Code of Conduct

Default i am so worried. please help me... =(

hello sir. i am from philippines and i am glad i found this site..i've been making my own scents perfume just a few days later..and i already have my own mixing.i let it sit for about 3 days and still in the jar for more days so i'll have my desire scent that i want..now my problem sir is, yesterday i tried opening some of the jars, then smell it.the alcohol scent is still there and when i apply it to my neck,oh its like im burning and my skin gets red but vanish after how many minutes.i've been using different perfumes but i didnt have that kind of reaction. i am planning to sell my own blending of perfumes sir.because i had a passion of mixing different oils..i love it a lot.but i just started to make this desire just last week since i dont have my materials before.i am so worried because what if my customer gets burned with my perfumes and get same effect on me?sir please reply.i need your help with this.please.. this are the ingriedients that i used sir. please kindly evaluate it..

one of my blending:

sandal wood- 25 drops
    rose-40 drops
    vanilla- 22 drops
    chamomile-20 drops
    cinnamon-20 drops
    bergamot-27 drops.

vodka- 92.3 ml(1,846 drops)
    water( 2 table spoon)
    this is for 100ml perfume sir

i am making 8.34% dillution sir EDT. am i right? thats the only raw material that i used no other material. please let me know if is there any raw material that i need to add or is there some components that makes my perfume gives that burning feeling? please reply sir i need your help. thank you so much!

sincerely yours,
    Braveheart89

Default Re: i am so worried. please help me... =(

please help me guys..i will heartily appreciate your comments with my post.please..(

Blog Entries

Try contacting Mandy Aftel at www.aftelier.com
    Also Essential Oil University at www.essentialoils.org
    Good luck.
    "Classics aren't classics because they seem old but because they seem always new". Tania Sanchez

si i am from the philippines.. =( thanks for your reply i saw the site

You're likely getting the burning sensation from the cinnamon. Cinnamon oil can cause severe skin reactions at even quite low concentrations. Try reblending without the cinnamon (just leave it out at first, you can always add some back in later) and see if that remedies the burning/redness issue.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

oh thank you..i will try it now.as in now..thanks a lot..

You're welcome. I had that problem early on with cinnamon, too. If you end up needing to reduce the cinnamon, you could try to replace some of its effect with a different oil, such as pimento berry oil (also known as allspice oil). Allspice absolute is also very very nice!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

thank you so much i really appreciate your help.do you also use alcohol as your carrier?i cant find ever clear here in our country philippines no one sells it.grrrr...is the mixing of my ooils and carrier good or ok?i will just need to take out the cinnamon and replace it with some good smelling oil.thank you so much i wanna hug you for the help..thank you soo much!

i wonder.that all spice oil that you give are mostly combination of spicy oils that cause irritations..=(

Allspice does smell kind of like a mix of cinnamon/cardamom/clove/juniper/pepper but it does not have the irritating ingredient that is in cinnamon bark oil - cinnamic aldehyde. Another option you could look into is cinnamon leaf oil, which I believe either does not contain cinnamic aldehyde or has it at much lower levels.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Blog Entries

Hmmm...can't buy Everclear in the Philippines? That is also the case in my state of Washington and also in the two adjoining states of Oregon and Idaho. Apparently the Government is protecting ourselves from ourselves again (without being asked, as usual). I have to drive to Montana, where people are still free to do what the hell they like.
    "Classics aren't classics because they seem old but because they seem always new". Tania Sanchez