Code of Conduct

Angry Montale Kabul Aoud

I have read about this new fragrance in several places. It is supposedly an exclusive and available in the UAE and at the Paris gallery. According to what I have read, "KABUL AOUD is produced combining the essential oils from Cedar, Guaiacwood, Aoud.". Sounds interesting and is something I would like to sample. Wonder if anyone has seen or sampled this one. Here is a link to one article about this release.

http://www.lamodadubai.com/2011/08/m...oud-fragrance/

But, I also wrote an email to Montale asking about methods of payment hoping I could purchase item(s) from them by using Paypal and about the availability of Kabul Aoud. Here is the reply I got direct from Montale...

"Hello,

This perfume doesnt exist.

Best regards"

No reply about how to pay for the item(s) that I want to order. I am a bit miffed. I want to place an order but don't want to send my credit card information by email. I also really wanted to try Kabul Aoud but I guess the dozen or so articles about this fragrance on the internet are all bogus... What's up with Montale?

Comments please.
    Last edited by Akahina; 3rd July 2014 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Spelling error in headline
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Default Re: Mohtale Kabul Aoud

Pierre is faster than we think, even Celine didnt know the new releases yet

This appears to be available only in the UAE. The Paris Gallery is located in the UAE in different malls if I am not mistaken. It's not referring to the Monatle store in Paris. Will not be able to get it from France. You might be able to get it from an Ebay seller in the UAE or perhaps in Kuwait in the near future.

Myself and others have ordered directly from them with the email credit card method. It feels risky at first, but I had no problems and so far I don't know of any of the other members having any problems (money missing, overcharged, etc. etc.) as of yet, so I would say go ahead with it if you're on the fence. Your order gets shipped quickly, it's cheaper than any storefront I've seen, the juice is fresh, plus you get freebies with every 100ml.

Basically all I did for my order was send them my credit card number along with the expiration date and the code on the back , and then the fragrance names and bottle sizes that I wanted to order, plus my preference for the free 20ml. I think it showed up at my door in Japan from France within a weeks time if I remember correctly.

About all the other stuff though.... your guess is a good as mine.

Yes it was released a few years ago. The name is ridiculous. Oud is not used in Kabul, Afghanistan or that region for the matter.

Yes it's exclusive to the UAE. Smells nice. Very generic opinion right? Lol

for swap/sale:

I can help anyone buy it.

for swap/sale:

Wich is the price hedonist?
    Ive read some day that montales are way cheaper in the Western

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    The name is ridiculous. Oud is not used in Kabul, Afghanistan or that region for the matter.
    Indeed. Ive noticed in my own masjid here that Afghani, Central Asian and Pakastani brothers don't care for the stuff at all. Whereas the Saudis and Gulf Arabs readily stretch out their arms for a swipe of oud whenever I bring it.

Montale is notoriously reticent, so don't be too put off by their lack of response. Many people here have ordered from them via email without incident. If you are concerned about card security (as I am) you can load a prepaid card for the transaction. Just don't expect any answers to your questions; I certainly have never gotten a reply from them when asking about their products.

Maybe a bit of the trick is how you word your emails as well. When I wrote them I simply said that I needed to know the availability and the prices for the bottles that I was going to order. I guess it was more of a statement than a question, but I got a response within a day or two. Worth a shot.

I have emailed Montale 3 times and gt a reply in a few days each time.

First time I asked about extra concentration and was told "Yes".

Second time I asked for prices and said I was interested in Black Aoud and a general price list for all their scents because I was unsure which two I would buy. I only got the price for Black Aoud and got the general prices for the Aoud line and the non-Oaud line.

Third time I asked if Kabul Aoud was available. Asked if I could pay by Paypal. Was only told that Kabul Aoud did not exist, no reply about Paypal.

I guess I will just send my credit card information and pray.

Unsure If I should just get 100ml of Black Aoud or if I should get 50lm each of Black Aoud and Aoud Lime, which I thought I loved but when I wore it a few days ago it seemed not to lost as long as I had hoped...maybe I did not apply enough from my little vial.

