Code of Conduct

Default H&G: Blask, anyone tried it?

I see it's available now at First in Fragrance. I'd order a sample but the shipping is insane!

So, has anyone tried this? The one review of it floating around on the net makes it sound really good.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Default Re: H&G: Blask, anyone tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I see it's available now at First in Fragrance. I'd order a sample but the shipping is insane!
    If it's a new release, I would think Luckyscent would eventually carry it since they carry the line which would make samples more easily attainable.

I'm hoping so, although sometimes Luckyscent is slow to get in new scents from certain lines. I think I'll go email them and ask.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Sent the email yesterday - still awaiting a reply.

Any of you Europeans seen/tried this? Is Humiecki & Graef even available in any of the larger niche shops over there?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Still no reply... grr!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I asked everywhere in Dubai (Bloomingdales, SAKS and Harvey Nichols all stock H&G) and no one has a clue.

Another review of it appeared on Fragrantica recently. I'm really lemming after this!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Has anyone tried this by now?

Calling Alfarom! Calling Alfarom! I see you've got this in your wardrobe.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I just tried this one today ! I love it ! Weird but wearable, maybe my next buy.

Hi guys, I am wearing a sample of Blask right now.
    It's 2 hours in development and the only way to describe it is: opens with walnuts plus red wine for 20 mins (as advertised) , after that it transitions into what i can only describe as glue. True, it is a very refined and expensive glue.
    We'll see how it transitions into the basenotes but for now i would say this is strictly for connoiseurs of chemical smells like glue, gasoline, paint thinner etc. It is very CdG-esque, and 100% chemical smelling. But this is not necessarly bad, I happen to enjoy it very much.
    No rain, no rainbow

Now I am 6 hours into it and it starts to resemble the drydown of V&R Spicebomb. IMO the drydown of spicebomb is also very similar with Ambre Narguile, sweet cinnamony rice pudding. So there you have it, after 6 hours smells to me like AN with a tinge of glue. Nice.....
    No rain, no rainbow

Sounds great felix thanks!
    I love the H&G line but have yet to try this and Eau Radieusse

Sos, I've been given a sample of this from a store in Florence. I've honestly not much to add to what I already said in my review. The freagrances has a weird juxtaposition bewteen edible elements and the typical alien flavours of many H&G. Quite bizarre indeed but, if I've to be 100% honest, I'm a bit turned off by a candied violet petals note that unconsciously brings to mind of Straight To Heaven (which I passionately detest). Don't get me wrong, Blask shares almost nothing with the ByKilian but I can't help my mind to stop associating them. It may be because of the similar sweet/sticky and strongly synthetic vibe...I't s about time to give it another wear...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Any association w/ Straight to Heaven scares me. Straight to Heaven is straight to olfactory hell for me, and surely ranks in my 5 most despised scents of all time.

Although I was just reading your reviews over at Fragrantica and you mentioned the candied violets in your Cruel Intentions review, which would seem to make more sense to me as StH is all rum/patch/cedar with some horribly nasty musk, at least to my nose. Did you mean Cruel Intentions by chance or was it *shudder* actually StH that you meant?

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Any association w/ Straight to Heaven scares me. Straight to Heaven is straight to olfactory hell for me, and surely ranks in my 5 most despised scents of all time.
    LOOL I know what you mean as this is exactly my feeling as well!!! Don't let this scares you too much though, my brain plays me tricky jokes sometimes...The fragrances are quite different, it's just that candied violet note that bothers me...

Mmm candied violets, that's made it sound even more appealing to me! :')
    I must have sh*t taste haha

Conclusion to Blask: the drydown ended at approx 14,00 that means longevity 6 hours. Later stages were increasingly sweet, kind of like Gaultier 2 but just in tone, not exactly in smell per se. The whole shtick could easily be an JPG fragrance and is not worth more than a JPG IMO. Disappointing for a 150 Euro fragrance. Oud? What out? Not FBW for me.

That does not mean I would not accept it as a gift though...
    No rain, no rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Conclusion to Blask: the drydown ended at approx 14,00 that means longevity 6 hours. Later stages were increasingly sweet, kind of like Gaultier 2 but just in tone, not exactly in smell per se. The whole shtick could easily be an JPG fragrance and is not worth more than a JPG IMO. Disappointing for a 150 Euro fragrance. Oud? What out? Not FBW for me.

That does not mean I would not accept it as a gift though...

Sounds like it's er, traditionally Humiecki & Graef-ish, then! :P I really like most of their fragrances but do find it hard to swallow the asking price for scents that are unique but usually so "out there" that they're hard to wear with even remote regularity.

This one is weird, I loved it on paper, was about to grab a bottle then applied it on my skin and it turned odd, quite interesting though. Nothing reminds me of straight to heaven that I also own and like (sorry SculptureOfSoul and alfarom lol).
    Might become a bit cloying over time but must try it again to verify.
    Interesting house imo!
    To SculptureOfSoul, the line is available with other niches at Jovoy in Paris, near Vendme.

Quote Originally Posted by l'improviste View Post
    Nothing reminds me of straight to heaven
    You're absolutely right. As I previously said, the two fragrances don't share any objective structural similarities but there's still something that my mind, when smelling Blask, associatetes to the Kilian. Maybe it's just that I'm probably hyper-sensitive to candied violets (which I get a lot from both) or, another explaination could be that they both have an overall synthetic vibe that my brain reads as similar...whatever....