Code of Conduct

Default what is this citrus, musky, mediterranean/spanish fragrance called please ?

Hi,

Although I've been lurking around here for a while, this is my first post..........
    On and off, over time, usually from female spanish/mediterranean students, I have smelt a gorgeous, fresh, citrus, musk scent - almost like a cologne.
    Strange to say, but I never asked what it was.

I had forgotten all about it, until I encountered it again the other day.
    This time I DID ask what it was, but just my luck, the girl didn't speak any english lol !.

I love this scent and wonder if anybody can give me a clue as to the name of it - I know it's a long shot, but thought if anyone will know, this is the place to ask.

Another thing is, if I do find it, how will I know if the scent will suit me ? as I'm very far from mediterranean/student looking !!!.

Thanks for any help

X

Blog Entries

Default Re: what is this citrus, musky, mediterranean/spanish fragrance called please ?

Were these students here in the states or somewhere abroad?

Were they younger or older?

Sometimes a celebrity fragrance could be popular with a regional group of people but the celebrity could be from the other side of the globe............you might be surprised.

Younger girls in Europe might be crazy about Britney, Katy, Beyonce scents while girls or ladies in the U.S. might be into Victoria Beckham, Shakira or ????????????
    I know I was no help but thought you might consider such.

Default Re: what is this citrus, musky, mediterranean/spanish fragrance called please ?

I think there are a handful of those that Spanish folks seem to favor, but I think one of the leading ones is Heno De Previa..something like that.

Might be something from Loewe or Adolfo Dominguez ,very well known perfume houses in Spain.

sounds like Light Blue by D+G
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Thumbs up Re: what is this citrus, musky, mediterranean/spanish fragrance called please ?

Alvarez Gomes Água de Colonia Concentrada
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hi, Thanks to everyone for the replies

odioustoilet -I tend to usually smell it on younger females, I'm in the U.K., to me it initially smells along the same lines as the hand cleanser/refresher that Turkish people use (love it), but then turns musky, almost woody (not really helping myself here am I ?)......
    sharilstuff & Ciprian - thankyou both, I'll look into these, maybe try to get samples

wooznib - I used to wear D&G Light blue and definitley not that, but thanks anyway