Code of Conduct

Default Cartier Roadster

I just purchased this last week and so far I'm not too impressed. I'm not sure If I'm missing something here, but all the reviews I've read say it has great longevity and pretty strong but I fail to smell anything after the first 20-30min.

Yes when I put my wrist to my nose I do smell it but it literally doesn't smell like anything if that makes sense ..just a bland type smel that no one even close to me could notice. I put 3 sprays to the chest, 2 neck and one to wrist. So I used a fair amount .

Am I the only one that has this opinion or maybe that's the ways it's intended to be ?

Bottle is legit bought it at neimens.

Default Re: Cartier Roadster

Sorry to hear that! Roadster has very good longevity on me - easily over twelve hours! I'm actually wearing this scent today and what I smell is very pleasant slightly sweet woody smell with a touch of mint.

Basenotes Plus

Fragrances vary with tastes. Perhaps this is not for you? That's what happens sometimes when you buy them unsniffed. But you've already bought it so how about wearing it out for a day or 2 and ask your friends (guys & gals) if they can catch the occasional whiff from you. Find out what they think of it.

If you feel like selling it in the end, there's always e(vil)Bay.

Sur la Plage

I like the minty opening. But then I feel it turns into a pretty generic, nothing of a drydown. I am not compelled to purchase it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I smell a very clear dust in this scent. Actually a refreshing dust.
    Longevity is great on me, 7 hours, but the sillage are weak to none. A classic office scent.

Haha go back to Joop, Daniel!
    IMO Roadster rocks despite the fact I can't smell it after 2-3 hours. But it's there, I tried spraying it on paper and leaving in a room, and it lingers forever on stuff like wallets, bags.

put a shot on your clothes, you'll be able to pick it up

Thanks for the replies. Yes, this is the noob in me to purchase without really testing it out.

I will give it a few more tries since I really want to like it especially since I paid retail at neimens lol

It looks like I did a poor job of explaining what I was experiencing, the scent is very bland but can smell If I sniff close to the skin but the projection and silleage is poor. Sits very close to the skin.

I'll give it a few more tries and try spraying on clothes as suggested.

Either way , I might have a brand new bottle of roadster up for sale or swap lol

I wasn't to impressed with Roadster either. Like others say, it has a warm mint opening. Then, just dries down to something far too discreet. No personality, no identity and really not worth exploring further ( to me).
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I believe the reason this is a great office scent is no one can smell it after 30min so it won't offend anyone lol

live jazz - boring edition

I pretty much hate this stuff, it smells like toothpaste. Better yet, it smells like super synthetic mint doused in wet paper. Projection is big at first to me, and gives me a headache. Those top notes last a good 2 hours, before the vetiver and woods creep in a little, I really do like the vetiver note in it, it's very gentle and not "old man-ish"/but sometimes dry downs just aren't worth the time and effort, the effort being, having to endure something you can't stand.. I can go find vetiver and woods elsewhere without having to have a headache and even feel dizzy for 2 hours.. It does go nicely with the mint though in the dry down. As for longevity.. this would have been a scrubber if the mint didn't calm down, I got a good 8+ hours. Overall though it's an overhyped fragrance mostly due to BN, no offense to Basenoters, but Roadster is quite the acquired-liking, try this before you buy it, samples are available everywhere!

Perceptions can vary a lot it seems. I find it refined, subtle, but the sillage and longevity are low. The only way it can last at full power for 8h is layering it on itself, several times.

The good (unfortunately): Longevity was at least 7 hours.
    The bad: It smells like someone gargled with mint flavored mouthwash, then spit on you.
    I carefully placed my Nordstorm samples where they belonged in the first place - the garbage.

it has a great longevity about 10-12h on me but ... drydown sucks
    its VERY simillar to Dirty English on me (DE is really nice but Roadster is not, but sharing many similarities)
    but on me things last and last
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

This has good lasting power on me also.....I find this to be a very nice classy fragrance.....Something that I would say is above average.....Maybe not a top 10.....but still above average.....Gary

I'm OK with it. Lasts a good long time on me, but I tend to get kind of bored by it after about four hours. Honestly, I think I like the bottle more than the fragrance itself. I've sampled the sport version a couple of times, and I'm beginning to think it's better, like it's the corrected version of Roadster.

I have no complaints with it at all.

Sounds like newbie olfactory fatigue. I solved this by spraying while holding my breath, then leaving the room and blowing on the area sprayed so that it got to the drydown quicker. Some say that they want the full top notes experience, but I just can't handle that and still enjoy the drydown. Also, skin chemistry can be an issue, but I doubt that is the case here, from what you describe.

Thanks for all the replies. It's good to see i'm not the only one experiencing this with Roadster...i feel better lol. I enjoy the top notes and its refreshing but literally doesn't last long at all and when i say last long i mean more as you noticing you are even wearing a scent. This afternoon i came home sprayed 8 sprays in total and went to my parents house an hour afterwards and asked my mom if she could smell anyting and she had to dig her nose into my neck and she said she could smell soemthing but it was very light. If anyone want's to offer me a swap or a deal on a brand new bottle of roadster with box and niemens receipt lol Let me know. I feel like a DONKEY for spending retail prices for this. Live and learn.

I then come home and sampe a little bit of Narsico Rodriguez for Him Edp on my left hand and it reminds me what a real fragrance should smell like....loving this stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNerd View Post
    live jazz - boring edition
    I too like Live Jazz better. The cilantro minty lemon combo is so well done and you can buy it for a fraction of the price of Roadster.

Quote Originally Posted by PhlyerFan View Post
    I too like Live Jazz better. The cilantro minty lemon combo is so well done and you can buy it for a fraction of the price of Roadster.
    Agree. LJ is a masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Sounds like newbie olfactory fatigue. I solved this by spraying while holding my breath, then leaving the room and blowing on the area sprayed so that it got to the drydown quicker. Some say that they want the full top notes experience, but I just can't handle that and still enjoy the drydown. Also, skin chemistry can be an issue, but I doubt that is the case here, from what you describe.
    What is olfactory fatigue? Sorry newbie here. How does the above test that you conducted help? Just get an idea of what the dry down is without it being on your skin? Similiar to just spraying it on one of the cards at the mall?

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    What is olfactory fatigue? Sorry newbie here. How does the above test that you conducted help? Just get an idea of what the dry down is without it being on your skin? Similiar to just spraying it on one of the cards at the mall?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olfactory_fatigue

boring...

Just tried this. Not a fan. I like the mint aspects, but it is a bit herbal smelling to me in an odd way. Smells like it was inspired by some older types of popular notes. Just that old world herbal men's scent with a new mint twist. Not bad, but not one I'll buy.