Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default NEW: Lorenzo Villoresi Iperborea

The new LV called Mare Nostrum is now slated for September release. A second new one, called Iperborea, will follow, but its release date has not been announced. For those folks out there who follow these LV threads, Iperborea is the one that he has been working on that was "inspired by the people of the Great North." If you'd like to find out more about the name (but not the fragrance), check out the wikipedia article "Hyperborea."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NEW: Lorenzo Villoresi Iperborea

Whats wrong with this guy Villoresi? Shifting launch dates, a general laggard approach to adding to the catalog ... is he short on inspiration or just bored ? He should first launch the fragrance he has been talking about for ages, and then only proceed with announcements of subsequent fragrances. No wonder his fans (whatever few there are left) are so irritated.
    -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Whats wrong with this guy Villoresi? Shifting launch dates, a general laggard approach to adding to the catalog ... is he short on inspiration or just bored ? He should first launch the fragrance he has been talking about for ages, and then only proceed with announcements of subsequent fragrances. No wonder his fans (whatever few there are left) are so irritated.
    He hasn't really announced this second one beyond just the brief quote I included, which has been on his website for a while. I found out the name of the second one today on another board. It was posted by a women in Milan. I then did a search and found out that he has, in fact, locked down that name legally. It is frustrating to those of us who are fans of his that he so rarely releases anything new, but I think I prefer his method to that of those who crank out (mostly half-assed) new fragrances at a rapid clip. He's also been focusing on his supposedly soon-to-open "perfume academy" for a while, so that might have something to do with the delay as well, esp. if he wants to coordinate the release of his new frag. with the opening of the academy. Who knows. I just hope these two new ones are good whenever they do come out.

Post Thanks / Like

Now Smell This recently added this as an upcoming 2010 release, but they no longer mention Mare Nostrum.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, here it is the middle of September and there's now no new LV in sight as far as i can tell. The Scented Salamander had announced that Iperborea would be a September release and it had been listed as such on Now Smell This as well. Now, it seems to have been removed from Now Smell This's listing of upcoming fragrances. Who knows whatever became of Mare Nostrum. Does anybody out there know what the hell is going on with Lorenzo Villoresi? I love many of his fragrances, but he seems to have stalled out. It's been several years now since he's had a new release. Maybe the new regulations are not compatible with his muse.

Iperborea is scheduled for an Oct/Nov 2010 release. It is suposed to be a white floral for women. Mare Nostrum is schedule for Spring 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, here we are in November. I'll believe it when I see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    Well, here we are in November. I'll believe it when I see it.
    I love Villoresi. If i lived in Florence, I'm not sure how much fragrance creating I would do.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Post Thanks / Like

I just heard from the German distributor, that the new women's scent will be out this year (Millefiori). I've smelled it and did not like, anyway, it's far from unisex. The next masculine will be out 2011. My friend has a bottle of the "beta-version" perhaps I'll get a sniff soon.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Cant wait. Thx for the headzup.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, apparently The Perfume Shoppe has Iperborea now although it's not on LV's website yet. Has anybody tried it? It doesn't sound like the kind of thing that would appeal to very many men to wear. This one sounds firmly in the feminine category, but who knows, I really like to wear his Garofano on occasion.

Post Thanks / Like

I completely agree with the questions about what he's doing. His scents are inspired, but I need to see more output and more consistent releases. Too bad, he is one of the few houses that gives Lutens a run for their money. That and please bring back Acqua di Colonia.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    I completely agree with the questions about what he's doing. His scents are inspired, but I need to see more output and more consistent releases. Too bad, he is one of the few houses that gives Lutens a run for their money. That and please bring back Acqua di Colonia.
    The Perfume Shoppe also has that one, and it's also available on his website (unlike Iperborea at the moment).

Post Thanks / Like

Has anybody tried this yet? It's out, but I've seen virtually no opinions about it anywhere yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I love this One: a soapy green floral full of charm.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2