Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 45
  1. #1

    Default Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    Omg I just got my sample in today and I'm addicted to this scent. it's so sexy, it smells similar to Dolce Gabana the One but even better! More refined and sexy ... I'm going to pick up a bottle for sure now!

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    109,409

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    I have the entire line in my collection, but I agree, this one stands out.

  3. #3
    Basenotes Junkie Xqizit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    566

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    hows longevity heard it sucked ?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    Well I'm wondering about the longevity as well... i heard most get 7hrs out of it ... but i'm gonna test it on my skin and see.

    @hednic: i have yet to try them all... what you recommend to try next ? lol

  5. #5
    Super Member DocHolliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    256

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    I just purchased this this weekend. I really enjoy it but the longevity isnt amazing. I get about 6 hours but it only projects for the first 3-4 for me anyways however I havent applied more than two sprays..maybe I need one more. I loved it from the first sniff but after a while i really just pick up on Potpourri. thats all i can think of when I smell this a Boozy dried potpourri

  6. #6
    Dependent Partario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,687

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    This one is a gem. Longevity for me wasn't as bad as some claim it is, though at the same time it wasn't spectacular. Still worth it. My personal Boozy Holy Grail.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    Quote Originally Posted by Allures View Post
    Omg I just got my sample in today and I'm addicted to this scent. it's so sexy, it smells similar to Dolce Gabana the One but even better! More refined and sexy ... I'm going to pick up a bottle for sure now!
    Congratulations. Lovely scent. I get no relation to The One though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xqizit View Post
    hows longevity heard it sucked ?
    Not at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Allures View Post

    @hednic: i have yet to try them all... what you recommend to try next ? lol
    I would suggest Caravelle Epices.
    for swap/sale:



  8. #8
    Dependent Partario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,687

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    Caravelle Epices, Passion Boisee (if you're into tangerine, though I'm not really) and 1697 are good (though I haven't tried the 1697 from the new 100ml bottle yet). Try any of those out.

    L'Humaniste gets a fair amount of praise around these parts too, but I didn't really find it much to my liking until FAR into the development. I'll probably have to revisit it during hotter weather. Still worthy of a try though.
    Last edited by Partario; 18th October 2011 at 07:38 AM.

  9. #9
    Basenotes Junkie Livingdead's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Preston
    Posts
    893

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    must try L'Humaniste and Passion Boisee. longevity for both those 2 are excellent, not so much (on me) for 1270, which is why I sadly decided to sell my bottle. great scent though, glad you love it!

  10. #10
    fsface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    Smells like candy. Yum. Seems more like a warm weather / outdoor scent to me.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    Ordered a sample of this stuff and wore it out to the bar last night. Temperature was about 65 degrees. At first this smelled really cognac-y but after a few it got really sweet. Two of the girls I was with loved the way it smelled, but another girl said it was too sweet for her liking, she did say it smelled good. Longevity was good, I would say 7-8 hours. I did wake up and smell it on my chest lightly the next day.

  12. #12
    Sound Scents
    drseid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Northern VA/DC Area
    Posts
    7,705

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    I am a fan of 1270 too. One of the few gourmands that I really love. Enjoy!
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

    6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

  13. #13

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    If you like 1270...I find that by kilians Straight to heaven kinda reminds me of it but last way longer...that stuff last all day long on me. Try a sample because they aren't identicle scents but they are in the same Genre.

  14. #14
    fsface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    Quote Originally Posted by turbocharg3dazn View Post
    Ordered a sample of this stuff and wore it out to the bar last night. Temperature was about 65 degrees. At first this smelled really cognac-y but after a few it got really sweet. Two of the girls I was with loved the way it smelled, but another girl said it was too sweet for her liking, she did say it smelled good. Longevity was good, I would say 7-8 hours. I did wake up and smell it on my chest lightly the next day.
    To me it's a "bar on the beach during summer" kind of fragrance. Kickin it with margarita's at some seaside bar/club/lounge.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    Caravelle Epicee is my Frapin favorite, but I have 1270 on my wish list!

  16. #16
    Basenotes Plus
    scentsitivity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,836
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    Probably the sweetest scent I wear regularly. Quite classy and refined. I love it.
    Currently wearing: Augusto by Mazzolari

  17. #17

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    I love the booziness of 1270, it's throughly enjoyable.
    - Expect the unexpected

  18. #18
    Dependent Partario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,687

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    Alright, for the sake of testing the longevity, I put on four sprays today around 12:15 PM in warm yet not hot weather. I was able to perceive the scent without smelling any point of application until a little after 9 PM, so that's almost nine hours of perceivable longevity. At around 10 hours is more or less vanished, but honestly, 9 hours isn't anything to turn your nose up, so if you're worried about longevity, from my experience I don't find it all that shoddy.

