Code of Conduct

Default Patou Pour Homme...bored.

I put on 3 sprays of PPH today - I felt I had to revisit this "masterpiece."

I had to scrub it off after an hour. Maybe I'm jaded, I don't know. I just got tired of of it. It's so...80s. Too many other options out there today. Don't get me wrong, I love the old chypres, from time to time. But holy cow, this one is just too over the top. And to think, I thought this was once the pinnacle of my collection...

This one will be going up on the swap list (when I get around to making one).
    someone please stop me from buying more cologne.

top five: 1) Creed Vintage Tabarome 2) Creed Windsor 2) Serge Lutens Chergui 3) Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur 5) MFK Lumiére Noire Pour Homme

Default Re: Patou Pour Homme...bored.

That's ok Midiguru. Each to their own- just send it my way when your ready. I'll buy it off you.
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midiguru View Post
    ....this one is just too over the top. And to think, I thought this was once the pinnacle of my collection...

This one will be going up on the swap list....
    There must have been a good reason to think PPH was the pinnacle of your collection. Even one's best frag has its bad days on skin or to the nose once in a while. PPH is too rare a frag to permanently dispose of based on (what may just be) a temporary low, IMO. Its been kept for so long, why not give it more tries later.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    There must have been a good reason to think PPH was the pinnacle of your collection. Even one's best frag has its bad days on skin or to the nose once in a while. PPH is too rare a frag to permanently dispose of based on (what may just be) a temporary low, IMO. Its been kept for so long, why not give it more tries later.
    Don't talk him out of it Perf!!!!
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it too over-the-top or are you bored with it?

I could never get tired of it.

The fickleness of the mind is an inherent part of it. There is nothing that one can say, that one will like/love forever. There are so many variables & their interplay affects our choices all the time. The fragrance is the same (unless ofcourse it has turned) so it's you & the variables :-)

Revisit it a few times later and if it doesn't warm you, save yourself a tiny sample and get rid of the rest. I am sure it won't be hard.

It is dated. It's like wearing 70's or 80's clothing. In their day they were so right, but today they just don't feel right anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Midiguru View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love the old chypres, from time to time. But holy cow, this one is just too over the top.
    That is exacly what I feel when I revisit PPH from time to time. Lately, I've been using Guerlain Derby and Sous le vent to satisfy those chypre cravings, they both work much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    That is exacly what I feel when I revisit PPH from time to time. Lately, I've been using Guerlain Derby and Sous le vent to satisfy those chypre cravings, they both work much better for me.
    I can't even bring myself to wear Derby. It's another one that just sits in my wardrobe, waiting for its turn to be put up on the swap list.

I think after amassing an unhealthy amount of bottles, I've started to find my preference among my collection...and the likes of PPH and Derby ain't it.
    someone please stop me from buying more cologne.

top five: 1) Creed Vintage Tabarome 2) Creed Windsor 2) Serge Lutens Chergui 3) Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur 5) MFK Lumiére Noire Pour Homme

Leonardo DiCaprio broke up with Bar Refaeli, too, so I guess anything's possible.

The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    Leonardo DiCaprio broke up with Bar Refaeli, too, so I guess anything's possible.

I couldn't have said it better myself...

I've been bored with everything I own at one time or another. Perceptions can fluctuate drastically, and just because it's a masterpiece doesn't mean you won't get tired of it every once in awhile. Same with the most smart and beautiful woman, as mentioned above.

I've been tired of Patou pour Homme, thought I never wanted to wear it again, sold eleven ounces and later reacquired the same amount. But until there's a giant transformational leap in the way perfumes are made, it's far too good to ever be dated. In the greater scheme of things that word is usually fairly meaningless anyway.
    Last edited by pluran; 24th October 2011 at 03:54 AM.