Code of Conduct

Default Profumum Roma - What GREAT MALE scents do they make (other than Arso) ???

Hi all,

Having fallen in love with Arso, I noticed they have a WHOLE BUNVCH of fragrances in their line (all of which are listed as unisex), and am wondering who here has sampled/bought any and really like them, and why???

Thanks!!!!
    Last edited by fsface; 13th October 2011 at 05:35 PM.

AromiErotici

Default Re: Profumum Roma - What GREAT MALE scents do they make (other than Arso) ???

Santalum is my favorite. All the others I have sampled were very well made.

Default Re: Profumum Roma - What GREAT MALE scents do they make (other than Arso) ???

Love 'em all!

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Love 'em all!
    That doesn't really narrow it down there Neal. How about if you had to pick your top 5-10 out of the 20-whatever they make??

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by fsface View Post
    That doesn't really narrow it down. How about if you had to pick your top 5-10 out of the 20-whatever they make??
    I only have a top 2. Santalum and Patchouli.

The others really are well made, but a bit too pricey for me. They need to release 30 and 50ml versions of all their juice.

Sampled quite a few. Victrix and Vanitas are the names I remember

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    They need to release 30 and 50ml versions of all their juice.
    Absolutely agree. The price is the only thing keeping me from owning a few full bottles. The only one I've tried so far is Fumidus, and I love it. A smoke, scotch, and vetiver dream (or nightmare if you don't dig that sort of thing). I've managed to snag a couple of partial bottles, thankfully. I have samples of Arso and Acqua di Sale on the way, should arrive tomorrow.

My personal favorites are Victrix which is a spicy laurel/vetiver and Olibanum (stark frankincense with a seal wax vibe)

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Thundra is in my top three...

It’s basically a patchouli-heavy white musk with some other greenish, fresh, almost incense-y notes in there as well. I don’t find it to be a challenging, unique, or edgy scent at all; on the contrary it smells like something that could have existed for the past 50-60years maybe as an aftershave or something…I had a definite dejavu moment when I first smelled it trying to figure out what classic scent have I smelled that smells like this? (I still can’t figure it out)

Some say it smells “mushroomy” or “forest floor-like” and I agree particularly when it comes to the opening. But the dry down on its all earthy (yet clean) white musk that smells almost edible and on me projects really well and lasts all day into the next, especially on clothing. It’s one of only two frags I wear that I have gotten unsolicited compliments on.

I’ve also tried Victrix, Patchouli, and Ichnusa, and found them all to be very well made.
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

Quote Originally Posted by fsface View Post
    That doesn't really narrow it down there Neal. How about if you had to pick your top 5-10 out of the 20-whatever they make??
    Yeah, I know. Sorry.

Acqua Viva
    Antico Caruso
    Arso
    Fiore d'Ambra
    Santalum
    Thundra
    Victrix
    Olibanum
    Fumidus

Other than Arso, my favorite is Fumidus, but it is a smokey vetiver and scotch combo that is definitely not for everyone. I also like Olibanum, but can't really justify buying it since I have Rock Crystal already. I like Victrix and Thundra, too, but haven't found them FBW at Prufumum prices.

Okay, I'm going to put myself into Alpha male mode:

Acqua di Sale - seaweed aquatic
    Acqua Viva - think Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien
    Antico Caruso - a grown-up version of Jean-Paul Gaultier's Le Mâle
    Aquae Noblis - an absinthe-infused variation of Victrix
    Fumidus - earthy, smoky and boozy vetiver
    Ichnusa - fig, fig and a dash of vanilla
    Olibanum - frankincense
    Oxiana - the lovechild of Thundra and Vanitas
    Patchouly - one of the best patchoulis out there
    Santalum - sandalwood
    Thundra - short-lived woody-aromatic
    Victrix - freshly cut grass

Personally, I found most of the shorter lived offerings to be the archetypal male releases. Btw, if you love vanilla, this is one house that will most certainly have something for you.

IMHO, there are at least 10 Profumums that are FBW based on the quality of the scents alone. But when the price is factored in, only 4-5 max.

Am I the only one who thinks Arso is an unfortunate name (for an English speaker) applied to a perfume?

If I am, that's o.k. I'm used to being all alone in the gutter.

Victrix.

Great replies so far, looks like I'm going to have to find a way to check out a lot of what they have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksun View Post
    Absolutely agree. The price is the only thing keeping me from owning a few full bottles. The only one I've tried so far is Fumidus, and I love it. A smoke, scotch, and vetiver dream (or nightmare if you don't dig that sort of thing). I've managed to snag a couple of partial bottles, thankfully. I have samples of Arso and Acqua di Sale on the way, should arrive tomorrow.
    Man you're gonna LOVE Arso. Talk about the ultimate autumn/winter fireside woodstove fragrance, this is it. And yeah, it is a real strange name.