Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Bleu longevity problems - anyone ?!?

I've tested Chanel Bleu 3 times now, while looking for a solid fresh stylish sporty scent for the gym and office work.

But while I quite like the Bleu opening, I find it far too weak on me from the get go - I sprayed (on pulse points) 2-3 first time, 4-5 next time and 8-10 sprays the last time and STILL it's gone from my skin after 3-4 hours. I mean LITERALLY gone !?!

I tested it in 3 big department stores, so not a fake Chanel. I normally get good longevity out of all the frags I test and use - 8-10-12 hours, but Bleu is gone too fast.

If this was a $25/100ml priced frag, I would just get it for the gym and like it the 1-2 hours I can actually smell it - but this sh#t is Chanel high end designer frag costing $85/100ml.....hmmmm

I love and own Platinum, Antaeus, Allure Homme, Egoiste & Edt. Blanche and get 8-12 hours from all these, but Bleu is weak and thin on my skin. Just too fragile and discrete.

Anyone else with the same experience ?
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Blog Entries

Default Re: Chanel Bleu longevity problems - anyone ?!?

I did. It took me a while to "train" my nose to smell it. Now, I can smell it all day long. And any that gets on my clothes lasts for days. In fact, the longevity can be a problem because it's still going strong in the evening and it can clash with other scents I want for the SOTE.

Spray heavily somewhere far away from your nose. You will be able to pick it up on your skin hours later. If you spray your neck or upper body, it can create olfactory fatigue very easily with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I did. It took me a while to "train" my nose to smell it. Now, I can smell it all day long. And any that gets on my clothes lasts for days. In fact, the longevity can be a problem because it's still going strong in the evening and it can clash with other scents I want for the SOTE.

Spray heavily somewhere far away from your nose. You will be able to pick it up on your skin hours later. If you spray your neck or upper body, it can create olfactory fatigue very easily with this one.
    Interesting - so at first you felt it was gone from your skin too fast, but as you used it more and more and 'trained' your nose to the smell, you actually found it to be a longevity monster !!

How many sprays do you use to have it last 8-10 hours on you ?
    You never spray it over your shoulder height ?
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

I agree, this one is very condusive to olfactory fatigue. I generally get around 6-7 hours on Bleu. 4 with projection.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Thankfully have no problems with longevity.

i got 3hrs and then it was skin scent to completely gone. not much projection in the 1st couple hours either. 2 sprays on the neck and 2 on the arms. probably will last a bit longer in cooler weather but i tested mine in 90+ degree heat.

Did not do well on my skin at all.....Gary

No problems whatsoever with longevity on this one. 4-5 sprays easily lasted 10 hours and beyond. Try spraying on your chest and abdomen. I think Redneck and Neil are right about people suffering olfactory fatigue with this fragrance.

Doesn't seem to last well on me.

i get 6-8 .....very potent...

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    No problems whatsoever with longevity on this one. 4-5 sprays easily lasted 10 hours and beyond. Try spraying on your chest and abdomen. I think Redneck and Neil are right about people suffering olfactory fatigue with this fragrance.
    I'm getting it - both the olfactory fatigue and getting the scent of this now

Sprayed 8-10 sprays of EDT Bleu on my inside arm 9 hours ago, and when writing this can now smell the darker subtle fine tones of the Bleu.

I get it now !!

Thanks for teaching me how to appreciate this frag. Thought it was dead boring fresh to begin with but now starting to like it, especially the heart notes. Hard to describe the smell, sort of a pleasant calming smell of sandalwood mixed with ginger & patchouli. Nice
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    but this sh#t is Chanel high end designer frag costing $85/100ml.....hmmmm
    lol. I also own this one and can't seem to get an hours worth out of this. It's disappointing at best no matter how much or where I seem to spray it. It's this reason I never reach for this bottle. I love the smell, just a big let down.

it's not a good projecter, but i can smell it for 6-8 hours as well. On my shirt it lasts for the next day or 2 days after that.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

I put it on back in June and I can still smell it.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄««««« Çlďck ít ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Heh, nice. Glad to hear that you're starting to appreciate the fragrance more. It has a lot of twists and turns that you wouldn't expect from a "blue/sporty" frag.

I agree with olfactory fatigue with this one. It is strong s**t and I get full work day (8+ hours) from 2-3 sprays.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

I've got longevity problems with this. It lasts too long!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I've got longevity problems with this. It lasts too long!
    lol.

I remember the day I bought it I wore it to work and thought it was gone in no time; it was complete olfactory fatigue. After a few times of wearing it, I realized (like Sculpture of Soul) that it lasts a very, very long time. Whenever I wear it, it always lasts into the next day-- and the best part this second act that comes out the next morning is an incredible vetiver accord.

Plus, it projects like crazy. This is one I get oodles of compliments on --in part because people can actually smell it on me quite easily-- despite my habit of always appying all fragrances with modest application.

Sur la Plage

Lucky you.....

Of all the scents I own, I have to be the most careful about overapplication/refresher sprays with Bleu. It's one of those that you always think is gone, but is still going strong to the noses of those around you.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

When I dialed back to 3 sprays max, I could smell it all day and others could as well. Any more and you smother yourself and end up smelling nothing.

I found it quite powerful. Keep testing it and I'm sure your nose will come around.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I find Bleu has good longevity.

When I first got it, I would do three sprays and would get 8+ hours and really good projection.

Now I generally just go one spray on the chest and still get roughly 8 hours, just with less projection.

great longevity here......and Bleu isn´t bad at all.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

If you spray it on your arm you'll do much better w/ longevity. I sprayed it there at 1:30pm I could still smell it 6am.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    I'm getting it - both the olfactory fatigue and getting the scent of this now

Sprayed 8-10 sprays of EDT Bleu on my inside arm 9 hours ago, and when writing this can now smell the darker subtle fine tones of the Bleu.

I get it now !!

Thanks for teaching me how to appreciate this frag. Thought it was dead boring fresh to begin with but now starting to like it, especially the heart notes. Hard to describe the smell, sort of a pleasant calming smell of sandalwood mixed with ginger & patchouli. Nice
    Glad it worked for you! Yeah - once you get the powder underneath the fresh, and the dark wood / vetiver / skanky underneath the powder, it can really hook you.

I like the way you did it with the bunch of sprays on one arm. I sprayed all over myself (don't ask how many) and that is clearly not a strategy for most folks. Your method will probably work for most people.

When you get really hooked on it, that's when to go for the after shave lotion or the shower gel. They're quite awesome, too, and both have a slightly different opening. The after shave lotion is more like no. 5 Eau Premičre, and the shower gel has some fruity notes. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Lucky you.....
    LOL Agreed wish it wasnt long-lasting on me. One of the most generic scents from Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I did. It took me a while to "train" my nose to smell it. Now, I can smell it all day long.
    This happened to me with Terre D'hermes. It was very strange to not be able to smell something, and then gradually over the course of a few wears, be able to smell it. I also found Bleu to have average lasting power, but I'm not a fan of sporty all-purpose fragrances at the moment so I didn't seriously consider adding it to my wardrobe. only tried it twice.

Don't like the smell and don't get good longevity. That's something i suffer with this kind of fragrances. Thankfully, this genre is one I don't like at all.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just sprayed once on my hand 45mins ago, i cant barely smell it already. Bleu sucks.

I love Bleu and I have no problems with longevity.

I have the same issue... so less is more with Bleu
    1 spray chest, 1 spray each arm (inside) ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pawful View Post
    This happened to me with Terre D'hermes. It was very strange to not be able to smell something, and then gradually over the course of a few wears, be able to smell it. I also found Bleu to have average lasting power, but I'm not a fan of sporty all-purpose fragrances at the moment so I didn't seriously consider adding it to my wardrobe. only tried it twice.
    Interesting. My perception of TdH changed over time. I could smell it at first, but the whole focus of the scent changed from the dirt/earth/flint thing to cedar and then to geranium. L'Homme Libre is doing it to me now, but the same thing as before - training works for me.

Basenotes Member

I have come to really like Bleu! I don't have longevity problems with it, and the folks around me have given me compliments on this scent. To each his own, but I'm a fan!

Quote Originally Posted by vince211 View Post
    I have come to really like Bleu! I don't have longevity problems with it, and the folks around me have given me compliments on this scent. To each his own, but I'm a fan!
    I think the Bleu dislikers are in the same boat as I am.
    We only got topnotes at first, then thought it went dead. Reality is that you learn to snell the basenotes over time or - as in my case - when an experienced frag nose gives you the hints, tips and directions to the basenotes.

I now am able to smell Bleu's basenote for 8-10 hours.

Will buy a 150 ml EDT next month, when I buy 8 new Chanel EDT's (I'm out of all my Allure, Egoiste, Antaeus and Platinum soon, very very soon)

Will upgrade all my Chanel Homme - and expand to all 8 Chanel Homme in 150 ml EDT and 100 ml EDT (Pour Monsieur Concentrčt though only in 75 ml)

I'm an YSL & Chanel frag HO !
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking