Thread: Vanilla Winter
Hey guys I've decided that this F/W I want a nice vanilla base to carry me through. What are the best vanilla fragrances in your books?
Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread
Les Nombres d'Or Vanille (Mona di Orio) is a sublime dry natural smelling vanilla bean scent
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
Gonna have to order that one from LS!
Caron pour un Homme - though this one is basically an all-season suitable, versatile classic
Dior Homme Intense
Jil Sander Man Absolute
Dior Hypnotic Poison
Last edited by dreamer81; 13th October 2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: typo
TOP 3 hot weather:
1. Gucci Pour Homme II
2. Lalique Encre Noire
3. Thierry Mugler Pure Energy
TOP 3 cold weather:
1. Eau des Baux
2. Dior Homme
3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
I hear this does not last long.....neither there vanilla patchouli
Easily in my books Les Nombres d'Or Vanille by Mona di Orio
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” - Sir Oscar Wilde
Bois 1920 La Vaniglia. I can't say enough about how good this is!
How does Les Nombres d'Or Vanille stack up against Spirituesse Double Vanille? Smelled the latter at Neimans today and fell in love with it.
SL Un Bois Vanille
notes: Black vanilla absolute, licorice, sandalwood, coconut milk, beeswax, caramelized benzoin, bitter almond, Gaiac wood, tonka bean
The price is fantastic for SL compared to SDV, gonna have to stop by Barneys soon and try some on.
Personally I enjoy Molinard's Vanille and Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille!
"Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each!" - Henry David Thoreau
Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford is pretty much the standard for a great vanilla fragrance but IMO Serge Luten's Un Bois de Vanille has it beat, even if it is labeled 'feminine'
Molinard smells cheap to me. TV is the choice if you want tobacco with the vanilla; Un Bois Vanille is really great, too; and Spiriteuse Double Vanille is the vanilla bomb when I want pure unadulterated vanilla. But due to the price I save SDV for special occasions.
Current Top Five:
1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
5. Creed Original Vetiver