Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which one works better in terms of Longevity, Silliage and Projection

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prada Amber Pour Homme

25 75.76%
  • Mugler Cologne

8 24.24%

Default Prada Amber Pour Homme vs. Mugler Cologne - Longevity, Silliage, Projection

Hey Guys,

I know its not really the season, but I am looking for the right kind of "soapy" scent for my collection and was strongly considering both of these. I have smelled both, and scent wise they are about the same in my books. Which brings me to my next narrowing catagory, Longevity Sillage and Projection. Wondering if a few BN can help me out on this front.

Thank you advance.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Default Re: Prada Amber Pour Homme vs. Mugler Cologne - Longevity, Silliage, Projection

Mugler Cologne is much better in these areas IMO.

Default Re: Prada Amber Pour Homme vs. Mugler Cologne - Longevity, Silliage, Projection

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Mugler Cologne is much better in these areas IMO.
    Actually for me Prada PH gets the nod in all of these categories, but they're very different type of soapy scents. Mugler smells like a very run-of-the-mill, clean soap whereas Prada PH is a much sweeter, almost unisex type of soap. I find Mugler cologne to be a somewhat boring scent to wear and something I generally only wear in situations where appearing like you've put on cologne would be inappropriate, but Prada PH to be far less conservative

They're so different and so enjoyable that it's impossible to choose just one

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney_Falco View Post
    Actually for me Prada PH gets the nod in all of these categories,
    I totally agree.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I prefer the Mugler, but the Prada has stronger projection. Lasting power is about equal on my skin.

Even though I own a bottle of Mugler Cologne, Prada has much better projection and about the same longevity. With that being said I still enjoy Mugler Cologne more than I do Prada.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney_Falco View Post
    Prada PH gets the nod in all of these categories ...
    agree ...

I just got a sample of Mugler Cologne from the Perfumed Court today. It smells really clean, soapy, and nice. It's a very green scent. I own a bottle of Amber PH and it's a much more luxurious smelling fragrance. It's not even in the same class as Mugler cologne, which is a nice, but generic scent. Amber smells like expensive rich people soap and Mugler Cologne smells like regular income people soap.

As for longevity and projection, I think Amber has longer longevity b/c it lasts a good 10+ hours on me.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Prada is ridiculous is how good it is in all those categories.

On my skin Prada Amber pour Homme lasts all day and has good projection while Mugler Cologne is quite weak.

Even if I prefer Cologne, Prada Amber outdoes in all of these categories

One spray of PAPH, and you'll still smell it the day after... Easy to over do, go easy on the spray.
    LOST! in scent and music

Prada Amber was quite the 360 for me, Now on the hunt for it. I really appreciate how "luxurious" it smells for a soapy scent.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

On my skin, Mugler Cologne.

Also, I much prefer Gendarme EDP over Amber PH and Mugler Cologne.

Prada Amber PH Intense. I can smell what seems like a very clean, soapy musk all day on myself w this one.

amber pour homme i actually love.. but no one around me seems to dig it like i do, which strays me away from it.. sigh

I own and like them both equally. I tend to think of Mulger cologne as more of a casual scent and Prada as a formal. I wear them both every week.