Decisions, decisions...I really want something a bit more challenging, anamalic and spicy in an Aoud but unsure which to get if I get 2 50ml bottles, and then what to get for the free 20ml bottle. I am thinking Full Incense for the 20ml but I have read about some longevity issues with that one and I want something strong that lasts. Thinking about their amber scent (Blue Amber, forget the name right now). Open to suggestions here. HELP!
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Honestly, to me the Montale Aoud's are so absurdly potent, I can't imagine burning through 100ml, which is why I went with the 50's myself. I rank Black Aoud as one of my favorites, yet I don't find many occasions to wear it, and when I do, I'll only go one, maybe two sprays. My vote would be for two 50ml bottles.

For your freebie, I'd recommend Dark Aoud. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Honestly, to me the Montale Aoud's are so absurdly potent, I can't imagine burning through 100ml, which is why I went with the 50's myself. I rank Black Aoud as one of my favorites, yet I don't find many occasions to wear it, and when I do, I'll only go one, maybe two sprays. My vote would be for two 50ml bottles.

For your freebie, I'd recommend Dark Aoud. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    OK, here is what I am thinking about buying. 50ml Black Aoud, 50ml Dark Aoud and 20ml (freebie) of Moon Aoud. Opinions?
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Perhaps Attar or Moon Aoud might also be to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    OK, here is what I am thinking about buying. 50ml Black Aoud, 50ml Dark Aoud and 20ml (freebie) of Moon Aoud. Opinions?
    If I remember right (if you're curious about prices that is) I believe the Black Aoud 50ml was 55 euros shipped, and the Dark Aoud was 65. As far as Moon Aoud goes, I haven't smelled it myself, but the reviews seem rather mixed. As it's free, you're really not losing out on anything by picking it though, so if you're liked what you've heard of it so far, I'd say go for it. From what I've smelled, I also like Aoud Lime, Black Musk, Wild Aoud, and Attar. Red Aoud in addition is spoken about very highly on the boards, though I've not smelled it.

But honestly, anything, including the few you were curious about would all be good bets, being free and all.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Perhaps Attar or Moon Aoud might also be to your liking.
    I really respect your opinions and Moon Aoud is probably going to be my freebie. I considered Attar but it seems the reviews are that it is a smoother scent also rather "rosey". I seek something dark and anamalic, something challenging. Any other ideas hednic?
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Wich is the price hedonist?
    Ive read some day that montales are way cheaper in the Western
    approx $140

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    Indeed. Ive noticed in my own masjid here that Afghani, Central Asian and Pakastani brothers don't care for the stuff at all. Whereas the Saudis and Gulf Arabs readily stretch out their arms for a swipe of oud whenever I bring it.
    Exactly.

for swap/sale:

I really don't understand the marketing of Montale or their philosophy of releasing so many fragrances. I would tolerate it if I actually enjoyed their fragrances. I find them average. Yes I've owned Black Aoud, Aoud Lime, and Cuir d'Arabie but I quickly got tired of them. I find it funny that on Luckyscent they list Aoud Lime as containing "Aoud from the Pakistan". I've never heard of any oud oil being procured from Pakistan.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I am sampling this one today and it is excellent. It smells very exotic and not like another typical rose-oud combo clone. I'm not a huge fan of incense, at least in fragrances, but it's blended well enough here that it's not overwhelming. I'd say sample it if you're a fan of Montale's style.

I just received a sample of "Aoud Afghan" from Abujouda on eBay and love it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aoud-Afghan-...-/261461606475 I'd say buy it without hesitation. I bought a FB for $65 delivered to Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by RS2AM View Post
    I am sampling this one today and it is excellent. It smells very exotic and not like another typical rose-oud combo clone.
    Agree an excellent scent IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacos View Post
    I just received a sample of "Aoud Afghan" from Abujouda on eBay and love it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aoud-Afghan-...-/261461606475 I'd say buy it without hesitation. I bought a FB for $65 delivered to Maine.

Is this the same as the Montale? Can't find any reviews on it

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacos View Post
    Does that have something to do with Kabul Aoud? Just list it on the Today I Bought thread.

Default Re: Montale Kabul Aoud

montales in saudi arabia are sold for around 100$ for 100ml