Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default Pls help identify 2 versions of Chanel Pour Monsieur

I am a new to fragrances so I thought the best thing to do was buy a bunch of samples; which I did from the perfumed court. One of the ones I really liked was marked Chanel pour Monsieur. It has a pale amber color in the glass vial.

So I bought 100ml of it and had it shipped from overseas. However it seemed different to me out of the gate. The color is different too - a pale green.

My question is does anyone know what the pale amber version that came from the perfumed court is? Perhaps the concentre?

They both smell like they come from the same family, but have some distinct differences. I mention the difference in color thinking that might be the easiest and biggest clue to share.
    Cheers,

-Nick

Default Re: Pls help identify 2 versions of Chanel Pour Monsieur

The Green is Chanel Pour Monsieur

The pale Amber color is Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree

Pour Monsieur Concentree opens with some citrus (orange) but the majority of the scent is dominated by cardamom, nutmeg (smells like cinnamon), and vanilla. So overal it smells like orange,cinnamon/nutmeg, and vanilla

Chanel Pour Monsieur (the green bottle) is a chypre--it is more dominated by Lemon, Oakmoss, Vetiver, and Cedar--so overall, lots of citrus and woods

They're almost completely different scents. I think many people have been confused by the names and what happened to you happens quite often.

Basenotes Member

Oh Boy - the sample I received was not marked concentree - and as you say, they are quite different. I like them both for different reasons so it is far from a total loss for me. But I may look for a small bottle of the concentree as well.

Thank you so much for helping me out!
    Cheers,

-Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Njtnjt View Post
    I like them both for different reasons so it is far from a total loss for me.
    They are both wonderful renditions IMO.

Basenotes Member

Hednic - I agree completely. It was a bit perplexing when I first tried the pour Monsieur and it was not what I remembered from the decant I had been using. I decided after a few days that the older formulation is also really to my liking so no harm done. Just a bit of confusion. I will email a note to perfumed court and suggest they label the juice as concentree to minimize confusion.
    Cheers,

-Nick