though Fraicheur Cuir may also be a good flanker choice.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe12 View Post
    Hmm yes I've read that the Parfum is a more complex fragrance than the Edt. What I am looking for is a very masculine woody citrus that has great lasting power & projects. Thank you for the info
    You're welcome. ESP is definitely very masculine, very long lasting, and projecting very well. It's a modern powerhouse.

However, if you are looking for "woody citrus" - this may not be what you are looking for. ESP is all about myrrh, vetiver and citrus (bergamot). Not so much wood. And the myrrh is very strong and very prominent here.

I have both the EDP and EDT concentrations, and I prefer the EDT in the spring/summer and the EDP in the fall/winter.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmysmellworld View Post
    To me it makes a drastic change from a resinous/citric scent to a sweet toffee!
    Exactly. You nailed it.
    It takes +/- 1 hour to make this transition.