Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Beautyencounter.com - HIGHLY Recommended !

I bought 16 bottles of EDT from them last week

I'm in Denmark, Europe, they are - I believe - in California, USA.

They are cheaper than Fragrancenet.com, but don't offer the same discounts always and shipping to Denmark is double that of Fragrancenet - BUT I received the stuff quite fast (8 days) and everything was TOP NOTCH !

They had protected the bottles very nicely - firstly they shipped it as I suggested to them, in one big box, secondly they protected that big box very well by placing it into an even larger big box - so outsides bumps would not effect and destroy the precious EDT bottles inside the parcel.

Secondly everything came sealed and in small airtight bags inside the box for extra protection.

I can only recommend this shop to everyone in Europe !!

I will definitely buy my next 16-18 bottles of EDT at Beautyencounter next month.
    Hope to get the 15% discount I got last time, but as I say they don't offer the same discount day in day out, as fragrancenet does.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Default Re: Beautyencounter.com - HIGHLY Recommended !

Good news. As I discovered beautyencounter some months ago, I couldn't beleive it. Some Annick Goutal fragrances -63 % !!! I did not buy anything, because I didn't know if this online-store is ok. Now I can order some Goutal's Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    I bought 16 bottles of EDT from them last week

I'm in Denmark, Europe, they are - I believe - in California, USA.

They are cheaper than Fragrancenet.com, but don't offer the same discounts always and shipping to Denmark is double that of Fragrancenet - BUT I received the stuff quite fast (8 days) and everything was TOP NOTCH !

They had protected the bottles very nicely - firstly they shipped it as I suggested to them, in one big box, secondly they protected that big box very well by placing it into an even larger big box - so outsides bumps would not effect and destroy the precious EDT bottles inside the parcel.

Secondly everything came sealed and in small airtight bags inside the box for extra protection.

I can only recommend this shop to everyone in Europe !!

I will definitely buy my next 16-18 bottles of EDT at Beautyencounter next month.
    Hope to get the 15% discount I got last time, but as I say they don't offer the same discount day in day out, as fragrancenet does.
    If you're buying this number of bottles EVERY month, then you've got a SERIOUS addiction!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine View Post
    Good news. As I discovered beautyencounter some months ago, I couldn't beleive it. Some Annick Goutal fragrances -63 % !!! I did not buy anything, because I didn't know if this online-store is ok. Now I can order some Goutal's Thanks.
    You're very welcome
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HDD8 View Post
    If you're buying this number of bottles EVERY month, then you've got a SERIOUS addiction!!!!!
    I'm not - just started to rediscover my passion for designer frags 2 months ago.

Had been a fume frag head in my late teens in the 80's and continued into the early 90's. Had maybe 30-35 bottles at that time, mostly after shaves.

Then gave them away to my father and brother and decided to only have 3-4 EDT bottles in rotation from 95-2011.
    Then I found a passion for DE Shaving in August and bought a dozen high end shavecreams and then found Penhaligon, Aqua di Parma and Truefitt scents in online shops - and then by accident found a clone of my old favourite, Davidoff Classic - called Arran Bay Citrus. Wrote a post about it in here, and then my old interest for frags came back, and even stronger - and I've bought 60 bottles og EDT 100-125-200 ml the last 2 months.

Will buy another 20 bottles and then start to add 8-10 niche frags from Creed, Lutens, Malle and Penhaligon and then hit the breaks and maybe buy 4-5 frags every 5-6 months from then on
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Post Thanks / Like

Luckyscent is good but nothing outstanding. Just a few samples here and there.
    Accessoriesforfragrances.com send you a bunch of extra stuff like different size funnels, tubs, syringes and so on.
    I actually ordered from the stuff they included as freebies.
    Traum vernichtung

for swap/sale:

I just had a great experience with Beauty Encounter while ordering my Washington Square. Fast service and packed well.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank You. This kind of info is always so welcome!

Beauty Encounter is a great discounter with a great selection and good prices. I have bought from them numerous times and will still buy if they have what I want.

Lately, however, they have been shipping boxed fragrances in bubble envelopes. The result is a dented and smashed cardboard box. This does not seem to happen with orders of more than two fragrances, as they are obliged to mail in a sturdy cardboard box.

So far, www.parfum1.com has always shipped ordered fragrances, even one box, in cardboard boxes. The staff at parfum1 are more accessible by phone than those at Beauty Encounter.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Beauty Encounter is a great discounter with a great selection and good prices. I have bought from them numerous times and will still buy if they have what I want.

