Code of Conduct

Thread: Witness.

Blog Entries

Question Witness.

Ladies and Gentlemen: What think you of Witness by Bogart? I am a bit of a cinnamon addict and understand that this fragance has significant cinnamonosity. Many of you know my general preferances in fragrances and of course my wardrobe is avaialble online. I await your replies with great anticipation.

Default Re: Witness.

Yes, Tesla, there certainly is alot of cinnamoniness ( can that be a word ? ) in Bogart's Witness. Its not bad. I do remember being somewhat repelled when I first sampled it. It certainly seems like it was made in the early 1990s ( to me at least). Which basically means ( to me) that it feels somewhat dated in a way, although still wearable today.

Longevity and projection are quite good here. I feel as though the fragrance itself is a bit on the linear side. Not sure if you will dig this one. Its discontinued to my knowledge, but bottles seem to be well priced ( under $40).

Actually, if I were to recommend you a fragrance with cinnamon in it, I would say Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant. Although with L'Elephant, the cinnamon seems to subside, whereas with Witness it feels like it sticks around for a while.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Although it is all up to your personal preferences, i find that Witness presents cinnamon rather beautifully. The cinnamon in Witness is milder than that presented in Aramis' JHL, and it really sings in accord with the lovely background harmony of musk, benzoin and amber. Witness has very good longevity and, being an officially-certified powerhouse, a little goes a long long way.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Witness is the best cinnamon fragrance I've tried. I don't find it to be dated at all. It's one of the few scents I've got a backup bottle of.

Witness is an excellent fragrance. We've been discussing it a bit over in the Powerhouse Fragrance Users forum. You may find the discussion there to be of interest ------> http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?d...scussionid=445 .

Sur la Plage

Witness is an excellent cinnamon choice!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Another winner from Bogart .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

For a tropical country like where I'm at, Witness can already be a strong frag, so I use it sparingly. That being said, this may be the only cinnamon frag I like it's strong, spicy, cinnamon-y (huh?) and stays on long pretty well. I'm a habitual re-applyer (huh?) since I smoke, but with Witness, I can get by with 2-3 sprays in the morning and another spray at around noon. It certainly stands out, especially if everybody else wears the same Polo, Calvin or Hugo concoction. There's a good chance no one in oyur immediate circle even owns / knows about it

I have Witness and have always loved it for its cinnamon kick.

The lavender/cinnamon is very strong at first, and the drydown is much more subtle, so I can imagine some getting an olfactory fatigue problem with it, but it does smell natural and it's pleasant (if you like the notes, obviously).

Basenotes Institution

First of all, I love the word 'cinnaomosity' N_Tesla and I have decided I am going to use it in more sentences in the future!

I, too, am a fan of cinnamon prominent scents and if you haven't already, read my thread from 2008 here: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/206...s-2008-edition

I like Witness. But I do not love it.

That top note, how it's full of medicinal lavender and aldehydes, is searingly sharp. The aldehydes sort of pierce my nose a bit and this will either delight you (like a typical 'powerhouse' fragrance) or repel you. For me, the first time I smelled it I recoiled from it and thought to myself, 'Oh no a scrubber!' but after a while it sort of relaxes itself on your skin and then starts to smell much more oriental and resinous. It's extremely tenacious...the drydown can be clearly smelled more than 10-12 hours later and IMO this is the best part of the scent. A very sexy amber-oriented, cinnamon woodiness. Sort of like vintage Obsession for Men by Calvin Klein with perhaps less of that cola effect that I get from OfM.

I find that from all of my cinnamon prominent scents I own, Witness seems to be the one I wear more to my office. Not sure why...maybe because it's sort of a non-comforting scent whereas my other cinnamon choices seem a bit more casual and sitting-on-my-couch-in-my-pajamas.

It's definitely very affordable, every time I see it, so it's not a risky blind buy but as I said before, I find much more love from my other cinnamon prominent fragrances: White by Comme des Garcons; L'Eau by Diptyque; Baie de Genievre by Creed.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 27th April 2010 at 02:19 AM.

Witness is an unsung hero of a scent that deserves more attention than it gets. It's heavy, rich and elegant, with a kind of leathery feel to it, even though leather is not listed as a note in it. It gets its spiciness mainly from the cinnamon and patchouli. It's got some nice Power to it, nice and strong and long lasting.

Not only cinnamon, but balsam fir is prominent too. Perfect on a cold day.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

A Cinnamon Powerhouse. Be careful not to drink it

I have wanted to sample this for a while but am not comfortable buying fragrances from this year blind. Nobody online offers samples or minis, but 1.7 oz bottles sell for $15. That is pretty weird. Still too much for an Eternity or Cool Water clone, though. Fragrantica lists it in the 'woody' category so I am guessing it is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmo View Post
    I have wanted to sample this for a while but am not comfortable buying fragrances from this year blind. Nobody online offers samples or minis, but 1.7 oz bottles sell for $15. That is pretty weird. Still too much for an Eternity or Cool Water clone, though. Fragrantica lists it in the 'woody' category so I am guessing it is different.
    Witness smells nothing like Eternity or Cool Water whatsoever, so need to worry. It's not a wimpy smelling scent at all. Witness isn't a clone of anything. Its a Powerhouse scent and an excellent one at that.

Witness may sell for only $15, but it smells like it costs $150.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    ....Witness may sell for only $15, but it smells like it costs $150.
    That's right.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I agree

Just ordered this, can't wait to try it for my self!

Pretty good stuff, that costs 5x lower than it deserves.

Not a powerhouse on me, moderate longevity and sillage, but rich, manly and complex smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenster View Post
    Just ordered this, can't wait to try it for my self!
    i am afraid you may be dissapointed... within time most likely it will go at the bottom.... better try JHL

Quote Originally Posted by mspa View Post
    i am afraid you may be dissapointed... within time most likely it will go at the bottom.... better try JHL
    JHL? anyway, for around 8 dollars shipped I won't be too upset if it sucks.