Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain Heritage question: Similarities to other Guerlain masculines?

I looked up older threads but all I could find were discussions about Foucault. Does Heritage bear strong similarities to other Guerlain masculines? I'm on the hunt for something warm and inviting. I've read comparisons to MDM and Jicky regarding Heritage's basenotes. The only Guerlain masculine I outright dislike is Habit Rouge (it has heady dollop of...something, though I like Shalimar). L'instant was just ok, but nothing to write home about.

Default Re: Guerlain Heritage question: Similarities to other Guerlain masculines?

I don't see much similarity between Heritage and Jicky / MdM. Chamade pour Homme could be what you're looking for.

Default Re: Guerlain Heritage question: Similarities to other Guerlain masculines?

I see it as being pretty unique.

I think it shares a few similarities to Coriolan and, as Reminiscent said, Chamade PH.

It is not similar to Habit Rouge.

Is the juniper berry very pronounced? It sounds interesting

If you are familiar with Guerlain scents, then the style of Heritage is instantly recognizable as having come from that house, but the scent itself is unlike other scents from the house. In other words, while it doesn't smell "like" any other scent, it is very "Guerlain."

Only very remotely with L'Instant pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Reminiscent View Post
    Chamade pour Homme
    ^^this!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    If you are familiar with Guerlain scents, then the style of Heritage is instantly recognizable as having come from that house, but the scent itself is unlike other scents from the house. In other words, while it doesn't smell "like" any other scent, it is very "Guerlain."
    Very well said, I agree with this.

Also, note, the Eau de Toilette and the Eau de Parfum smell a bit different (plus the vintage juice smells a bit different than the 'new' juice on the shelves) so take this into consideration when sampling Heritage.

The scent that comes to mind when I smell Heritage is Zino by Davidoff. Not another Guerlain.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I really like Heritage. I think it is an under appreciated Guerlain woody/ amber oriental fragrance. I prefer the vintage EdP and EdT which still can be found.

Martin

New York (Parfums de Nicolai)

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Good call. They share similar vibes, with Heritage the sweeter of the two.

It does smell like PdN New York! Especially the opening. It could have been a Guerlain or an Acqua Di Parma. Heritage is more 'sparkly' and shiny. I love heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post

This one.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basenotes Member

Zino, PdN New York and a little bit like Creed Bois de Portugal.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    +1

I much prefer the discontinued (I believe) EDP..very rich and delicious.

+1 PdN New York.

You might also like to try (oddly enough) Guerlain's own New York in the new amped up EDP formulation. I got just a touch of Heritage in the opening and it certainly qualifies as 'warm and inviting'. Leans more gourmand than oriental but not overly so.

I see things of the Egoiste┤s style in Heritage, the spicy facet of the one from Guerlain seems a 'heritage' from Egoiste school.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garšons man 2

The original Guess for men and Elizabeth Taylor's Passion for men are both close relatives of Heritage, with a strong citrus-amber-vanilla chord.

I also get a similar vibe from Escada Homme. I need to do a side-by-side with New York. I never thought of the two as similar before, but it makes total sense.

I rack my brain but, nothing is close enough to Heritage to merit a "similar" designation. It is unique.
    Griff

Creed Bois de Portugal

I have cologne 68 and I can can see a similarity, now I think of it, I can with l'Instant pour homme too. Of course the initial burst from Heritage is a bang on for Shalimar, which I wore religously in my twenties and have recently re-discovered and now wear to bed. Now I prefer the men's stuff. heritage is unisex IMO and is so elegant on a woman.
    Last edited by SusieSusie; 29th May 2012 at 11:52 PM.