Lately, however, they have been shipping boxed fragrances in bubble envelopes. The result is a dented and smashed cardboard box. This does not seem to happen with orders of more than two fragrances, as they are obliged to mail in a sturdy cardboard box.

So far, www.parfum1.com has always shipped ordered fragrances, even one box, in cardboard boxes. The staff at parfum1 are more accessible by phone than those at Beauty Encounter.
    Oki - what do you think about price level of parfum1 compared to Beautyencounter and do perfum1 also have frequent discount Offers like FragranceNet have (10 or 15% off) ?

Thanks
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beauty Encounter - Highly recommended

After reading reviews of online retailers, I placed an order with Fragrancenet for Creed Original Vetiver. Four days later and the bottle still had not shipped, so I cancelled my order and placed it with Beauty Encounter.

Glad I did - legit bottle, great packaging and fast, free shipping. 2.5 oz for $112.50.

The bottle was packaged in a box with nearly three-layers of big bubble wrap. They added shrink-wrap to the Creed box, which threw me off at first, but it is definitely a real (probably "gray" market) bottle. It is a 2009 batch; the lot # was not filed off the bottle as others have experienced. Overall, it took four business days from order to receipt of the bottle. Much faster than Fragrancenet. Highly recommended.

If you are considering ordering Creed online, I think Beauty Encounter is a great spot. One way to ease your nerves is to compare your box and bottle to the pictures in these threads: Badger & Blade: Real GIT & Basenotes: Fake GIT

Also, the first two sprays smelled off to me, but after squirting a few down the sink, the smell is the same as my Neiman's sample. I've read others have experienced the same thing with Creed and other fragrances, so don't evaluate the authenticity on the first spray!
    Last edited by Chip; 3rd February 2012 at 07:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Default Re: Beauty Encounter - Highly recommended

I have gotten many fragrances from them with out any problems.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Never used them. Thanks for the tip.

They have good service, but we wary. Sometimes they list items "in stock" but are actually out of the item.

They also have the annoying habit of sending fragrances in their boxes but in a padded bubble mailer instead of a cardboard box.

Overall, I am happier with Fragrancenet as they always ship in cardboard boxes.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

they ship fast and package well. just dont expect to get replies to your emails.

Post Thanks / Like

to bad they dont ship USPS to Canada

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered Creed MI from them last year and the serial number was filed off the glass. When I pulled the bottle out of the box, I got glass dust on my fingers which pissed me off, so I sent it back to them. They wanted to charge me a high percentage restocking fee to return the product, but I called and raised hell so they waived the fee, which I was happy about. I just wasn't going to accept a new bottle with scratched up glass and glass dust all over it.

I placed an order with them just yesterday for something. Some of the items in their stocklist are difficult to come by - and their priority postage to my remote country, though inherently rather steep at 40 USD, is better than I've seen elsewhere. So I'm pleased to see this thread this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    After reading reviews of online retailers, I placed an order with Fragrancenet for Creed Original Vetiver. Four days later and the bottle still had not shipped, so I cancelled my order and placed it with Beauty Encounter.
    That's one of the down sides with Fragrancenet. I had a similar issue when I ordered my Creed Himalaya from them. It took over two weeks for me to get my shipment. I emailed them multiple times and they never responded. I finally decided to call them and they weren't very helpful (just said if I don't get my shipment within x number of days, I should go ahead and cancel).

During that ordeal, I requested for them to at least give me a nice discount coupon code or something for my troubles, no luck.

Overall, their shipping & customer service isn't so great, but their fragrances & prices are pretty good. My Himalaya lasts me over 10 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

I got my mouchoir de monsieur from there. Legit site.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got Bond's Harrod's Oud (sans crystals) for a great price! They get some great items and sell at a fantastic price, but beware, sometimes those hard to get items, like what I bought sell out quickly.

I have made four orders with this outfit and have nothing but praise.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    I ordered Creed MI from them last year and the serial number was filed off the glass. When I pulled the bottle out of the box, I got glass dust on my fingers which pissed me off, so I sent it back to them. They wanted to charge me a high percentage restocking fee to return the product, but I called and raised hell so they waived the fee, which I was happy about. I just wasn't going to accept a new bottle with scratched up glass and glass dust all over it.
    That sucks. Glad they waived the fee.

Are they able to declare a lower value and mark as a gift when shipping? Because here in Brazil we have astronomical high taxes when the package arrives if the sender don´t help us. The fee is from 60-100% of total value, including shipping costs.

Post Thanks / Like

never had any problems with them
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Post Thanks / Like

Love Beauty Encounter's packaging of the order - always arrives safe and secure and appears to be done with attention.

