Code of Conduct

Thread: Reformulations

Default Reformulations

My dear friends,

as we all know, every frag has been reformulated...

Wich reformulated frag is the closest to the orignal without almost any difference ? Name a few :-)

greetings !
    Renz

Blog Entries

Default Re: Reformulations

Hi Renz!

My opinion, based on what I have seen here, is that Gucci Envy For Men (about to be discontinued, if not already so) was relatively untouched in the reformulation that everybody noticed in the changed color. So buying any Envy for Men right now is smart.

Also Derby deserves honorable mention. At least as of the bee bottles.

Egoiste - I first smelled the vintage, and then the recent formulation. I felt that I could detect the change, but that it was actually a good change to my nose. The newer version seemed more in tune with modern tastes, yet the difference was very subtle.

Yatagan - similar story. I smelled vintage first, then bought the recent stuff. I was pleasantly surprised that the "oomph" was still there.

For me: Eau Sauvage

Patchouli 24. Remains primarily unaltered.

for swap/sale:

So does buying a bottle of DHI, Kouros, or Fahrenheit these days mean you're getting less quality than it's original release? It's sad they do that to us.

I don't understand the question. Fragrances are reformulated much more often than we know. The only ones we find out about are the ones that are either clearly different smelling or announced by the producer (which is an extremely rare phenomena, some would even deny it when it's so obvious). A less effective method of finding out is observing an indirect indication such as a new bottle or advertisement campaign as those are usually accompanied by a reformulation.

So, the closest ones are probably the ones we don't even know about. That's why I found your question to be a paradox. Unless I am missing something

You don't understand my question or the original question?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    I don't understand the question. Fragrances are reformulated much more often than we know. The only ones we find out about are the ones that are either clearly different smelling or announced by the producer (which is an extremely rare phenomena, some would even deny it when it's so obvious). A less effective method of finding out is observing an indirect indication such as a new bottle or advertisement campaign as those are usually accompanied by a reformulation.

So, the closest ones are probably the ones we don't even know about. That's why I found your question to be a paradox. Unless I am missing something

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post

Ekove,

I think that most of the time, you will notice the difference.. In the case of acqua di Gio f.e., you can smell that the frag is not so strong anymore...

But in case of Obsession for men and Giorgio Beverly Hill for men, the reformulations are very well done, so that is what I mean..

Have a nice weekend, everybody !