Code of Conduct

Default Do you wear any fragrances you swore you would never wear?

LOL, so I was looking through my wardrobe (on here).. sadly I have so many fragrances now, I have to look at the list, because I can't remember what I have off the top of my head. So anyhoo.. some of my top rated frags, are the ones I used to despise. Like Azzaro pH, Drakkar Noir, Nicole Miller.. it's crazy. And then my small wish list.. consists of fragrances I never thought I would love say 5-10 years ago. Like Esencia Loewe, Polo original, Chaps, and Havana.

So weird, how one's appreciation for some of the classics can change. The stuff my dad wore, that used to make me sick. Maybe because I am getting older? Or maybe my nose is just sick of the boring mainstream aquatics, and desires something more challenging? Whatever the case, I am glad it turned out this way, I get the best of both worlds now

Default Re: Do you wear any fragrances you swore you would never wear?

Sort of, I was certain, I would never like gourmands, but there are quite few in my wardrobe, I'm planning to buy more and so far, I have enjoyed this discovery: that I actually LIKE gourmands

No.

Basenotes Plus

Chanel No.5

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Chanel No.5
    Oh ya, that's a tough one for me to wear lol. I think it is beautiful though.

The one that really strikes out from my list is Bleu de Chanel and One Million. Once I got over the initial stigma I had thanks to Bnotes lol, I was able to actually really enjoy and appreciate both.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

I always hated the A*Men star flask. In fact, I refused to smell the stuff, because I absolutely hated that damn bottle. Truth be told, I still don't like the star flasks all that much, but I love the juice inside of em. I have 4, soon to be 5 different ones in my collection about a year later...

There is only one fragrance that I swore to the GODS that I would never wear and that fragrance is A*Men by Mugler. It is a sacred oath and even if planet Earth was in mortal peril and all of existence was on the line. I would never ever wear that foul vile stench ever.lol...... I hate it.....I really do..... let the world burn for I will never wear A*men ever.lol

Dependent

This is more general of course, but growing up I swore I would never wear female fragrances. Even if the frag touched on the 'unisex' boundary I was a little wary of even buying it. But how the times have changed, and I'd say a good chunk of my collection is categorized as such and I love it.

I always thought I would never wear musc ravageur again and now I have a bottle, lol months after I took it for the first test drive I wore it again and felt the same but then a little while after that I broke out the last of my decant I had and wore it in honor of someones birthday and I was like damn, what the hell, I kind of like this juice and kind of like it alot, lol

When I first got into fragrances, I was convinced that I didn't like musky or sweet/gourmand scents. Now I've come to love both, after having experienced them executed well.
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N 2

Ive taught myself not to swear.
    There's no need to be extreme.

for swap/sale:

Blog Entries

I thought I would never wear Gucci by Gucci EDP (the feminine) because that was one of my wife's signature dress-up scents, along with Dior Addict. But she grew to really dislike the Gucci, and gave it to me. Now I wear it every once in a while.

lol, I couldn't imagine swearing never to wear a frag, but Habit Rouge EDT took awhile to grow on me. At first I thought it smelled weird, now I wear it all the time.

I've always wanted a bottle of Chanel no. 5

Well, I've never sworn to not wear something, but thanks to BN I did get turned on to genres and fragrances I had never given a second thought to before. I had always bypassed the fragrance aisle at places like TJ Maxx because I thought what was there was only a small step up from dollar store scents, never realizing how much good stuff was tucked in there. On a lark I looked up reviews for Halston Z-14, and I thought it would be nothing but people ripping such a cheap and ubiquitous scent. Somewhat shocking, then, to see how much love there was for it.

I ended up buying a bottle, loving it, and thereby my journey into loving classic masculine scents commenced. Aramis, Polo, 1-12, Quorum, Old Spice...my love for all these scents can be traced back to the first time I sprayed on Z-14.

Never thought I would like a Rose scent, but I have grown to love Windsor.

No, not yet

If I ever come across a female frag I like, I would wear it.

Thing is I haven't smelled such yet !

So NO!
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

Anais Anais. It's not something I could have imagined wearing because I associated it with one of my first girlfriends. I bought a bottle cheap at TJ Maxx just for nostalgia, but I actually wear it from time to time.

Yes, I am wearing Givenchy Gentleman, which I thought I would never wear, because I've learned the manly art of light spraying; and I wear it only in cool weather.