Code of Conduct

Default Question only for all of us who love Prada Infusion d'Homme

I start this thread not for discussing Infusion d'Homme (there're other threads about that). I'm asking this to people who love Infusion d'Homme because it's my favourite fragrance since I discovered it.

Infusion d'Homme is the only perfume I've found that you can only describe as "expensive soap" and "pure soap". Sure, there're other ones that smell "clean", or "fresh"... but if somebody says "pure soap", I can only say Infusion d'Homme.

I asked for advice about other fragrances that resemble expensive or pure soap, but I only found perfumes which not smell like soap at all (IMHO). For example, somebody suggested me BLV and... I didn't find a single note of soap in BLV (BVLGARI).

So, the question is... let's suppose Prada ends production of Infusion d'Homme and Amber.

And let's suppose you really desire to continue smelling like "luxury soap".

Is there any fragrance you'd choose?

If you think of something "soapy", don't say it. When you smell Infusion d'Homme, you don't say "soapy", you say "SOAP". So, I'm not looking for "soapy" fragrances, but only ones that you can't describe them in other way rather than pure soap.

Default Re: Question only for all of us who love Prada Infusion d'Homme

I'm keen to learn of any alternatives as well. IdH is a very unique beast IMHO.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

Basenotes Institution

Try Puro Lino, if you can find it. Also, Chemistry by Clinique.

Not the same smell as IdH (of course) but another alternative for a classy, luxurious soapy fragrance.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Try Simply Soap by Clean.

Mugler Cologne

Mugler Cologne
    Creed Original Vetiver
    Gendarme
    Puro Lino
    Gendarme 20 (lavender soap)
    Antico Caruso (almond soap)

For IdH lovers, I just wanted to remind you that some Marshall's have the huge 400ml splash bottle (plus small atomizer bottle and funnel) for $99 (seen at Marshall's Halsted and Belmont in chicago). I have seen also 100ml bottles, I forgot the price.

I guess soap perceptions vary a lot. I find some of the Kurkdjian suitably soap-like, like Aqua Universalis, Apom or Cologne pour le matin. Presumably what you are after are fresh orange blossom, clean vetivers, even a touch of clean iris. But I cannot think of anything that delivers these as cleanly as IdH. Perhaps some of the Santa Maria Novella colognes, though they are not long lasting.

cacio

I think it is a common mistake to take for granted that Id'H is a pure clean scent and nothing else. It does have a big soapy note but smell again. There is something in the dry down that smells like a clean human skin. A male skin I might add. Or the smell of the tub water after a bath.

all excellent suggestions, here. specifically I thought immediately to Puro Lino, although you'll probably have a hell of a time finding it. However, Gendarme and Creed Original Vetiver are both at the top of the list. Buy Mugler Cologne at your peril. IMHO, it's a lesser expensive option, but you get what you pay for.
    Also for me, a good neroli scent conjures a similar soap smell to IdH, and there are TONS of threads suggesting the best neroli scents out there. My own $0.02 to add here in that vein would be Czech and Speake's Neroli.

I really like Blvgari Eau De Vert. It reminds me of the fresh, clean, expensive/magical soap feeling

Quote Originally Posted by slvrbckgorilla View Post
    Mugler Cologne
    Better choice IMO.

I think that Play by Givenchy gives almost the same soapy feeling as Infusion d'Homme, but the similarity of Fresh by Sex in the City is uncanny, I actually thought I was spraying Id'H the first time I tried Fresh.
    And a 3.4 oz bottle of Fresh can be found for less than 10 bucks if you look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    For IdH lovers, I just wanted to remind you that some Marshall's have the huge 400ml splash bottle (plus small atomizer bottle and funnel) for $99 (seen at Marshall's Halsted and Belmont in chicago). I have seen also 100ml bottles, I forgot the price.

I guess soap perceptions vary a lot. I find some of the Kurkdjian suitably soap-like, like Aqua Universalis, Apom or Cologne pour le matin. Presumably what you are after are fresh orange blossom, clean vetivers, even a touch of clean iris. But I cannot think of anything that delivers these as cleanly as IdH. Perhaps some of the Santa Maria Novella colognes, though they are not long lasting.

cacio
    +1 MFK Pour Le Matin has a similar "chalkiness" to IdH. Great suggestion and IMHO is the best substitute/alternative to the Prada.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

Mugler Cologne +1

Dependent

I definitely agree with Gendarme.

Btw, thanks for making this thread! It totally reminded me what an awesome fragrance this one was so it was my SOTD.

I picked up a gift set of this scent at Marshall's for less then $40 and I will say the longevity of this scent on my skins last almost all day! I agree the the scent is fresh, clean, soapy and has also become a favorite of mine

Quote Originally Posted by Oaksbluff View Post
    Also for me, a good neroli scent conjures a similar soap smell to IdH, and there are TONS of threads suggesting the best neroli scents out there. My own $0.02 to add here in that vein would be Czech and Speake's Neroli.
    Thanks for saying this, I've read that neroli has been traditionally used in the making of many soaps. So that's perhaps why it makes us think of soap when we smell it.

Do you know of any neroli fragrance with strong green notes (pine, green herbs, vetiver...) ? I love soaps with "green" fragrance, so maybe a mixture of neroli and a strong green note could resemble that. Do you know any fragrance like that?

Creed Himalaya is another option.

I really like Infusion d'Homme, and I particularly like the fact that it's offered in large bottles at reasonable prices, making it a great 'every day' scent. [The 'bath / body' products in the range are good as well.]
    Last edited by StewartGallacher; 26th October 2011 at 03:01 PM.