Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Montale Kabul Aoud

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    This was never a release of the Paris Montale operation. Was never sold out of the former Paris boutique on Place Vendome, or later from Montale Paris when they were storeless in the interim. It always came from Montale International Design although it was produced in France in a production facility the company owns outside Paris. This Ebay seller, Avinash, (arabiandilight) whom I know well and from whom I have purchased several items from is based in Oman and almost all his products are obtained regionally from distributors in the Middle East. Don't know why he listed it as Paris unless he wanted to emphasize that it was made in France. By the way - when Ebay seller arabiandilight states: expedited shipping from outside US as his shipping method, he uses DHL Express and it arrives from Oman in three days.
    Hi

Did you manage to ask him for a little further clarification?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    Hi

Did you manage to ask him for a little further clarification?

Regards
    As to the Kabul Aoud I didn't, as I know that this is not a product the Paris boutique sells.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Just received a decant of Kabul aoud. I'm getting some spices and incense. There is something slightly sweet which could be dried fruits. The combination is reminding me of amouage jubilation xxv with more woods or oud. Myrrhe imperiale? Maybe a touch of similarity.
    This doesn't smell like a montale but rather an amouage. All I can say now is that it's a more oudy jubilation xxv.
    Edit: getting some similarity with black afgano as well.
    Last edited by joov84; 4th February 2016 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joov84 View Post
    Just received a decant of Kabul aoud. I'm getting some spices and incense. There is something slightly sweet which could be dried fruits.
    That might be the melilot which you are smelling that reminds you of the dried fruits.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    That might be the melilot which you are smelling that reminds you of the dried fruits.
    I'm still trying to figure out which fragrance it's similar to. It's very familiar. Certainly some similarity to jubilation xxv but I'm thinking it's another amouage. What do u think it is?

Quote Originally Posted by joov84 View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out which fragrance it's similar to. It's very familiar. Certainly some similarity to jubilation xxv but I'm thinking it's another amouage. What do u think it is?
    Not that knowledgeable about Amouage fragrances so not going to be much help there. Sorry.

Got a decent on the way so will report back shortly. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by daz View Post
    Got a decent on the way so will report back shortly. Looking forward to it.
    Cool. Let us know

I get strong coffee note, i don't get similarity with Jubilation XXV