Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default How can I get the juice out of a bottle with a messed sprayer and put into a better bottle?

I got a bottle of Givenchy Blue and the sprayer is a little messed up. I want to get the juice out of that bottle, and put it into some different bottle with a good sprayer.

I was just thinking of getting some cheap empty glass spray bottle at Hobby Lobby or Target. Is that an all right idea?
    I want to smell good.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How can I get the juice out of a bottle with a messed sprayer and put into a better bottle?

I buy atomizers from accessories for fragrances.com-- they ship fast and send you a funnel and pipette for decanting with your order. The bottles you can get at places like Target are usually plastic, are for household use and are not likely to produce a fine spray.

Default Re: How can I get the juice out of a bottle with a messed sprayer and put into a better bottle?

Just to add that I agree you are best off buying a proper perfume bottle and atomiser than a household one.

With most commercial perfumes a crimp spray attachment will have been used - these are a pain to remove - it can be done with the aid of a pair of pliers but don't attempt it until you have your replacement bottle on hand as you won't be able to replace it once it's off. For the same reason make sure you've got a bottle (or bottles) big enough to hold all the remaining juice in your faulty bottle.

I prefer screw-on atomisers, so that's what I use for my own offerings: it gives the customer maximum choice when it comes to decanting and re-filling.

A final thought - if it was one of my perfumes that had a dodgy sprayer I'd send a replacement sprayer to the customer without hesitation. You might try contacting Givenchy (assuming it isn't dodgy because you broke it obviously) - they won't be able to send a replacement sprayer if it's a crimp-fitting, but they might just send a new bottle . . . worth an email I'd have thought.
    Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bartlett View Post
    Just to add that I agree you are best off buying a proper perfume bottle and atomiser than a household one.

With most commercial perfumes a crimp spray attachment will have been used - these are a pain to remove - it can be done with the aid of a pair of pliers but don't attempt it until you have your replacement bottle on hand as you won't be able to replace it once it's off. For the same reason make sure you've got a bottle (or bottles) big enough to hold all the remaining juice in your faulty bottle.

I prefer screw-on atomisers, so that's what I use for my own offerings: it gives the customer maximum choice when it comes to decanting and re-filling.

A final thought - if it was one of my perfumes that had a dodgy sprayer I'd send a replacement sprayer to the customer without hesitation. You might try contacting Givenchy (assuming it isn't dodgy because you broke it obviously) - they won't be able to send a replacement sprayer if it's a crimp-fitting, but they might just send a new bottle . . . worth an email I'd have thought.
    Thank you for that final note. I sent Givenchy an email.
    I want to smell good.