Code of Conduct

Default Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

Omg I just got my sample in today and I'm addicted to this scent. it's so sexy, it smells similar to Dolce Gabana the One but even better! More refined and sexy ... I'm going to pick up a bottle for sure now!

Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

I have the entire line in my collection, but I agree, this one stands out.

hows longevity heard it sucked ?

Well I'm wondering about the longevity as well... i heard most get 7hrs out of it ... but i'm gonna test it on my skin and see.

@hednic: i have yet to try them all... what you recommend to try next ? lol

I just purchased this this weekend. I really enjoy it but the longevity isnt amazing. I get about 6 hours but it only projects for the first 3-4 for me anyways however I havent applied more than two sprays..maybe I need one more. I loved it from the first sniff but after a while i really just pick up on Potpourri. thats all i can think of when I smell this a Boozy dried potpourri

This one is a gem. Longevity for me wasn't as bad as some claim it is, though at the same time it wasn't spectacular. Still worth it. My personal Boozy Holy Grail.

Quote Originally Posted by Allures View Post
    Omg I just got my sample in today and I'm addicted to this scent. it's so sexy, it smells similar to Dolce Gabana the One but even better! More refined and sexy ... I'm going to pick up a bottle for sure now!
    Congratulations. Lovely scent. I get no relation to The One though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xqizit View Post
    hows longevity heard it sucked ?
    Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Allures View Post

@hednic: i have yet to try them all... what you recommend to try next ? lol
    I would suggest Caravelle Epices.

for swap/sale:

Caravelle Epices, Passion Boisee (if you're into tangerine, though I'm not really) and 1697 are good (though I haven't tried the 1697 from the new 100ml bottle yet). Try any of those out.

L'Humaniste gets a fair amount of praise around these parts too, but I didn't really find it much to my liking until FAR into the development. I'll probably have to revisit it during hotter weather. Still worthy of a try though.
    Last edited by Partario; 18th October 2011 at 07:38 AM.

must try L'Humaniste and Passion Boisee. longevity for both those 2 are excellent, not so much (on me) for 1270, which is why I sadly decided to sell my bottle. great scent though, glad you love it!

Smells like candy. Yum. Seems more like a warm weather / outdoor scent to me.

Ordered a sample of this stuff and wore it out to the bar last night. Temperature was about 65 degrees. At first this smelled really cognac-y but after a few it got really sweet. Two of the girls I was with loved the way it smelled, but another girl said it was too sweet for her liking, she did say it smelled good. Longevity was good, I would say 7-8 hours. I did wake up and smell it on my chest lightly the next day.

Sound Scents

I am a fan of 1270 too. One of the few gourmands that I really love. Enjoy!
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

If you like 1270...I find that by kilians Straight to heaven kinda reminds me of it but last way longer...that stuff last all day long on me. Try a sample because they aren't identicle scents but they are in the same Genre.

Quote Originally Posted by turbocharg3dazn View Post
    Ordered a sample of this stuff and wore it out to the bar last night. Temperature was about 65 degrees. At first this smelled really cognac-y but after a few it got really sweet. Two of the girls I was with loved the way it smelled, but another girl said it was too sweet for her liking, she did say it smelled good. Longevity was good, I would say 7-8 hours. I did wake up and smell it on my chest lightly the next day.
    To me it's a "bar on the beach during summer" kind of fragrance. Kickin it with margarita's at some seaside bar/club/lounge.

Caravelle Epicee is my Frapin favorite, but I have 1270 on my wish list!

Probably the sweetest scent I wear regularly. Quite classy and refined. I love it.

I love the booziness of 1270, it's throughly enjoyable.
    - Expect the unexpected

Alright, for the sake of testing the longevity, I put on four sprays today around 12:15 PM in warm yet not hot weather. I was able to perceive the scent without smelling any point of application until a little after 9 PM, so that's almost nine hours of perceivable longevity. At around 10 hours is more or less vanished, but honestly, 9 hours isn't anything to turn your nose up, so if you're worried about longevity, from my experience I don't find it all that shoddy.

In a slightly related note though, do any owners of the most recent bottles find the sprayers to rather suck? The cloud (if you can call it that) is rather short, and my pump seemingly seems to leak a tiny amount when I spray it. Just curious.

I hear a lot of people are having trouble with the sprayer. I for one have not experienced this. I suppose I have a heavy trigger finger

I also love 1270, one of the better boozy gourmand scents out there. I've also tried all the frapins and find 1270,L'Humaniste , and 1697.

1697 is out of the bat a shit storm of scents. I don't know what it is but it just overloads my senses. Then after an hour it starts developing to something really warm wonderful smell.

L'Humaniste to me really smells to me very similar to Channel's Allure Homme Sport and Edition Blanche. But just much more refined and refreshing. I don't get the Gin at all, but overall very pleasing for a summer scent.
    "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

Yeah, 1697 is a rather dense scent, but it dries down well. I'm still on the fence on whether or not I like it enough for a FB, but will probably decide once I get to smell the stuff out of the 100ml bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Yeah, 1697 is a rather dense scent, but it dries down well. I'm still on the fence on whether or not I like it enough for a FB, but will probably decide once I get to smell the stuff out of the 100ml bottle.

Personally, I do enjoy the smell after it has calmed down a bit but I would really only wear this in the Winter where temperature is well below in 50's or less
    "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

If it had better longevity, I'd own a bottle it. I'd really like to track down a vintage bottle of the stuff, though.