(Some other discounters are less careful and the contents suffer as a result. Some NEVER reply to emails, though I have received a good number of magazines from one of them as a result of a complaint. Like the Details mag the best so far! )
    “interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art.” - Susan Sontag

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fhaoilgeal View Post
    Love Beauty Encounter's packaging of the order - always arrives safe and secure and appears to be done with attention.
    +1
    same experience here.
    VERY recommended

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also a big fan of Beauty Encounter. (just placed a $200 order with them last night). They have a really good selection of some hard to find limited editions and discontinued designer scents & flankers. Also, they have a large number of samples & mini's, & testers as well. And generally, their prices are near the best.

I've had good luck with all of my orders from BE so far, and even though they are farther away from me (on the west coast), they are my favorite online dealer (at least for designer fragrances).

Post Thanks / Like

Highly recommended and if you live on the westcoast it will get to you even faster.

Beauty encounter is my go to for online shopping. Great selection without a problem

Post Thanks / Like

In general they are very nice to work with, yet a caveat - over the years I have had to return a bottle here or there for various reasons; the last one being the Bois du Portugal was ten years old. But I digress - each time they held off refunding my credit card until I called inquirying as to why my credit card had not yet been refunded - only then do they do it. Kind of shady.

Oh yes, that was the other thing - they charged me a 15% restocking fee when it was their error, fault.
    Last edited by neal; 7th February 2012 at 12:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had good and bad experiences with them. Their customer service can be dreadful. They have not returned emails or took several calls to refund my money on an order they cancelled. I've had other problems I won't go into here. I haven't had any issues with fragrancenet or parfum1. They also tend to be cheaper.

I had an infuriating experience with them that turned me off big time. Too tiresome for complete details, but it involved the wrong item being shipped twice. The second time I just kept the frag they sent, since it was of higher dollar value than the one I actually ordered. It came in handy as a birthday gift, to someone who loved it, so no loss to me. But my eagerness to deal with them was permanently cooled.

This was just what happened to me a few months ago (I don't recall glass dust, just the defaced number), only they did NOT waive the fee for restocking the MI after several emails back and forth. I will never order from Beauty Encounter again and would encourage others not to either.

My experiences have always been good with fragrancex.com, and never have I gotten a defaced serial number. That's where I order MI and other Creeds from, when they're in stock.
    Current Top Ten:

1. Creed Millesime Imperial
    2. Serge Lutens Chergui
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Creed Virgin Island Water
    5. Chanel Eau de Cologne
    6. Thierry Mugler Pure Havane
    7. Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme
    8. Bulgari Blu
    9. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    10. YSL Kouros

Post Thanks / Like

Beauty Encounter and Parfums1 are my two go-to's.

Post Thanks / Like

Beauty Encounter is really good one.I bought three fragrances,very very fast...Highly recommended too...

I just got some M.I from Beautyencounter. My box is also shrink wrapped, and the lot # on the box might indicate it's old juice. EMB 77477A is what's on the box, the LOT# on the bottle has been ground off.

The atomizer does have the white ring around it and the box seems to be of the right quality as well as the card and creed history.. but I'm still a bit concerned this may be old?

Angry Beauty Encounter not recommended

I have been a member of Basenotes for sometime and like most we read and to a certain extent follow recommendations based on what we read. In the case of Beauty Encounter I have read they are highly recommended. On this basis I ordered a product from them on Sunday 25 November 2012 and paid immediately via Papal. Received the usual notification form Paypal which I will I will paste showing the transaction complete and the money being available for them to take. Two days later I see the item as being unpaid on EBAY. I call Beauty Encounter and left two messages. I emailed them twice showing them my Papal notification and requesting some action.. To date no one has contacted me or replied to my email,but this morning I get a notification from Ebay that I have an Unpaid item case. I called Ebay and they advised I should call Beauty encounter back once again and if I do not receive any action form them Ebay would remove the Unpaid Item case.
    The reason I make this public is the fact that this community has to be careful about what is written in praise of vendors. It is quite possible these said same vendors are praising themselves.
    If I am breaching any rules by posting the following information please remove. My thought is I just need to provide the proof of the ineptitude of this Outfit.

Nov 25, 2012 00:40:41 PST
    Transaction ID:
    Hello

You authorized a transaction to Beauty Encounter. Money won't leave your account until Beauty Encounter processes your order.
    (info@beautyencounter.com)
    Thanks for using PayPal. To see the full transaction details, log in to your PayPal account. Keep in mind, it may take a few moments for this transaction to appear.