    In a slightly related note though, do any owners of the most recent bottles find the sprayers to rather suck? The cloud (if you can call it that) is rather short, and my pump seemingly seems to leak a tiny amount when I spray it. Just curious.

  19. #19
    Super Member DocHolliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    256

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    I hear a lot of people are having trouble with the sprayer. I for one have not experienced this. I suppose I have a heavy trigger finger

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    I also love 1270, one of the better boozy gourmand scents out there. I've also tried all the frapins and find 1270,L'Humaniste , and 1697.

    1697 is out of the bat a shit storm of scents. I don't know what it is but it just overloads my senses. Then after an hour it starts developing to something really warm wonderful smell.

    L'Humaniste to me really smells to me very similar to Channel's Allure Homme Sport and Edition Blanche. But just much more refined and refreshing. I don't get the Gin at all, but overall very pleasing for a summer scent.
    "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

  21. #21
    Dependent Partario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,687

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    Yeah, 1697 is a rather dense scent, but it dries down well. I'm still on the fence on whether or not I like it enough for a FB, but will probably decide once I get to smell the stuff out of the 100ml bottle.

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Yeah, 1697 is a rather dense scent, but it dries down well. I'm still on the fence on whether or not I like it enough for a FB, but will probably decide once I get to smell the stuff out of the 100ml bottle.

    Personally, I do enjoy the smell after it has calmed down a bit but I would really only wear this in the Winter where temperature is well below in 50's or less
    "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

  23. #23

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    If it had better longevity, I'd own a bottle it. I'd really like to track down a vintage bottle of the stuff, though.

  24. #24
    taint it sweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North of Chicago
    Posts
    2,019

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    Good stuff. Lasts fine on me. Reminds me of a little more refined version of Pure Malt...although, I may actually like Pure Malt more...not sure.
    Currently wearing: Tam Dao by Diptyque

  25. #25
    timaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    2,482
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    1270 got enough praise, I want to break the case for l'Humaniste here.

    Amazingly good fizzy gin frag. Cardamon, pepper and Juniper are giving it great herbal twist.
    Smellin good

  26. #26

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    I ended up selling my bottle after going on and on and on and on about how good it was, especially vs. Pure Malt (both the same-ish price here). The reason I sold it was down to the 4hr longevity. It's just not good enough unfortunately.

    1270 is no doubt a beautiful sweet and boozy creation and is still up there in my favourite scents, I'll never own a bottle due to longevity, though.

  27. #27
    Basenotes Junkie tiberije's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    638

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    I just put this one on my wish list.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    Haha just got 1270 and while I love the scent, the sprayer does SUCK! Leaks onto my fingers when I spray.

    Still really enjoy the scent and glad I bought it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Alright, for the sake of testing the longevity, I put on four sprays today around 12:15 PM in warm yet not hot weather. I was able to perceive the scent without smelling any point of application until a little after 9 PM, so that's almost nine hours of perceivable longevity. At around 10 hours is more or less vanished, but honestly, 9 hours isn't anything to turn your nose up, so if you're worried about longevity, from my experience I don't find it all that shoddy.

    In a slightly related note though, do any owners of the most recent bottles find the sprayers to rather suck? The cloud (if you can call it that) is rather short, and my pump seemingly seems to leak a tiny amount when I spray it. Just curious.

  29. #29
    Dependent Partario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,687

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Haha just got 1270 and while I love the scent, the sprayer does SUCK! Leaks onto my fingers when I spray.

    Still really enjoy the scent and glad I bought it.
    Just out of curiosity, where did you get your bottle from?

  30. #30

    Default Re: Frapin 1270 ... Amazing!

    Does anyone else prefer this to "Pure Malt"? Which is more "wearable" I guess?

Similar Threads

  1. What do you think of Frapin 1270?
    By scentsitivity in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 26th January 2014, 05:01 AM
  2. Is Frapin 1270 available in the UK?
    By kshepherd in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22nd June 2006, 07:09 PM
  3. Frapin 1270
    By IPaidForThisName in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16th June 2005, 11:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000