Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Canali Prestige Edition Eau de Parfum

Just picked up this limited-edition this week after being on back order since before Christmas. Quite an impressive presentation. Large brown box top lifts to reveal a gorgeous brown bottle seated on a base with a lacquered, high-gloss shine and what looks like metallic paint on a car... quite striking.

As for the fragrance, a more intense version of the original, with greater sillage. I put the EDP on one arm and the EDT on the other. Four hours later, the EDT is hardly detectable and the EDP is still going strong. As you might guess with an EDP, I detect more of the woody notes and less of the fleeting fruit notes.

Packaging includes a beautiful color brochure, written in Italian and English, explaining how the perfume was created by French nose Pierre Bourdon. The notes are as follows:

Head:
    Spicy: Bergamot, Tangerine, Pineapple, Apple, Coriander from Russia, Cardamom from Ceylon, Nutmeg from Indonesia

Heart:
    Flowers: Lily of the Valley, Jasmine, Orange Blossom, Violet

Drydown:
    Woody/Leather: Iris Absolute, Leather from Cordova, Guaiac Wood, Cedarwood, Oakmoss, Sandalwood, Vetyver, Tonka Bean, Amber

Class in a bottle. Perfect for work and tenacious enough for a night on the town. A must-have for any serious perfume collector. Being a limited-edition, if you see it, don't pass it up!

Jim

Default Re: Canali Prestige Edition Eau de Parfum

I'm thinking of blind buying this (can't find a sample anywhere).

For those of you, who own or have tried Canali Prestige: Is it a masculine fragrance, like John Varvatos? Or is it more on the feminine side, because of its floral notes?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jim, I know this post is about 4 years old, but thanks for filling me in on your thoughts on Prestige. I blind bought it today, and hope to get it sometime soon. I have owned Black Diamond, Canali Man, and Style, so hopefully this one does me well and I can get some projection and longevity out of it.

Good to know it lasts better than the regular Canali Man.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

It's a 'dirtier' version of Black Diamond

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