Good stuff. Lasts fine on me. Reminds me of a little more refined version of Pure Malt...although, I may actually like Pure Malt more...not sure.

1270 got enough praise, I want to break the case for l'Humaniste here.

Amazingly good fizzy gin frag. Cardamon, pepper and Juniper are giving it great herbal twist.
    Smellin good

I ended up selling my bottle after going on and on and on and on about how good it was, especially vs. Pure Malt (both the same-ish price here). The reason I sold it was down to the 4hr longevity. It's just not good enough unfortunately.

1270 is no doubt a beautiful sweet and boozy creation and is still up there in my favourite scents, I'll never own a bottle due to longevity, though.

I just put this one on my wish list.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Haha just got 1270 and while I love the scent, the sprayer does SUCK! Leaks onto my fingers when I spray.

Still really enjoy the scent and glad I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Alright, for the sake of testing the longevity, I put on four sprays today around 12:15 PM in warm yet not hot weather. I was able to perceive the scent without smelling any point of application until a little after 9 PM, so that's almost nine hours of perceivable longevity. At around 10 hours is more or less vanished, but honestly, 9 hours isn't anything to turn your nose up, so if you're worried about longevity, from my experience I don't find it all that shoddy.

In a slightly related note though, do any owners of the most recent bottles find the sprayers to rather suck? The cloud (if you can call it that) is rather short, and my pump seemingly seems to leak a tiny amount when I spray it. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Haha just got 1270 and while I love the scent, the sprayer does SUCK! Leaks onto my fingers when I spray.

Still really enjoy the scent and glad I bought it.
    Just out of curiosity, where did you get your bottle from?

Does anyone else prefer this to "Pure Malt"? Which is more "wearable" I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Baller View Post
    As far as purely scent goes, I'll take 1270 over Pure Malt any day. Best in it's category IMO.
    Projection and longevity favor Pure Malt.
    Both sprayers suck in roughly equal proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Baller View Post
    If by wearable you mean the immediate uncontrollable urge to vomit. Then no its not more wearable. I cannot stand the A*Men series unfortunately . Plus the Frapin is in a whole other level in terms of complexity and quality.

for swap/sale:

I bought the 1270 through Luckyscent. Great scent, nice looking elegant bottle, bad sprayer. Still worth the purchase for sure.

In my opinion, I didn't even waste time on 1270 vs Pure Malt prior to purchase. 1270 is easily available online from reliable vendors (i.e. not just eBay). Pure Malt is not.

i don't get it. why is the sprayer bad? i get a very nice fine mist with all my Frapin bottles, one purchased direct from Italy and one from UK.

The mist itself is actually good IMO but for some reason some of the juice also leaks on the top of the bottle and also onto my spraying finger. This doesn't happen with the sprayers I have.

Oh I see...thanks goodness I don't have any problems of that sort with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Livingdead View Post
    i don't get it. why is the sprayer bad? i get a very nice fine mist with all my Frapin bottles, one purchased direct from Italy and one from UK.
    I also got mine from Italy, and the sprayer on mine is similar to Cameron's. It's my only complaint with the bottle though.

I have Caravelle Epices and have tried all the others numerous times. Never seen faulty sprayers.

for swap/sale:

Is Frapin available in any of the major US stores such as Saks or Barneys?

I bought the Frapin online through Luckyscent and while I can get samples from them or perfumed court (I think), it would be nice to go to a store and smell all these other ones.

Sounds good, getting enticed to at least smell 1270. Can someone describe what it smells like please? Also, would one only wear this as a night time scent (dressy clothes, cold weather)?

Some say butterscotch type smell, some say cognac. It is on the sweet side for sure.
    I would say more a night time scent. Cold weather better than warm. But I'm moving toward that wear whatever you want when you want. I don't think this would be bad during day though and it's not an offensive scent by any means as far as being rough or musky. Some might find it cloying I suppose - which is why I recommend sampling first. When I first got a sample I thought it was too sweet, then it grew on me and I ended up getting the bottle. I think it can be worn with casual or dressy clothes.

AromiErotici

1270 is an excellent scent. Slightly gourmand and boozy with a great drydown. Sillage and Longevity are right where they should be. Definitely FB worthy for me.

I got this too, a couple of weeks ago. Love at first sniff!! I get the D&G One from it too, on the initial spray, but then that goes into a lovely, sweet & boozy warmth (far, far, far better than D&G One - and it lasts longer than D&G One's 5mins!! I get a good 6-7hrs at least). Does anyone else pick up a bit of pineapple in there?

The mist itself is actually good IMO but for some reason some of the juice also leaks on the top of the bottle and also onto my spraying finger. This doesn't happen with the sprayers I have.
    I do get this too though, but can never understand why it's on top and not down from the sprayer? Though thinking about it now, the fine mist is quite a wide mist, so maybe it just catches your finger or something. It is only a small amount anyway, so it doesn't bother me much... 1270 is the only Frapin I've tried so far, but I'm keen to try the rest now. I think 1697 will be the next...
    LOST! in scent and music

Quote Originally Posted by LOST! View Post
    I think 1697 will be the next...
    This one's a good one, but it's a really claustrophobic scent. I still like it enough to buy it, but I've been waiting to see what peoples opinion on the new EDP concentration in the 100ml bottle is compared to the 50ml limited Absolu (which I made a thread about). No responses yet unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by LOST! View Post
    Does anyone else pick up a bit of pineapple in there?
    Yes, I got pineapple in the opening too.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted