Code of Conduct

Default Newbie Seeking Advice

Hello World.

Today, I'm not working at the Asian salon filing acrylic nails into perfect squovals because it's my day off. Thursday is my day to study. I attend the University of Pittsburgh & I'm majoring in chemistry. I know my degree is three-quarters crap and one-quarter gold. My dream is to work in the perfume industry...and I was wondering how to get my foot in the door. I have no idea what type of credentials companies require...if I need a graduate degre...if I'm better off to just take over the basement and set up shop...I am passionate about making people beautiful. I am just clueless about the perfume industry. There's so much information out there I don't know where to start. I work 30 hours and I go to school three-quarter time. I don't have time to read bad books. If anyone has any advice on what to study in school, books to read, etc., I'll gratefully take it.

Thank You BaseNote Forum

Default Re: Newbie Seeking Advice

Perhaps inquiring now about it professionally is better than blindly attaining a Chem degree which may or may not be a catalyst (pun intended) towards a career in perfumery.

Other than suggesting you consult the perfumery industry and/or join a perfume academy I don't know what else to suggest.

for swap/sale: