Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Knockoffs at Dollar Tree, including "Creed"

Spotted some new knockoffs at Dollar Tree that I haven't seen there before all of the Jordache variety.

First up?
    Creed. What Creed? I dunno. I couldn't place it off the top of my head. Smelled an awful lot like a better Facconable. I couldn't resist buying this. It has better longevity that most of these. I put a small spritz on the back of my hand and can still smell it 4 hours later quite easily.

Next?
    Tim McGraw. It is a copy of the original. Smells exactly like it out of the bottle but didn't skin test it.

Third?
    Old Spice. I didn't bother to test this, I mean why bother? Old Spice is cheap enough as it is.

Fourth?
    Quorum. More like an aftershave strength version of the current formulation, but pretty close to what the current stuff smells like. I guess for $1 its good if you find the aftershave the strength you're looking for then this would work.

I check these every so often because they make great car and room fresheners. Was nice to see new stuff though. If anyone wants to try and place the Creed let me know. My wife has a cold and couldn't help in on that one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Knockoffs at Dollar Tree, including "Creed"

Interesting - I'll have to keep a look out for these things. Fake McGraw - OMG. Is nothing sacred?

Quote Originally Posted by man114 View Post
    I check these every so often because they make great car and room fresheners.
    For the car, they're often better than what you find in the auto dept.

It's a cool and fun experiment. Good luck. Half of me thinks this is a good idea. The other half thinks you could burn in hell for these fragrance infractions.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing this is a US chain?

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say I agree with some of these fakes either.

I personally thought the Old Spice was more rediculous. I can see making a $1 copy of a $10 an oz cologne. Two onces would set you back at least $20 possibly more.

Old Spice, if you look around, is like $5. I've bought gift sets after Chirstmas for $.89 with an aftershave and cologne. I can't see the point in a 2oz size for a dollar. Maybe the 6oz giant aftershave knockoffs some places sell, but $1 for 2oz I don't get. You can almost guarantee it won't be as strong as the cologne version either.

Quorum is another. You could be a big EDT for $15. I've seen the aftershave for $4.50 in a smaller size with some looking around. You get a decent approximation of the aftershave for $1. You save $3.

The Creed I don't get. I don't even know what exact Creed it is supposed to be. It smells vaguely like something that Creed might make but is obviously way more synthetic. I've been toying with it all evening trying to place it. It smells like a well done knockoff of Facconable more than anything. It does have decent longevity for $1.

Post Thanks / Like

Dollar Tree is a US chain. Some of them are not bad. Some are terrible. I've tried others
    Paco Rabanne is OK at best
    Cool Water is pretty decent
    Polo is weird because it seems softer and picks up somewhere like you put it on a while ago but thereafter smells pretty close
    Angel isn't too bad but smells way more artificial
    Aramis was not too hot, Parfums De Coeur had a better copy back in the day
    Drakkar is good but doesn't last long, as above Parfums De Coeur had/has a dead ringer for it, and so does Family Dollar called Akthar Noir which is pretty close to the original formula in terms of smell, both last longer
    Acqua is not too bad
    Polo Blue was decent enough, doesn't last as long
    Polo Explorer has very poor longevity regardless of what it is used for
    Ed Hardy, same as above, I saw one at Family Dollar called Tattooed By Inky which was a less accurate approximation but lasted way longer
    Lacoste was bad
    Dolce & Gabanna doesn't last long
    Paris Hilton doesn't smell like much of anything
    Sean Jean doesn't last long either

Big Lots has many of the same under the "Cyrstal Collection", I think they are made by the same company they smell awfully similar but seem weaker they have a couple that Dollar Tree doesn't have. Big Lots has another collection which come in other bottles and have funny names like Bros. for Hugo Boss. They're quite a bit better, at least in terms of longevity. Some of the easier copied ones are quite good in the better versions.

I had a couple from a company called L'Illusion that used to be sold at Rite Aid or one of the drugstores. They were great for longevity but not that good in terms of copying. I had their Giorgio, Tommy and Polo knockoffs. The Polo was good smelling and had awesome longevity but not exactly like Polo. Giorgo was softer but I still have some and its awesome stuff. Not quite as medicinal as the real deal. Tommy is so close you can't tell the difference side by side.

Parfums De Coeur had a lot of these down pretty good and had longevity to boot, they were always up front about them being copies, but they don't make very many of them anymore.

Its nothing to try them $20 buys you 20 bottles. They're good air fresheners even if they aren't good copies. Some are pretty decent and are good if you've been working outside all day came in, cleaned up and just wanted to spray something on before running into town to grab some takeout.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been trying to pick apart the "Creed" tonight and try and figure out what it is supposed to be. Facconable is what immediately comes to mind when smelling it fresh. Other than that it smells vaguely like something that I might think is a Creed scent if I smelled it in passing on someone else. Anyone want to run down to Dollar Tree and try it? It isn't any Creed I currently have but it smells quite familiar. My wife has a cold, can't smell it and it will drive me crazy.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't get why anybody would even consider making a Tim McGraw fragrance knockoff... smh

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    For the car, they're often better than what you find in the auto dept.
    I use Aventus as my car spray

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post

Now here I was thinking I was the only one...
    What I've been wearing far too much of lately:

-Amouage Lyric Man
    -Guerlain Gourmand Coquin
    -Creed Jardin d'Amalfi

I've been trying to pick apart the "Creed" tonight and try and figure out what it is supposed to be. Facconable is what immediately comes to mind when smelling it fresh. Other than that it smells vaguely like something that I might think is a Creed scent if I smelled it in passing on someone else. Anyone want to run down to Dollar Tree and try it? It isn't any Creed I currently have but it smells quite familiar. My wife has a cold, can't smell it and it will drive me crazy.
    What is this one called at Dollar Tree? I need to go there to pick up a few things (it's the only place I know that sells liquid bandages for cheap...very necessary for hiking and ski season!) and may grab it to try it out.

Sounds like it's really blended so a good guess might be the best you can do, unless you are familiar with the most likely aromochemicals used.

The local 99 cent store carries a similar brand of knock-offs by Jordache. I tried one that was open, an imitation of Polo, and let me tell ya it was one of the worst fragrances I have ever tried. Smelled like an unholy combination of shampoo, grass, dirt, and vomit. That scared me straight! No more knock-off sampling for me, I learned my lesson.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to see english leather regular, lime, and musk, dana california, navigator, and a few others in boxed 0.5 oz bottles at 99 cent stores near my parents' house. this was the old version of california which was actually pretty nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    What is this one called at Dollar Tree? I need to go there to pick up a few things (it's the only place I know that sells liquid bandages for cheap...very necessary for hiking and ski season!) and may grab it to try it out.
    It is just a Jordache version of Creed. It doesn't say what Creed it is supposed to be. It isn't a knockoff of any Creed I own. I'm out of town without access to my collection either which doesn't help. I know I smelled something like it before but I can't be sure it was Creed.

For the Vintage Tabarome fans, its not a knockoff of if, I'd have been surprised if it was. If I remember them correctly I think you can rule out Bois du Portugal, Original Vetiver, Millesime Imperial.

Smells a bit citrusy and salty with a bit of leather/wood as it drys down. My wife has a cold and can't help me here, I just got over one and my nose is not 100%. A less brash Faconnable immediately comes to mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Some are much worse than others. So you can't rule out trying knockoffs on one bad example.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post

Stick a slice of pineapple in the ashtray and save yourself some $$$
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Post Thanks / Like

I'm new to this knockoff stuff.

Isn't there some kind of trademark protection for the names of these perfumes ?

If so, why aren't the stores and the manufacturers getting busted ?

Or are they just one of those things that says "Smells like (your favorite perfume here)" ???

They say "Made in USA" on them ?

I really think it's worthwhile that you sampled them, and admitted that you did. Along with others here, I'd be curious about them too.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say I agree with some of these fakes either.....
    They are not really fakes. I think knockoff is the proper term ( I think that is what you meant anyways). I correct you not to be rude, but just because fakes are a whole different industry in a way ( and a dangerous one at that). With knockoffs, at least we know what we are getting into. Fakes are a scam and are not legal to sell.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I'll have to check this out.....for fun of course!!!
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    I'm new to this knockoff stuff.

If so, why aren't the stores and the manufacturers getting busted ?

Or are they just one of those things that says "Smells like (your favorite perfume here)" ???

They say "Made in USA" on them ?

I really think it's worthwhile that you sampled them, and admitted that you did. Along with others here, I'd be curious about them too.
    -The designer impostors that I have seen at Dollar Tree say, for example, "our impression of Obsession for Men by Calvin Klein". There is also a legal disclaimer stating that the maker has no relationship to the manufacturer of the genuine article.
    -It's legal to sell designer impostors in the USA, but much harder in Europe. L'Oreal fought a designer impostor maker in EU court once.
    -Per the packaging, most of the designer impostors that I have seen at Dollar Tree are made in China using US aromachemicals.
    -I'm not sure if they still own the brand, but at one time, Jean Phillipe designer impostors were made by Inter Parfums. As you are well aware, this is the same company that makes Burberry, Banana Republic, and Van Cleef & Arpels perfumes.

On a related note, I bought an A*Men clone at Dollar Tree once. It was OK, but not as good as the real thing. But as mentioned, they make good cheap car or office fresheners.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    -Per the packaging, most of the designer impostors that I have seen at Dollar Tree are made in China using US aromachemicals.
    Call me a cynic, but I gotta say, I doubt that part.

Our impression of Green Irish Tweed, we call it "Greed".

Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    I think the issue is more about the packaging than the scent itself, because it is easy to change a frag slightly anyway (meaning it's not exactly the same, in terms of how it would show up on gas chromatograph), and of course the big companies sometimes debase their own products, IMO, with really bad reformulations. So, if you want to call a frag "Harry's Anti-stink Juice" (in a pink bottle that has a basic rectangular shape), for example, and it smells almost identical to GIT, that would be fine, I think.

Post Thanks / Like

I smelled a few of these yesterday. The Amen was the best, and really smelled like the authentic juice. But that was just the nozzle, I did not spray. The Le Male was good as well. Did not see the Creed.

Post Thanks / Like

Wore the Tim McGraw knockoff today. Considering I put it on at 8AM it lasted a LONG time. Not bad for $1. It is 11:45pm and while it is mostly a skin scent it is still there. All I can say is $1. Take that cost and factor it in I put it on before 8AM. While I know what Tim Mcgraw is supposed to smell like I am not sure what Creed is supposed to be imitated. It is $1 . That is then end of my argument.

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

Wore the Tim McGraw knockoff today. Considering I put it on at 8AM it lasted a LONG time. Not bad for $1. It is 11:45pm and while it is mostly a skin scent it is still there. All I can say is $1. Take that cost and factor it in I put it on before 8AM. While I know what Tim Mcgraw is supposed to smell like I am not sure what Creed is supposed to be imitated. It is $1 . That is then end of my argument.
    This doesn't surprise me. I've heard from friends in the fragrance industry it costs $2 to make most perfumes.

Post Thanks / Like

I"d rather buy Axe sprays than put knockoff crap on. Better yet why not drop a few dollars on a six pack of Irish Spring.

Sent from my Inspire4G using Tapatalk
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leociccone View Post
    This doesn't surprise me. I've heard from friends in the fragrance industry it costs $2 to make most perfumes.
    C'mon, are your friends experts ? It isn't as simple as investing $2 into the juice and putting into a bottle !
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite of the Dollar Tree knockoffs is Cool Water (it's called Arctic something). I buy it and use it as a room & car freshener. I also wear it sometimes when working in the yard. It is actually almost a dead ringer for the real Cool Water (just doesn't last very long).

Also, a few days ago, I tried their knockoff of Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Lovers G. I'm a sucker for coconut, and this one smelled great. So I think I'll grab it the next time I'm in Dollar Tree.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    C'mon, are your friends experts ? It isn't as simple as investing $2 into the juice and putting into a bottle !
    I doubt any of the department store batches cost more than $15 most (the bottle often costing more than a share of liquid). I read that Burberry T Shirts can be made for as little as 5 pounds in some of their European factories and those same shirts don't sell for less than 100 pounds later on. It seriously doesn't cost much for a batch of specific liquid and a glass bottle. The majority of the price is in the name of the designer.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm liking this "Creed" stuff now that I've had it a few days. Dunno what Creed it is supposed to be (to be honest, I think its a vague interpretation of something that may resemble Creed at best), but whatever they're offering is certainly worth $1 easily. I own hundreds of different colognes, and for $1 I find this to be quite a good offering at that price.

Regardless of whatever it is claimed to be, as its own scent this is a very good dollar buy. Unlike the Tim McGraw which seems to be a nearly identical clone (which you can wear a whole bottle and you'd come out ahead), this one stands on its own merits for whatever it is.

I took some time with this one and wore it a few times despite the desire to wear something else and took time with it. It has some redeeming qualities.

Up front you get citrus. After the alcohol wears off you have citrus and leather. The leather is actually quite good. The leather progresses into a nice woodsy scent. Maybe a vague stab at Royal English Leather?

Still this is $1. In my opinion, given the fact that it lasted more than 20 minutes this is well worth $1.

When all plays out you get a $1 fragrance that has citrus, leather and woodsy notes. It costs $1. Even if it doesn't smell like Creed (it doesn't, or at least any I've tried) it is a very good cologne for $1. Knockoff or not on its own worth $1, much like many old Parfums de Coeur offerings were easily worth their asking price.

In all honesty the Tim McGraw isn't half bad either. It is almost identical to the real thing. It might take a few more than average sprays, but lasts long enough. Unlike the "Creed" stuff you're not guessing, of course Tim McGraw encompasses very few scents, so a men's fragrance is either the original or Southern Blend. It gets good longeity for the price.

In all, this "Creed" stuff is $1. It is not bad IMHO. I would not mind using this as air freshener as it is quite pleasant.
    Last edited by man114; 26th October 2011 at 04:03 AM.

Saw some more knock-offs of a different brand at the Family Dollar store. They had Chanel no 5, Polo Green, Polo Sport, Drakkar, and a couple others. I tried the Polo and it was actually pretty enjoyable. Starts out with a green smell that is very clearly synthetic and cheap, yet mellow and free of harshness. From there it turned pretty fast into a soft powdery scent. Nothing incredible but it at least smelled ok. They also had bottles of Florida Water on sale.

I can't say I agree with some of these fakes either.

I personally thought the Old Spice was more rediculous. I can see making a $1 copy of a $10 an oz cologne. Two onces would set you back at least $20 possibly more.

Old Spice, if you look around, is like $5. I've bought gift sets after Chirstmas for $.89 with an aftershave and cologne. I can't see the point in a 2oz size for a dollar. Maybe the 6oz giant aftershave knockoffs some places sell, but $1 for 2oz I don't get. You can almost guarantee it won't be as strong as the cologne version either.

Just some info here on the Old Spice knock off and why some people may be interested in it. It is a dead ringer for the original formula Old Spice back when they were owned by Shulton. When Proctor and Gamble acquired the brand in the 90's the formula was slightly changed. My dad always wore Old Spice and I bought some of the current P&G juice when I was a teen and it just didn't do the trick, then on another forum I frequent a few people suggested this knock off from dollar tree. Upon first whiff I was transported right back to the days of watching my dad go through his grooming routine in the morning. I bought a bottle just for some aromatherapy!

Post Thanks / Like

You have to justify the worth of knockoffs of some of these.

The new Old Spice is more vanilla heavy and less spicy. Your savings though is minimal, so unless you want the original Shulton scent or they don't have the original that you are looking for (almost everyone carries it however).

A watered down Quorum can be debated, but you can get huge ETD bottles for $15 if you look around. If there is any increasing popularity of it again I'd liken it to the increased number of cheap bottles. 2oz of watered down aftershave lke strength that is similar smelling for $1?

The Tim McGraw is nearly identical for $1 its fine, I'll go along with this.

Creed? This isn't a bad cologne in its own right but I don't know what Creed it is supposed to be. I've worn it a few times, but still don't know.

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of off Topic but Ive noticed fake creeds at some of those frag stands in your local mall and I love calling them out on it hahaha.

I tried the dollar store versions of Creed and and One Million today. The Creed "impression" seems to be Cool Water, so it must be a GIT idea, to whomever made it. The One Million "impression" is quite good, though not the kind of frag I want to wear these days. I haven't tried the original, other than to do a very quick smelling strip sampling, so I don't want to say that it's very close, just that it's a good scent for $1. I guess the Creed one is too, if you want a Cool Water type of thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't think the Creed smelled quite like GIT, but of course what would you expect. As far as One Million didn't have that one locally, I'll have to check around.

Post Thanks / Like

Didnt see the Creed today and didnt feel like sorting through the giant mess they had on the shelves to find any others to smell.

Post Thanks / Like

I have about 20 different bottles of these sitting in my bathroom. As said, they make great bathroom "fresheners". Paco, Quorum, Le Male, Amen & Chanel #5 are great. Don't know if I'd ever wear these on my skin.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    I have about 20 different bottles of these sitting in my bathroom. As said, they make great bathroom "fresheners".
    Now that's a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Sprayed "Paco Rabanne For Him" on a finger today at the Dollar Tree while picking up some pill organizers. Really foul sh!t.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using this "Creed" knockoff as my car air freshener since I first found it because its citrusy with a nice leathery drydown (and my car has a leather interior). I wore it a few times since then, it has a good progression on the skin for a buck. Don't know how safe it is to wear (suppose you can spray it on your clothes), but its good stuff for the price. By no means like any Creed I've smelled but on its own decent enough.

I picked up some Wagner stuff at Big Lots thinking it would be a Polo Knockoff (based on the color of the bottle) but found it awfully similar to LeMale. They had about a half dozen different ones, different colored boxes no indication of what they'd be, apparently no one else cared to find out, none were open. I bought the one for the hell of it, since I was buying some of the other stuff they had as gifts. It never stated anywhere what it was supposed to be a copy of, I looked all over. One spray on the back of my hand made it 5 hours so I guess for $2.50 it wasn't bad. I wouldn't recommend buying them without trying them because box color won't indicate what it actually is. For example while it probably isn't (but I won't guarantee), you might think blue would be Cool Water and it would instead be Quorum. Smell it first. Longevity is decent enough for the price. These claim the perfume oil is made in france or something and they're bottled in USA or China depending on the variety.

Of all the Dollar store knockoffs I've tried so far, the Creed and Tim McGraw are the best and longest lasting, however you'll probably be able to get real Tim McGraw for a marginal amount more in a few weeks as the stores are loaded with giftsets.

The Wagner stuff that has showed up I'd definately open and try before you buy, you don't want to think your're getting one thing and end up with another.

Post Thanks / Like

The Creed is real nice. It smells like a GIT AS Balm would smell, mellow and light without the zing. Pretty nice for a buck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    The Creed is real nice. It smells like a GIT AS Balm would smell, mellow and light without the zing. Pretty nice for a buck.
    I've been trying to place it but I think thats pretty close to what I'm thinking, its similar to GIT or Cool Water, not exact, less citrusy, not as metallic as Cool Water. For $1 its good stuff I've smelled worse $30 stuff. Has much better longevity than these usually do too. Unlike most of these cheapy $1 knockoffs which I have to refresh on my lunch break this stuff is not bad. The Tim McGraw is decent too and way cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

It really is not necessary to point out what I said.

I know what my comments were in regards to the knockoff Creed, however some might not read the whole thread.

Additionally, the fragrance is not bad and warrants a bit of wear before I can come to a final conclusion about it.

If you don't like any repetitiveness about what I said then you don't have to read it, or make a post about it.

Post Thanks / Like

I discovered Jordache Women's "Our version of Armani Code" to be suitable as a room spray (works very well after Miss Kitty has been in her litter box.) It's very floral -- almost 100% jasmine with a hint of orange blossom buried underneath, with no bitterness of the original (or vanilla or honey either). It's almost a single note scent, but it takes only a few sprays to create a jasmine explosion for about 30 minutes to an hour.

What I found interesting is this box indicates it is scent number 64, which must mean they have at least 63 others in their catalog. Our local DT has the "Creed" and several others, but a lot of the shelf space is devoted to small cases filled with just one fragrance. The "mixed lot" selection seems to be done by the store staff as bottles sell and they pack the remaining bottles together with others to save space.

A number of the bottles must have been there for years because there is a major layer of dust on some of the box tops, and some of them have actually started to yellow and fray. The packages have also changed over the years.

One wonders what years of shelf storage does to a fragrance made on the cheap in Shenzhen Province. Do you think it will "lose something" over time. :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt there is much to lose. They cant get much worse than they already are.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

I found the knockoff sold at dollar tree are manufactured by Interparfums as part of their mass market line. Their pristage line consist of Burberry, Boucheron, Van Cleef, Lanvin. Funny huh..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dampier View Post
    One wonders what years of shelf storage does to a fragrance made on the cheap in Shenzhen Province. Do you think it will "lose something" over time. :-)
    iPods ( using pretty much slave labor )and other stuff are from Shenzhen ( hope I am spelling it right), so that doesn't reall tell you whether it will go bad in time. I wouldn't be concerned if a fragrance from a dollar store was gonna go bad.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Just smelled the Creed at the Dollar Tree. It says Jordache on the box. I can tell you that I am positive that it is a knockoff of Green Irish Tweed. I sprayed it on the back of my hand. I think it smells closer to GIT than Cool Water does. The only reason I didn't buy it was because it wore off before I left the store (15 minutes). I also sprayed Angel for men and that too wore off before I left the store.

