• Issey Miyake Summer 2009

6 26.09%
  • Versace Pour Homme

11 47.83%
  • Dior Homme Sport

6 26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Issey Miyake 2009 Summer vs Versace Pour Homme vs Dior Homme Sport

I am trying to find one more for summer scents currently I own L'homme and Love and Luck which seem to be good I was looking for something maybe a little different. I know I like two out of the three I have never smelled Issey Miyake 2009 summer I only smelt the original which really was metallic on my skin. If anyone wants to through out any others I am more then happy to maybe check those out instead.

Default Re: Issey Miyake 2009 Summer vs Versace Pour Homme vs Dior Homme Sport

Issey Miyake 2009 does amazing in hot weather.

Oooh...this is a really tough choice between DHS and the Issey Miyake. I own both and love both, and find that they're EXCELLENT summer scents.

I don't like the regular Issey Miyake at all, by the way, if that helps.

DHS is ginger and grapefruit, with an invigorating center and an aquatic edge. It's very easy to wear, great for the gym and casual situations. It borders on the sweet side, but the grapefruit is done really well, in that it's not too sweet or bitter. Longevity is excellent for a 'sport' fragrance, and it's of a good quality. Projects well also.

Miyake Summer 09 is lemony citrus and florals and is very aquatic (not ocean salt water aquatic, but very watery). It has a beautiful, clear, transparent sillage that is also quite powerful. I find it is a little more elegant than DHS and while not appropriate for say the gym, it is better suited than DHS for a semi-formal occasion. Much more wearable and pleasing and less pungent than the regular Issey Miyake. Excellent projection and good longevity.

If I were you, I'd order the Issey now, because it's a limited edition and could disappear in the future. DHS will be around for a while (as long as they don't reformulate that too!), and you can always get it down the road.

However, both are great scents. Next to Guerlain Homme L'Eau, they are my favorite warm weather frags.

I really like that Issey Miyake summer 2009.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Dior Homme Sport or Issey Miyake Summer 2009 - can't miss with either IMO for what you want.

Sur la Plage

Aramis New West for Him
    Guy Laroche Horizon
    Hugh Parsons (Blue)
    Mugler Cologne

Dior Homme Sport

The issey 2009 is some incredible juice.... it gives u the lemonade/melon/green grass smell
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Just wanted to say thank you for everyones help my next buy will be Summer 09!

For a sporty summer fragrance, try Solo Loewe EDC Intense.