Code of Conduct
    Dependent

Default Dior Homme Intense in Singapore

Hey guys. I m sorry as it is sort of like a repeated thread as I've seen a few threads on this topic. However, even after read through I wasnt too sure if the thread starter actually managed to get it hahha!

I live in Singapore and I've been walking around different shops look for DHI but according to Dior's counter, they dont carry DHI in SG. Just wondering if anyone have seen it anywhere here before?

And also, I've been checking out strawberrynet but they dont seem to carry it anymore too. Other than that, I've read about the reformulated DHI. If I get my DHI online, there is a very high chance that it is the reformulated one right?

Please help me out thanks!

Default Re: Dior Homme Intense in Singapore

There's always a chance you might find a bottle of the former online or on Ebay, but my guess is that the newer one will be found more frequently.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    There's always a chance you might find a bottle of the former online or on Ebay, but my guess is that the newer one will be found more frequently.
    That means I will most probably get the reformulated one haha. Hopefully there is a store in SG which I can head down to. At least I can see the batch number

I've traveled around a lot lately, and many countries don't carry DHI, even in Dior boutique. However, ALL of the airports I've been to had it. Maybe that's where you'd find it; duty free at the air port.

Singapore Dior boutiques does not stock it to my knowledge, the last time I've been there was a few months ago. Been searching it for myself. They do however stock Dior Homme Cologne. I tried the DFS stores at Changi Airport and couldn't find it either. Managed to get my DHI in Sydney...

I'll be heading to SG in a few weeks time, so I hope to keep a look out.
    Maybe it's the weather...Hahaha....Do they stock DHI in Malaysia?

Dependent

Thank ekove, I will get my brother to check for me at the airport's DFS. Hopefully there will be stock there.

Marshmellow: You've tried getting it from Dior counters too!? hahaha great I guess they really dont have it here in SG. You will be heading here from Sydney? Would you mind helping me check if they have it at the aiport before flying over please?

What┤s the idea of not stocking a certain fragrance in certain countries?

Hi,

So far in Singapore i havent seen any DHI in retail, however nearest place around singapore that seem to have it is in Bangkok Int Airport DFS

They have just started stocking it here in Malaysia, so I'd assume Singapore will follow. I'm pretty sure it will be the reformulation version though.

nope, they don't have it in Malaysia. to be honest, Malaysia is pretty shite when it comes to fragrances, stocking only basic mall frags. and they wouldn't stock 'heavier' scents due to the weather, according to an SA I asked anyway.

*edit* - apparently they do now; look above lol

Quote Originally Posted by vhild View Post
    What┤s the idea of not stocking a certain fragrance in certain countries?
    Go figure, apparently here in Spain they don't sell M7 anymore, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    Go figure, apparently here in Spain they don't sell M7 anymore, for example.
    So i read YSL wasn't restocking Kouros in the States.
    M7 would be a big loss. Rive Gauche is not being stocked in many shops here either. We're not talking about reformulations here, we're talking about l'oreal messing things and taking out of the market those frags that don't meet their selling-profit criteria.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    So i read YSL wasn't restocking Kouros in the States.
    M7 would be a big loss. Rive Gauche is not being stocked in many shops here either. We're not talking about reformulations here, we're talking about l'oreal messing things and taking out of the market those frags that don't meet their selling-profit criteria.
    And their absolute classics at that! Maybe they don't want to have a loyal male clientele?

They want everybody to buy L'Homme and its flankers. They'll surely get more profit out of those cheapos and they'll save in advertisements too. No M7, Rive Gauche and Kouros means more space for L'Homme.

I suppose they share thoughs and strategy with the bosses at Dior. We are trendy, we are modern, we adapt to our customers tastes... so you, fragheads that just want to smell good wearing our classics "adapt, be trendy, or get the f**k out our counters.

I'm starting to believe that what the people at YSL or Dior call "costumers" refers to "that group of people that aren't our costumers yet". I'm sure they strongly believe that most of their current costumers (not basenoters, par example) are going to buy the new Dior Hommes reformulated or not.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teemas View Post
    I live in Singapore and I've been walking around different shops look for DHI but according to Dior's counter, they dont carry DHI in SG. Just wondering if anyone have seen it anywhere here before?
    sorry mate , unfortunatelly I can┤t help you about your SPECIFIC question but I hope folks here know help you SPECIFICALLY , btw .. I think question was about DIOR homme intense , not about YSL...

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    They want everybody to buy L'Homme and its flankers. They'll surely get more profit out of those cheapos and they'll save in advertisements too. No M7, Rive Gauche and Kouros means more space for L'Homme.

I suppose they share thoughs and strategy with the bosses at Dior. We are trendy, we are modern, we adapt to our customers tastes... so you, fragheads that just want to smell good wearing our classics "adapt, be trendy, or get the f**k out our counters.

I'm starting to believe that what the people at YSL or Dior call "costumers" refers to "that group of people that aren't our costumers yet". I'm sure they strongly believe that most of their current costumers (not basenoters, par example) are going to buy the new Dior Hommes reformulated or not.
    I hope they know what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post
    Singapore Dior boutiques does not stock it to my knowledge, the last time I've been there was a few months ago. Been searching it for myself. They do however stock Dior Homme Cologne. I tried the DFS stores at Changi Airport and couldn't find it either. Managed to get my DHI in Sydney...

I'll be heading to SG in a few weeks time, so I hope to keep a look out.
    Maybe it's the weather...Hahaha....Do they stock DHI in Malaysia?
    They carried DHI in Malaysia but in 100ML bottle only retailing around RM 325 ($106+/-)..

Going to Singapore next week, will update.

singapore do not have DHI. but i have 4 bottles. all vintage. interested? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by subutex View Post
    singapore do not have DHI. but i have 4 bottles. all vintage. interested? ;D
    I already have a vintage bottle actually! Got it in Sydney a few months back! But I'm looking for any new niche set ups in SG, last time I went there was the good ole Jasina and Escentuals, not sure if there are others now.

jasina is not niche. escentuals is good, they make their le labo scents for you, right in front of you, if you purchase any.

try The HourGlass at KnightsBridge. they stock FM.

There is also a shop at Arab Street that has HDP. Check out the Singapore group.

Quote Originally Posted by subutex View Post
    jasina is not niche. escentuals is good, they make their le labo scents for you, right in front of you, if you purchase any.

try The HourGlass at KnightsBridge. they stock FM.

There is also a shop at Arab Street that has HDP. Check out the Singapore group.
    Jasina is more designer but having older rarities right? If my memory serves me well.
    By FM you mean Frederic Malle? Excellent. Any idea on the pricing? Looking to Musc Ravageur 100ml.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post
    Jasina is more designer but having older rarities right? If my memory serves me well.
    By FM you mean Frederic Malle? Excellent. Any idea on the pricing? Looking to Musc Ravageur 100ml.
    The pricing is the same as what you would find on the Barneys.com website - so it's the same as US pricing. Not too shabby if you ask me. I passed out when I saw what they were asking for Malles in Australia.

PS. You will be out of luck if you're looking to get a 50ml Malle bottle, as they only do the 3x10ml sprays and 100ml bottles. When asked about the rationale behind this decision, I wasn't able to get a satisfying answer
    Last edited by Pamplelune; 22nd November 2011 at 11:58 AM.
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

Bloody hell. Looks like when I head back to Malaysia I will be going across the border pretty frequently for my purchases then! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplelune View Post
    The pricing is the same as what you would find on the Barneys.com website - so it's the same as US pricing. Not too shabby if you ask me. I passed out when I saw what they were asking for Malles in Australia.

PS. You will be out of luck if you're looking to get a 50ml Malle bottle, as they only do the 3x10ml sprays and 100ml bottles. When asked about the rationale behind this decision, I wasn't able to get a satisfying answer
    LOL....Retail fragrance prices in Australia are in general highway robbery. Thank heavens for the Internet and overseas shopping trips.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplelune View Post

that was exactly what I asked too! Anyway if I didnt remember wrongly it was SDG$350 for a 100ml of MR? PoaL was 530 I think.
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Is DHI more widely available now yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Emospence View Post
    Is DHI more widely available now yet?

Yes, it is readily available at the DFS at Singapore's Changi airport now. I picked up a bottle when i had a trip in Dec 2013...