I am impressed with how close these are to the real thing but the longevity as others have said is really poor.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it smells like real GIT, I think its more like Cool Water, or some derivative thereof, but who knows. Its not bad. Gotta figure for a buck you can wear half a bottle and still come out ahead. 15-20 sprays gets you some OK longevity out of it. I wore it today after reading this.

Post Thanks / Like

wow there even coping creeds. What else are they going to copy, Tonka Imperiale?

Recently I grabbed the Creed knockoff and today I tried it. I avoided top notes, as usual, and was surprised by how nice it was. I'll have to do a side by side with GIT, but I like it better than CW, because I find CW too cluttered, with clashing notes. This knockoff seems to be neroli, lavender, jasmine, and a touch of amber (no tobacco, like CW). It's very well balanced and natural smelling, reasonably strong projection/sillage but the longevity (beyond being a skin scent) is not up to a typical vintage EdT, that's for sure. I didn't get any basenotes, but for $1 you can just keep applying this one if you like it. It has a bit of that "old fashioned" quality, sort of like the opening of Habit Rouge EdC, but much weaker. I have to say this is a great bargain, even if you reapply ten times a day, though it's not for the "fresh"/sport/aquatic crowd. The "trick" may be to only spray once or twice per application or else it could smell somewhat "synthetic."

Post Thanks / Like

I sprayed the Jordash $1 fragrances in the air (they didn't have paper to spray on). They didn't smell bad. I tried 3 or 4 different bottles, and it was obvious that it's not the original. Obsession smelled less spicy than the original, a little toned down, but the spice was still there.

$1 for 3 ounces of juice is an amazing price. It makes me wonder how much the juice costs to make a $90 bottle of the real thing.

Yes they are very good now, especially if you avoid the top notes. Only major problem may be longevity with some of them, but you still get a few hours, which is great at that price level.

Quote Originally Posted by smellgood4u View Post
    I sprayed the Jordash $1 fragrances in the air (they didn't have paper to spray on). They didn't smell bad. I tried 3 or 4 different bottles, and it was obvious that it's not the original. Obsession smelled less spicy than the original, a little toned down, but the spice was still there.

$1 for 3 ounces of juice is an amazing price. It makes me wonder how much the juice costs to make a $90 bottle of the real thing.

Have to pass on that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    Saw some more knock-offs of a different brand at the Family Dollar store. They had Chanel no 5, Polo Green, Polo Sport, Drakkar, and a couple others. I tried the Polo and it was actually pretty enjoyable. Starts out with a green smell that is very clearly synthetic and cheap, yet mellow and free of harshness. From there it turned pretty fast into a soft powdery scent. Nothing incredible but it at least smelled ok. They also had bottles of Florida Water on sale.
    florida water rocks...my go to scent in the summer
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Maybe they'll have better longevity than real Creeds! LOL.

Spotted some new knockoffs at Dollar Tree that I haven't seen there before all of the Jordache variety.

First up?
    Creed. What Creed? I dunno. I couldn't place it off the top of my head. Smelled an awful lot like a better Facconable. I couldn't resist buying this. It has better longevity that most of these. I put a small spritz on the back of my hand and can still smell it 4 hours later quite easily.

Next?
    Tim McGraw. It is a copy of the original. Smells exactly like it out of the bottle but didn't skin test it.

Third?
    Old Spice. I didn't bother to test this, I mean why bother? Old Spice is cheap enough as it is.

Fourth?
    Quorum. More like an aftershave strength version of the current formulation, but pretty close to what the current stuff smells like. I guess for $1 its good if you find the aftershave the strength you're looking for then this would work.

I check these every so often because they make great car and room fresheners. Was nice to see new stuff though. If anyone wants to try and place the Creed let me know. My wife has a cold and couldn't help in on that one.