Code of Conduct

Lightbulb La nuit de l'homme during the summer?

Hey all. I'm new to this forum, though have some experience with a couple designer fragrances. I am looking to buy something new and have heard great things about La nuit de l'homme, though have a few questions about it. I've been told it is more of a fall/winter scent though was wondering if it would be a bad idea to wear it out during a summer night. Additionally, being in my early 20's I have read that this is a more "mature" scent.

I already own bleu de Chanel and Acqua di Gio and love them both, and for a while was thinking about Allure Homme Sport or the Edition Blanche but thought La nuit would be a bit different. I'm not too concerned with versatility as I only use scents before I go out at night anyway.

Any comments or suggestions would be great. Thanks!
    Last edited by willmiz; 27th March 2014 at 02:48 PM.

Default Re: La nuit de l'homme during the summer?

For the most part I think this summer/winter advice can be way over-analyzed. You of course wouldn't want to wear something that feels cloying on a hot summer day, but I don't think that's La Nuit at all. La Nuit is lightly romantic (not pimp-daddy like Le Male or whatever), and smells great. I'd wear it any time except maybe a super hot humid day, where I stick with super light fresh scents or nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Uvalde View Post
    For the most part I think this summer/winter advice can be way over-analyzed.
    Bingo.

I don't subscribe to the notion what so ever. Just wear what you want when you want.

Don't read too much into this summer/winter scent business. Rule is, if you like it, wear it.

People say I shouldn't use my Ferrari for runs to the supermarket, but its not stopped me.
    What coach Rob says determines what I spray

On summer evenings and possibly with fewer sprays, it could quite likely work on summer evenings. Also, do not personally think of this scent as overly mature- but that does not make it less appropriate for being worn at any age, since it has (in my opinion) some versatility and quite wide appeal in this sense.

Good to know! Thanks for the responses.

It's very clean and can be used year round but will say it shines nicely in summer days or night : btw, I particular don't have any longer as I sold my giftset as my nose evolve from any special affinity to it but you enjoy it as it's a nice smelling juice.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I think La Nuit De L'Homme would be just fine to wear it out during a summer night.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I think La Nuit De L'Homme would be just fine to wear it out during a summer night.
    Totally! Definitely wouldn't rock this is the heat of the sun during a summer day, but summer night time should would great. And like others have said, the "mature" vibe that some claim it has....I don't get that at all, I think you'll be just fine. FWIW-I just got a bottle of Allure Homme Sport myself and have been wearing it like crazy.....it's just so great and versatile, highly recommend picking it up as well!

Basenotes Junkie

Wear what you think smells good. For la nuit i might go easier on the trigger in heat though.

Rick

If its not super hot and humid and you plan on spending the night indoors where its nice and cool then go for it.

Another way to solve this would be to purchase La Nuit Frozen Cologne. Its the warm weather version of La Nuit. Its my brother's signature scent and he swears by it. Very versatile.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    totally! Definitely wouldn't rock this is the heat of the sun during a summer day, but summer night time should would great. And like others have said, the "mature" vibe that some claim it has....i don't get that at all, i think you'll be just fine. Fwiw-i just got a bottle of allure homme sport myself and have been wearing it like crazy.....it's just so great and versatile, highly recommend picking it up as well!
    qft