Code of Conduct
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default New Rosine: Glam Rose

GLAM ROSE

The woman

Glam Rose is aimed at the complex woman who dares to declare her uniqueness and difference, with an intangible touch of boldness and ultra-femininity.

The rose
    A rose bourbon, the Variegata di Bologna, with a violet smell.

The perfume

Created in 2011 by Benoist Lapouza and Delphine Lebeau, on a Marie-Hélène Rogeon idea.
    An unusual accord of rose and violet.

Olfactory family : Fruity floral - leathery
    Top note : Peppercorn, Ambret seed, Blackcurrant leaves
    Heart note : Roses, Violet, Jasmine, Lychee
    Base note : Cedar wood, Buckskin, Raspberry, Musc

http://www.les-parfums-de-rosine.com...um&id_gamme=30

Default Re: New Rosine: Glam Rose

This sounds like something my wife would really like. Thanks for the info.

Thank You 30 Roses. I have just noticed that I have their e mail too. I love the Rosines, almost all of them. I have had great fun with their "Enchantillons". I have then in a little tin and when it is opened the collective sillage is divine. The only problem is which to choose! What do you, our rosiest friend, think of Parfums De Rosine? Do you have a favourite?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Yes, I have a 100ml bottle of Diabolo Rose and love it! It's based on a French soft drink called a Diabolo (lemonade spiked with peppermint syrup.) Add the rose note and you have Diabolo Rose-- rose, mint, lemon.

I liked Écume de Rose and Zephir de Rose also, but not enough to buy them.

By the name and the notes, this sounds like it might be a makeup-y rose...which would be just fine with me, as long as it's not too similar to Lipstick Rose. Either way, as far as I'm concerned there's just no such think as a bad Rosine, so I'll be eager to sniff this one - thanks 30 R!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Benoist Lapouza, cassis and raspberry? Now that's a threesome to get my attention.

I sure hope Grant can get the wardrobe function set up so we can contribute new products directly. I'm trying not to be lured away by the wardrobe function at Fragrantica, but BN's directory has fallen behind in dozens and dozens of frags I've tried, own, or want to try.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Berries and roses doesn't sound too appealing to me (and I wasn't a fan of Lipstick rose), but who knows.

Foustie, I still need to purchase one Rosine, but on my to-buy list are things like Rose d'homme and Twill rose. I have bought a few of their candles for my rose-maniac cousin, who spends all weekends tending her rose garden. Their store in Paris is next to Serge Lutens, which is very convenient but at the same time negative, because both times I first entered the SL one, splurged on the exclusives, then felt a little remorse at spending and didn't purchase at Rosine. (Of course, within 20 min, the remorse was gone and I restarted spending at PdN etc etc).

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Berries and roses doesn't sound too appealing to me (and I wasn't a fan of Lipstick rose), but who knows.

Foustie, I still need to purchase one Rosine, but on my to-buy list are things like Rose d'homme and Twill rose. I have bought a few of their candles for my rose-maniac cousin, who spends all weekends tending her rose garden. Their store in Paris is next to Serge Lutens, which is very convenient but at the same time negative, because both times I first entered the SL one, splurged on the exclusives, then felt a little remorse at spending and didn't purchase at Rosine. (Of course, within 20 min, the remorse was gone and I restarted spending at PdN etc etc).

cacio
    Ha ha. I have been there. Why do we feel this guilt, even if fleeting? It's ridiculous!! I am also partial to D'Homme, and Diabolo, and Folie and...... but Twill? Well now; Rose and sweaty oxters, but that is fine if that floats your boat!

Note: Oxters (Auld Scots). Trans; English: Armpits

Learning new words...

I often like my roses with a little dirt. I've been intrigued by Tania Sanchez's description of the (non-Rosine) vintage Rose Poivree (male underwear), which I have never smelled, but the reformulation, which I have smelled, is simply nothing of the sort.

cacio