Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Blind Buy: Dior Leather Oud.

Bought this blind! And I love it. I get more leather out of this than any fragrance I have tried (there must be other leather scents with more, I have not tried many.) And the oud is apparent but not terribly strong here for me but well blended with the leather. This one lasts a very long time and it seems that the projection is very nice. There is a sweetness to this rich smelling scent but not too sweet, the leather and oud complement each other so well and tames down the sweetness that lies in the background. I tend to think I do smell a touch of civit in here, something animalic lies deep in this fragrance. Very well blended and warm, inviting and in my top five. Very different from anything in my collection and a worthwhile blind buy for me.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Default Re: Blind Buy: Dior Leather Oud.

Great scent. Enjoy it.

I do like this one A LOT too.
    Slightly medicinal, syrup leather. The oud is detectable, but the leather dominates from the begining to end.
    High quality, amazing smell, great longevity and sillage. Delicious.
    A little bit pricey, but it deserves, and contains high end materials.

Ps: When i apply this on skin, it becomes sticky for a while. Its just me?

I like this one too! I find that it gets progressively sweeter at each stage of the drydown, after beginning with a quite bitter leather. I get a bit more leather out of ELdO Rien, but I don't regard that as a good thing!

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

too much medicine for me, maybe I set my expectations too high.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄««««« Çlïck ít ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

It's not Oud oil it's Oud wood (that we burn).
    The wood smells very different than the oil.

for swap/sale:

The more I wear this the more I like it...but some people don't care for the scent and to be honest, that is OK by me. There is a lot of leather in this and and the woody notes are prevalent too. And yes, there is some skank in here from the civit. As it dries down it becomes a little bit sweet and earthy and I can detect amber and patchouli, something that I hate on its own but love blended in fragrances. A dry fragrance for sure. Long lasting and good silage. High quality and a keeper! Definitely a keeper because I don't know how long it will take to go through 8.5 ounces of the stuff.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

I'm wearing this today from a sample. I found it pretty dirty at first but it seems to mellow out-- plus, after a while I think a lot of us become desensitized to things we would have perceived as dirty in the beginning of the journey. The initial skank is somewhat like Montale's Oud Cuir D"Arabie to my nose-- it's more leather at first, and then the oud starts to settle in and it becomes a more meditative scent.

Still, I find this one to be just a little too far over the edge of skank. I do love the quiet smokiness of the middle and base notes, but it has just a tad too much civet for my comfort level. I can imagine this working very nicely on some people though.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post

Still, I find this one to be just a little too far over the edge of skank. I do love the quiet smokiness of the middle and base notes, but it has just a tad too much civet for my comfort level. I can imagine this working very nicely on some people though.
    I have searched for something a bit skanky and dirty and I think I have found it in this. It sure has that edge I wanted and it dries down nicely too. Fragrances people call dirty, i.e. Kouros and MKK to name just a couple, I find to be very nice smelling and not at all dirty. This one takes the Oud and smokiness, leather and adds civet and a few other ingredients to round out the fragrance. A very wearable and a brilliant parfum IMHO.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

This and Tuscan Leather definitely are the most 'real leather' I've encountered out of most all the leather fragrances. However I slightly prefer Tuscan Leather if I had to choose, but usually choose neither, since I don't want to smell like leather =P

I bought this blind as well and have been very happy with it. This is my favorite leather of the moment, and also my favorite oud fragrance. Leather Oud comes close to the smell of the legendary pure oud called Thaqeel from Abdul Samad Al Qurashi (ASAQ). Thaqeel is more a combination of scents of oud, amber and tobacco - but is very similar to this Dior Leather Oud. Dior managed a creation which balances layers of incense wood, cardamom, cumin, agarwood, amber, leather, civet - an unfolding legendary leather.

I bought this, but I can not wear leather. This is the best leather scent though that I have smelled, better than Creed Cuir de Russie, or Chanel's.

I've read somewhere that this is one of the very few scents that have REAL oud oil in it. Can anyone verify this?

for me It should be named WOOD OUD , but equally is a great scent!
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

I could do without the barnyard smell in this but it's not very offensive or strong and worth wearing despite this note!
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post
    I could do without the barnyard smell in this but it's not very offensive or strong and worth wearing despite this note!
    The "barnyard smell" is why I think I like this, but it turns sweet for me on the dry down.

I keep wondering, if I layered this with Fahrenheit (smells like gasoline to me) would the result be that of a leather clad biker that had been working on his Harley in a garage? LOL
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!