Code of Conduct

Default M7 Collector Edition

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this fragrance YSL's M7 Collector Edition. Is it a different fragrance or just a fancy limited edition bottle? I tried looking online and here on basenotes for some information on it but I can not find any information on it what so ever. Below is a picture of the box. Any information would be of great help.

Thanks

“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” - Sir Oscar Wilde

Default Re: M7 Collector Edition

First time I've seen this. My guess is that's it's just different packaging as I don't remember a different formula being discussed in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    First time I've seen this. My guess is that's it's just different packaging as I don't remember a different formula being discussed in this forum.
    Thanks for your feedback hednic, but it looks like I will have to buy it to truely find out for myself LOL
    “I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” - Sir Oscar Wilde

Wonder what the bottle looks like ... never heard of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    Wonder what the bottle looks like ... never heard of this.
    Neither have I so it made me curious when I saw it on ebay, I just bought it a few mins ago on ebay figured I would take a chance. I hope it is not a fake :/...Never the less once it arrives I will be posting a picture on this thread and let everyone know if it is similar to the original M7

Quote Originally Posted by codehorror View Post
    Neither have I so it made me curious when I saw it on ebay, I just bought it a few mins ago on ebay figured I would take a chance. I hope it is not a fake :/...Never the less once it arrives I will be posting a picture on this thread and let everyone know if it is similar to the original M7
    Please do! I'm very intrigued by this.

interesting, i've never heard of a collectors edition of M7 either, all i know of is the vintage, current, and sport =\

Quote Originally Posted by codehorror View Post
    That looks rare as all heck. I have never heard or seen that before.

I look forward to your post

This is not the bottle I bought down below, but a friend of mine sent me this pic of the M7 collector bottle and this is the pic he sent me down below. So basically it appears it looks like the box.

Last edited by codehorror; 13th October 2011 at 11:59 PM.

I have never heard of this either.....Can't wait to here what You have to say CodeHorror!!!
    Gary

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Check this link out. The second from the bottom of the page shows one for sale on Ebay and it sold for $125.00

http://www.bizrate.com/perfume-and-c...start--20.html
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Check this link out. The second from the bottom of the page shows one for sale on Ebay and it sold for $125.00

http://www.bizrate.com/perfume-and-c...start--20.html
    Yup I am the one that bought it LOL

Hmmm it'll be interesting to see some pics once you get it codehorror. The bottle pic you posted above reminds me of the new bottle rather than the old one. In any case I've not heard of a collectors edition either.

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    Hmmm it'll be interesting to see some pics once you get it codehorror. The bottle pic you posted above reminds me of the new bottle rather than the old one. In any case I've not heard of a collectors edition either.
    I agree laph it does appear from the side to look like the newer bottle design with the reformulated M7. I hope this is not the case because I am a fan of the vintage M7, not that the reformulated version is completely horrible to me but it is still not the same. So I have my fingers crossed that this bottle contains the vintage M7 juice.

Bottle looks pretty cool IMO.

AromiErotici

Let us know what rendition it turns out to be.

So I finally got this fragrance today and I was very excited to finally see this bottle for myself and I must say that I like the bottle but I still personally prefer the original for the beauty of its simplicity. I have attached some photos down below.

Now as far as the juice inside, to my nose it is the reformulated juice. Also if there was any doubt, which really there is not, my assumption is confirmed by the 4 digit serial number on the the bottom of the collector's bottle (A vintage bottle has 5 digits), and the 13 ingredients on the back of the box (The vintage box only lists 4 ingredients).

So plain and simple the M7 Collector Edition to me is just a more fancy looking bottle with the reformulated juice!

Collector Bottle and Box

Front: Vintage vs. Collector

Side: Vintage vs. Collector

Back: Vintage vs. Collector

Bottom: Vintage vs. Collector

Exquisite bottle!

looks cool

If it came with a descent sprayer I would be happy with just that. M7 sprayer is the worst sprayer in the history of sprayers since sprayers began.

M7 sprayer is the worst sprayer in the history of sprayers since sprayers began.
    I don't know dude, Mugler's A*Men (plus flankers) ruber flask sprayers are pretty pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    I don't know dude, Mugler's A*Men (plus flankers) sprayers are pretty pitiful.
    Every time I pull the lid off, the tip comes with it. Thx Tom Ford !

Every time I pull the lid off, the tip comes with it. Thx Tom Ford !
    Oh, mine hasn't done that yet. But that is pretty bad.

Thanks codehorror for posting the pics and follow up. I love the design of the M7 bottle but always wished that it said "M7" on the front of the bottle (like the testers). Too bad it's reformulated, but cool bottle anyway and kind of a rarity.