Code of Conduct

Default Reflection Men Amouage....Why so many negative review??

Hi,
    I' sampled Reflection men last saturday, and for me iit is a good scent! Why on basenotes review there are so many negative review?? To my nose, it is a very ood scent.
    Why there is this low love??
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Reflection Men Amouage....Why so many negative review??

I like it too. But maybe people don't like it because it reminds them of Joop homme?

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, i'm happy that Reflection Man gets negative reviews on here as i'd hate to think that it would become popular.

So sssshh, lets keep it that way

I would like to buy a 50 ml bottle. On the box there is write "EDT". Is the vintage version? In theory it should be exactly the same juice of the new EDP with rectangular bottle...right?

I don't pay attention that much to reviews. I simply am not fond of how it smells.

It could be because as far as Amouage goes, Reflection man is a rather "safe" scent. Fans of this house are probably dissapointed that they would put out something so generic. Also it does get compared to JPG Le Male a lot, and we all know how people feel about that one. The pricetag may also have something to do with it.

Different between EDT and EDP??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Francesco View Post
    I would like to buy a 50 ml bottle. On the box there is write "EDT". Is the vintage version? In theory it should be exactly the same juice of the new EDP with rectangular bottle...right?
    The older juice labeled EDT is the exact same as the present juice marketed as EDP. I've owned both.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears".

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES - Neil Morris Takashimaya, Vero Profumo Mito, Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Aventus, Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (vintage), Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Opus Oils Mother EDP, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Slumberhouse Jeke, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Intensa Oud & Xerjoff Gao

Post Thanks / Like

My expectations were much different than what I got. I wasn't expecting a supersweet synthetic orris/jasmine bomb. I was expecting a much greener/woodier scent, with more neroli and less femme powderiness.

I really liked it for about an hour and then it wound up smelling similar to the dry down of LeMale which I can't stand so it became a no go for me. The opening was pretty awesome though.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Post Thanks / Like

Its a great scent, I dont understand all the negativity. Its a great versatile scent. I get so many compliments form so many people with this one.

It's a combination of the fact fans of the amouage house find it too broing compared to their other fragrances and the fact it smells mainstream: a word typically used negatively here.

I think is the hate for Le Male.

Le Male > Amouage

Post Thanks / Like

I cant help but think that niche companies like Amouage become a victim of their success in the fragrance world. What with all the high end marketing and hefty prices that add to the exclusive nature of their products. When I approach a scent like Reflection, I do so with high expections as do many others. It is not enough to treat it in the same way as a generic mainstreet fragrance. I expect more for my time and investment with anything from Amouage et al. In saying that, I have no hesitation in writing it off as foul if it does not fit my scent preferences or what others before me have relegated as an also ran.
    An aside about Reflection. I purchased some and put a little bit on my wrist before my gf came home from work. She needed some help on her notebook and asked me to help her. I duly accepted and felt like I was killing two birds with the one stone: she could smell my new fragrance while I fixed the computer. After about 5mins, she says to me " what are you wearing , it smells vile" I never had that same comment on any scent I had worn up to this.

I am not a fan of this scent. Too ordinary and nothing special about it. The quality is very average, and I have smelled a ton of colognes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Francesco View Post
    Hi,
    I' sampled Reflection men last saturday, and for me iit is a good scent! Why on basenotes review there are so many negative review?? To my nose, it is a very ood scent.
    Why there is this low love??
    Francesco
    I tell you : some people bother the fact that an expensive niche house like Amouage release a semi-sweet peppery and romantic scent like Reflection. For me, Reflection is nice and that´s all what I care.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2