Code of Conduct

Default Creed Feuille Verte 2011

I received a sample of Creed Feuille Verte 2011 recently. This scent exudes quality and is in the same league as Windsor, Vintage Tabarome, Cyres-Musc and Angelique Encens, IMO. I love the herbal greeness of it and the retro fragrance vibe. I pick up citrus/lime, jasmine and a feint rose but really can't identify anything else. From what I hear there will be 250 flacons available in early November. I'd be interested in hearing how this edition compares to the 2006 release. I am not affiliated with Creed but I am a fan of many of their fragrances. Feuille Verte will get extra days in my rotation as soon as it arrives.

Martin

Default Re: Creed Feuille Verte 2011

Thanks for the report. I am definitely interested in this one.

Have the first release of this. If the re-release is anything like the first release, it's definitely a winner IMO.

Basenotes Institution

I have tiny bit left of the original FV, I am very interested in smelling the new one.

For the life of me I can't figure out why Creed is releasing this in November, when IMO this scent screams Spring, but...whatever.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Is it gonna be available only in Flacon or in regular 4oz size as well.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Only in flacon. I tried this a long time ago and really liked it. I'm glad to hear the new one is great too. I have a flacon on reserve.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Busting to get my nostrils over this one when it's rereleased in Nov. Missed it first time around. Any idea what the price will be?
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    Busting to get my nostrils over this one when it's rereleased in Nov. Missed it first time around. Any idea what the price will be?
    I heard $640.00usd but I'm not certain. I have a feeling this release of FV will sell out in a few months. I'd love to sample the 2006 release to compare. On the first wearing this evening I noticed that the scent faded in about 3 hours to a powdery skin scent. It will be interesting to hear the experience of others. My one gripe about many contemporary fine fragrances is they don't seem to last.

Martin

I've been told its over $600 per flacon too, I've had quite alot of people interested in the upcoming splits for this one and I'm quite eager to try it myself as I also missed out on the 2006 release.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    I heard $640.00usd. I noticed that the scent faded in about 3 hours
    What's that you say? A modern day Creed scent that's grossly overpriced and doesn't last? Well I never...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    I heard $640.00usd but I'm not certain. I have a feeling this release of FV will sell out in a few months. I'd love to sample the 2006 release to compare. On the first wearing this evening I noticed that the scent faded in about 3 hours to a powdery skin scent. It will be interesting to hear the experience of others. My one gripe about many contemporary fine fragrances is they don't seem to last.

Martin
    So, you'd say it's more of a floral scent?
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post
    So, you'd say it's more of a floral scent?
    I don't think of or experience FV that way.

Martin

I do remember that FV faded away very very fast to. I only got maybe 2-3 hours out of it. Its a beautiful scent but I wish it lasted longer.

It is floral in the heart, but remains very masculine. The jasmine is merely a counter to the greenery, so it never gets too floral. I recall earlier talk of this possibly leaning feminine. I am wearing a sample of the 2011 batch today and to me, it's clearly a masculine scent.

Blog Entries

Sounds great - I want to try this FOR SURE.

I will be interested to see how the 2006 and 2011 versions compare.

Somehow a flacon seems impractical (for me). I love it, but has taken me 3 years to go through 25 mls of 2006 edition. The jasmine is definitely present and pronounced in the 2006 version. I don't see it as feminine though.

Actually, I think a woman could wear this as well, but hopefully they aren't reading this thread.

I still don't know what to expect from this scent. I've heard some of the most great things about this... but as of late I've been somewhat underwhelmed by some of the past Creed offerings that seem to get a lot of love around here.

That's not a swipe about your personal tastes... but can anybody explain this scent in terms around whether or not this is a retro type of scent or a more modern composition, or something like Windsor - okay, I admit, I bought into the hype of Windsor and then actually liked it, so not all is lost on my amateur nostrils - but just so curious about this.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNY View Post
    It is floral in the heart, but remains very masculine. The jasmine is merely a counter to the greenery, so it never gets too floral. I recall earlier talk of this possibly leaning feminine. I am wearing a sample of the 2011 batch today and to me, it's clearly a masculine scent.
    I have the 2006 version pegged as an "old school femme mossy-floral of unreal quality", I am really exited to smell the new batch. If it's more masculine in the drydown, and fresher/more citrusy up top, that'd be very very welcome.

I've never smelled the original batch, but the sample I have of the relaunch opens very vegetal - did you ever get a glass of freshly-juiced wheat grass? That's what I'm getting in the very opening. Then the jasmine comes through and it becomes a perfume, no longer just photo-realistic greenery. At this point, it becomes unfathomably beautiful.

I have one on koch when they arrive, but have never smelled the original and haven't sampled the new, but still unfathomably interested in trying this one.
    Last edited by PEARL; 23rd October 2011 at 06:03 PM.

UPDATE: I had a chance to sample Fueille Verte 2011, what I get is a lemony lime citrus accord with a hint of Bulgarian rose. It is bright green, clean, and soapy. In the dry down it becomes a powdery rose skin scent. Longevity was about 2hrs, with absolute minimal sillage, I used about .75ml. IMO, it may use quality ingredients, but it is not in the same league as Vintage Tabarome, Windsor or Cypres Musc. In fact, if you are looking for a green, clean, versatile scent from Creed, you will be better served by GIT, OV or Vetiver 48, all of which I consider to be much better than FV in longevity, sillage, and presentation. YMMV.

The only way to get this one would be to sell my kidney
    I wish they sell smaller bottles of some scents: Windsor, Original Cologne, white Flowers, Feuille Verte...
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Quote Originally Posted by PEARL View Post
    UPDATE: I had a chance to sample Fueille Verte 2011, what I get is a lemony lime citrus accord with a hint of Bulgarian rose. It is bright green, clean, and soapy. In the dry down it becomes a powdery rose skin scent. Longevity was about 2hrs, with absolute minimal sillage, I used about .75ml. IMO, it may use quality ingredients, but it is not in the same league as Vintage Tabarome, Windsor or Cypres Musc. In fact, if you are looking for a green, clean, versatile scent from Creed, you will be better served by GIT, OV or Vetiver 48, all of which I consider to be much better than FV in longevity, sillage, and presentation. YMMV.
    Thanks for the mini-review. In terms of quality/natural ingredients, is FV more genuine than the other ones mentioned by you?

I've worn FV a couple of times now and I still think that in terms of overall scent type and smell, that GIT will give FV a run. In terms of MY perception of synthetics vs natural ingredients, IMO FV is of superior quality.

I've worn FV a couple of times now and I still think that in terms of overall scent type and smell, that GIT will give FV a run. In terms of MY perception of synthetics vs natural ingredients, IMO FV is of superior quality.
    Thank you for the response. I'll go further and ask others as well, not only you, a scent such as FV, which I hope to sample soon, what could it use except for a couple of good citrus essential oils ($3-15 a bottle) and perhaps a small quantity of rose and jasmine absolutes?

I am trying to get at the reason of how they can reach such prices without blushing and is it at all worth it? Are there perhaps some "secret ingredients" that have to be used in order to put together such a fragrance or is what I mentioned all there is to it?

Oh, and before I forget, how does this compare to Selection Verte and Green Valley (I prefer the former)? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRightOne View Post

I am trying to get at the reason of how they can reach such prices without blushing and is it at all worth it? Are there perhaps some "secret ingredients" that have to be used in order to put together such a fragrance or is what I mentioned all there is to it?
    The answer, my dear, is really a simple one, because they can. There was a part in the movie "The Other Guys", where Will Ferrell's character said he was putting on his big boy pants. Creed and other high end niche houses, make fragrances for those that have put on their big boy pants. Whether their worth it is irrelevant.

The answer, my dear, is really a simple one, because they can. There was a part in the movie "The Other Guys", where Will Ferrell's character said he was putting on his big boy pants. Creed and other high end niche houses, make fragrances for those that have put on their big boy pants. Whether their worth it is irrelevant.
    I see. I thought there actually was a rational explanation . . . (-;

Through a kind BNer, I was able to get a small sample of 2006 Feuille Verte to compare to the 2011 release. In my sampling of them this evening, I would describe the 2006 version as having more luscious depth/ presence on the skin. I do like the smell of the 2011 release of FV and it is in the same ballpark but more fleeting and thin by comparison. I'm thinking the difference is not in the quality of the ingredients at all. The difference is that the 2006 version has considerably more oakmoss in it. Since sometime in 2009, IFRA regulations reduced the amount of allowable oakmoss to a miniscule level. Creed could have chosen to not release FV in a degraded form but I'm glad they did (and I think this is exactly what will keep them from re-releasing Vintage Tabarome again). All in all, I'll be happy to have the 2011 version of FV even if it means reapplying more frequently than I'd like.

Martin

I keep asking me this in cases like this: if its really only some oakmoss missing, wouldn't it be possible to add some oakmoss ourselves? I mean you can still buy Oakmoss absolute.

wish people would stop reviving old threads and keep it to this one.

these are my thoughts after taking delivery this morning. Though I've been using a sample for the past three weeks. (I also had a 10ml decant of the 2006 release that I got back in 2008. I finished that last year)

In my opinion, it's the same fragrance. If i was forced to find a discrepancy, I'd say the oakmoss is toned down a bit, but that is due to new IRFA regulations. So what was an ephemeral fragrance in 2006 is a tad more ephemeral. Every other note hits as well if not better.

I am honestly in awe that such an old-school fragrance can still be made. For every Creed fan that has been complaining about the new, modern approach they are taking with their new fragrances (Aventus, Original Cologne, etc)... this re-release of Feuille Vertes should be your savior golden child. This hits the same spot as Vintage Tabarome, Cypres Musc, and Angelique Encens.

smelling Feuille Vertes transports me back in time to a simpler America... post WWII... when men combined the hard-working spirit of America with a new sense of style and sophistication they learned in their travails thru Europe. This is Jon Hamm in Mad Men. This is Leonardo DiCaprio in Revolutionary Road.

Very masculine. Extremely high quality, yet not confused or overbearing. No, this fragrance knows itself very well, and is unapologetic. Metrosexuals, college frat-boys looking to get attention, and those who need to be able to identify 15 different notes in a fragrance for it to be considered good, don't even bother.

This is a fragrance for grown men, who appreciate real perfumery, who know themselves and exude a quiet confidence, and who have a preference for vintage-style fragrances.

All others need not apply.

- Nick

Quote Originally Posted by tiberije View Post
    the only way to get this one would be to sell my kidney
    lol!

So I finally got this yesterday and wore it for the first time today. I'm a big fan of Vintage Tab, Angelique Encens, Cypres Musc, and Aubepine Acacia. This one fits right in. It is very fresh and green. The jasmine doesn't stand out as overly floral. Very well made and smells like really high quality.This is a masculine or unisex scent. Very well done. The longevity was about 6 hours on me and the sillage not the best but I only used 2 sprays and I actually like having something that is not a powerhouse to wear to work. I can't compare this to the original version but this one is definitely a winner for me.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Recently received a sample of the 2011 version. I am very close to springing for a flacon. Love it. Fleeting, yes, but the high quality, old school vibe is incredibly seductive. Not sure if I would be satisfied with just samples and decants. I'm thinking a full bottle is the only way to enjoy it properly. As noted elsewhere in this thread, fairly frequent reapplication may be necessary. Happily necessary, IMO.

I really don't know what's up with this fragrance, the sample that I received left much to be desired in terms of longevity, althought the quality seemed good. I decided to get a flacon anyway and just reapply as needed, but actually I won't need to. The juice from the flacon is strong, lasted 6-7hrs on me, I don't remember who said it, but FV really is a green Vintage Tabarome, if I wasn't on the hunt for another one of my Creed faves, I'd get another flacon.

Glad to hear others have received their Feuilles Vertes. Got my FV yesterday and wore it to work today. The longevity is acceptable, although it plays closer to the skin after about 2 hours on me. I refreshed at mid day and can still catch whiffs of it almost 7 hours later. I wear FV liberally, a few sprays under my undershirt and 7-8 around the chest and neck area after I'm dressed. No second thoughts on owning this one and I should be able to enjoy it for quite a long time. I love the Creed hunter green atomizer too. The Creed atomizers break the spray into a finer mist and the spray burst is of a shorter duration that the Creed spray bottle atomizers.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I have the 2006 version pegged as an "old school femme mossy-floral of unreal quality", I am really exited to smell the new batch. If it's more masculine in the drydown, and fresher/more citrusy up top, that'd be very very welcome.
    The newer version actually is pretty close to the 2006. A bit more green than the 2006, and less brown (less oakmoss), but the leafiness, the attitude, all very very close. I was never a fan of Feuille Verte in the first place, but especially not with less moss, less natural florals, and much more "soapiness".

The dry Egyptian jasmine had a real rich low end in the 2006 batch. This Jasmine is "soapier" and less rich. The moss made it a bit less femme up top in the 06 version also. It's still an excellent green floral. Still evokes the same image of an older woman wearing a big floral scent while gardening outside during spring with deciduous trees overhead.

I prefer Sisley's Eau De Campagne for this type of vibe, like Feuille Verte done less femme and more citrusy.