Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Thoughts on Bond no. 9 I love NY for Him

I sampled that one and it smelled like one of tens generic aquatic smells
    Am glad I have the same opinion on this scent; very generic and boring, not really that special...
    For Him - As you are all saying, very generic designer male scent. Nothing special or interesting - and not what i would to buy.

So at what point - I mean, with all the talk of L'Instant Extreme, DHI, New Haarlem, Rochas Man, Kokorico, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee, etc - does a coffee or cocoa based gourmand become the new generic?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Wearing For Him today and the original poster is dead-on. It's a very safe scent, equal parts Hugo and Dior Higher. Smells modern and clean, but that's about all I can give it. Glad I just have the sample and I did not pay for a full size bottle. I actually think Bleu de Chanel is vastly superior to this. Oh well, at least it does not stink. This is very much in the vein of a mainstream Boss release, one I would not usually purchase.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    So at what point - I mean, with all the talk of L'Instant Extreme, DHI, New Haarlem, Rochas Man, Kokorico, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee, etc - does a coffee or cocoa based gourmand become the new generic?
    Not yet at any rate.

FWIW I didn't get much relation between ILNYFH and Chanel Bleu. ILNYFH is more of a dihydromyrcenol synthetic green masculine, a descendent of Cool Water. Ultra-generic.

For All otoh is probably the least sweet gourmand I've tried. It is a bit linear, synthetic and potent however. Not bad, but not sure I could wear it all day -- and its longevity is serious.

Blog Entries

Not a bad scent for a long day`s work when you are suited and booted for 8 hours...using the sample to top up at lunch time is a must...

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Yep, just like Thomas Kinkade paintings do......
    If no one else thinks that's funny, I do.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

I wore this today. You know, it's just not good. It's really irritating to me about 9 hours in. I'll take Chanel Bleu over this any day. This is from a small spray sample that I hope I have the sense to leave alone in the future. UGGGHHH.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I wore this today. You know, it's just not good. It's really irritating to me about 9 hours in. I'll take Chanel Bleu over this any day. This is from a small spray sample that I hope I have the sense to leave alone in the future. UGGGHHH.
    I know what you mean! have been wearing my sample recently again and must admit it got really boring after a while.

The price of this juice does not match the quality of the product.

I suggest you get it cheaper online somewhere else...
    Last edited by Francop; 29th August 2012 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Wearing For Him today and the original poster is dead-on. It's a very safe scent, equal parts Hugo and Dior Higher. Smells modern and clean, but that's about all I can give it. Glad I just have the sample and I did not pay for a full size bottle. I actually think Bleu de Chanel is vastly superior to this. Oh well, at least it does not stink. This is very much in the vein of a mainstream Boss release, one I would not usually purchase.
    I think this review is spot on as well, but I'd like to add that anyone interested in something modern but in the vein of those designer fragrances mentioned should take a closer look at this one. Guys are always posting comments asking for recommendations of a solid, work-appropriate, fresh, versatile fragrance. Well fellas - this is it! Its all the generic cleanness and freshness that you could want, but it projects and lasts like Acqua di Gio. So while it may not be worth $100 for the person with discriminating tastes, its certainly worth consideration for the guy with $80-90 to spend on something that will be pleasant and stand out of the crowd of body sprays, Axe deodorant, and subtle designer fragrances. I would describe it as "serviceable".
    Spring/Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme
    Kenzo Pour Homme (vintage)
    Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme (vintage)
    D& G Masculine
    Christian Dior Dune
    Guerlain Homme (EDT)
    Bond No9 Riverside Drive

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)