Description Unit price Qty Amount

$39.90 USD 1 $39.90 USD
    Subtotal $39.90 USD
    Total $39.90 USD
    Payment $39.90 USD

Business Name:
    Beauty Encounter
    Email:
    info@beautyencounter.com

Authorized Amount:
    -$39.90 USD
    Fee amount:
    $0.00 USD
    Net amount:
    -$39.90 USD

Item amount:
    $39.90 USD
    Sales Tax:
    $0.00 USD
    Shipping:
    $0.00 USD
    Handling:
    $0.00 USD
    Quantity:

Invoice ID:

Date:
    Nov 25, 2012
    Time:
    00:40:41 PST
    Completed
    Shipping Address:

United States
    Confirmed

For those who may answer before you do, know this..It can never be a case of my account not having enough money if you know what I mean...So this cannot be the reason.. This Outfit is the worst. Now return calls or answered E-mails.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Beauty Encounter not recommended

Try calling them directly again at 888-617-2488.

I am not affiliated with Beauty Encounter. I've ordered from them approx. 12 times and I've never had a problem. I've only used a credit card, not Pay Pal.
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 29th November 2012 at 11:05 PM.

Default Re: Beauty Encounter not recommended

Called this morning for the 5th time as instructed by Ebay..No one mans any phone and another message was left. If they are away on vacation a message should be left saying so. At no time can you get someone answering a phone 24 hrs a day.

- - - Updated - - -

Called this morning for the 5th time as instructed by Ebay..No one mans any phone and another message was left. If they are away on vacation a message should be left saying so. At no time can you get someone answering a phone 24 hrs a day.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I can understand your frustration. It is very possible there was a glitch with Paypal transmitting the payment information to BE. I had that happen with me a couple of months ago after placing an order with Beautyhabit. Paypal did not transmit the payment to them.

Have you tried contacting Paypal?

In regards to contacting them, have you tried 888.617.2488? Keep in mind, they are a West Coast company, and their hours of operation are 8AM - 5PM PST.
    Last edited by PalmBeach; 29th November 2012 at 04:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    I can understand your frustration. It is very possible there was a glitch with Paypal transmitting the payment information to BE. I had that happen with me a couple of months ago after placing an order with Beautyhabit. Paypal did not transmit the payment to them.

Have you tried contacting Paypal?

In regards to contacting them, have you tried 888.617.2488? Keep in mind, they are a West Coast company, and thier hours of operation are 8AM - 5PM PST.
    I've had that happen too...I didn't receive my product for several weeks nor shipping notice (this was from another company, unrelated to fragrances. And a very good company that I happily order from often.) so I emailed to see what was up. They told me they had never received payment, when I told them I used Paypal they asked me if the payment number (the invoice number) was 0000000000000 (however many digits.) It was.

She told me for some reason that happens sometimes, it's a glitch with Paypal. I paid again and no problem (I don't remember if I canceled that paypal order or what...but I never did get charged twice whatever I did.)

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

Before they were called beautyencounter.com, they were perfumebay.com:

http://www.internetlibrary.com/cases/lib_case523.cfm

In future, I'll avoid using them on eBay, and stick to their online store.

I now need to report on where I have reached with Beauty Encounter. I used the number given by Palm Beach and was able to reach a live person..the situation is as follows. Beauty encounter has been paid and have shipped off the article. they provided me with a tracking number. The information as I have provided here is correct and accurate. My query of why have I not been answered via e-mails or phone were met with let's deal with one thing at a time. Further they see no order on my behalf via their Ebay store so are at a loss as to why it reflects unpaid. They confirm my order was made online at their store and not Ebay. I vouchsafe to say there is a problem here. Poor communication and the number that appears as their contact number is not answered,another forum members gives me a live number...Some things need to be changed and explanations given.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't help but wonder if someone in there is running a scam with a fake ebay store and your info? It's possible...maybe i'm being cynical.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to give you a hard time, but think about it. You ordered over the biggest shopping weekend of the year, they are probably inundated with e-mails from people, including yourself.

Bottom line, they got your order, and shipped your order in a timely manner.

The rest, is up to you if you want to do business with them again or not based on the past couple of days, but judge them better when it is not so wildly crazy with Black Friday through Cyber Monday.

By the way, the phone number was listed on their website under Customer Care . . Order Inquiry. You were calling their order line.

Customer Service is not the best at this outfit for sure.

I have had similar horror stories from Beauty Encounter. Never again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    to bad they dont ship USPS to Canada
    This is the ONLY reason that I do not buy from Beauty Encounter. I hate UPS with a passion, and will not buy from anybody that usese them.