Code of Conduct
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Shopping

Default Re: Could youl tell me your favorite webstore with worldwide shipping? Help us all.

I have to modify my post. I said the FragranceX doesn't do free worldwide shipping anymore but I just figured out that if you type in "Free" in as the discount code, they WILL give you free shipping.

Default Re: Could youl tell me your favorite webstore with worldwide shipping? Help us all.

I was a great advocate of fragrancex, used them a hell of a lot, until they got rid of free shipping - it is no longer available as far as I can see, the site accepts the code free as a discount code, but subsequently adds shipping at final screen.

Pity, as I for one, was more tham willing to wait the 3-4 weeks delivery in exchange for free shipping.

Just checked fragrancex. I just tried using paypal on it and it seemed as if in the final payment stage they dont charge you for shipping when you use that coupon code. I wish I knew this before I bought from fragrancenet! Fragrancex is legit right?

Default Good reputable online store with low prices?

Which store/stores are the most trusted with the lowest prices that member from the forum buy from?

How much of a discount is there between say like sephora and an online store, is it significant like $15-$20 or just $5-$10?

Default Re: Good reputable online store with low prices?

Parfum 1
    99 Perfumes
    Fragrancenet
    Fragrancex

luckyscent.com
    Not to low in prices but surely reputable and accessible to hard to find perfumes.

for swap/sale:

Amazon.com

Ok this is confusing and wierd. I looked up price for Bleu de Chanel
    Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Bleu-Chanel-Pa.../dp/B0041C8S84

Sephora: http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...uctID=FMBDC003

Why is Sephora $79 for the 3.4 oz bottle whereas amazon is is more expensive at $100+

I thought online would be cheaper. I also could not find this at the above mentioned recommended websites.

Make sure you shop around. if you are looking for Chanel frags, you are not going to find any with any sort of discount. You will have to pay full price for Chanel fragrances.

Default Sell exclusively on the internet

Hi everybody!

Do you know about any brand that sells EXCLUSIVELY on the internet or online stores (e.g. some niche brand...)

Thank u!
    Last edited by waxike; 1st December 2011 at 12:54 PM.

Default Re: Sell exclusively on the internet

Some of the Lab on Fire are only sold online for some time.

for swap/sale:

Default Discounters

What websites have ya gone to an have had no problems on authencity?
    Fragrencenet i bought YSL Nuit an it is outstanding!
    Fragrancex i bought my sample of versace man. (went to ebay an bought the 3.4oz an it smells diffrent)

New one i seen today is fragraneshop, anybody ever done buisness with them?

Default Re: Dissocunters

Not sure what "dissocunters" means. Not sure I want to know....
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

That's one heck of a word there.

LOL at the two responses

Reminds me of a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode titled "Beloved Aunt". Those who watch the show know what I'm talking about. Larry was in charge of submitting the obituary in the newspaper for his wife's sister. OK, here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpDiZ...8A9F2228D3712E
    Last edited by jclaxton78; 10th December 2011 at 05:54 PM.
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do." J.G.

Discounters.
    Dissocunters is a typo of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-yuuup View Post
    Discounters.
    Dissocunters is a typo of some sort.
    We know, it's just a really humorous one.
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do." J.G.

Parfum1
    99Perfume.com

scentedmonkey.com

By the way, they have free shipping this week. Prices are best I've found too.

Dissocunter. Damn.

Scentedmonkey is pretty cool, fragrancenet is nice, too. I've had great luck with eBay as well from various reputable sellers. Then again, I don't buy a lot of things that are commonly counterfeited. I would never buy a creed from anywhere but the basenotes sellers forum or from a legit counter.

Quote Originally Posted by jclaxton78 View Post
    scentedmonkey.com

By the way, they have free shipping this week. Prices are best I've found too.
    I will share a recent experience with scentedmonkey regards to customer service rather than authenticity. I recently placed an order and within 24 hours I requested to cancel the order via their customer service link. It was the weekend so I waited until Monday for a reply. I did not receive a reply so I phoned their customer service on Tuesday. When I spoke with the cs rep they asked why I wanted to cancel and I told them we changed our mind. They then told me that the order already shipped. I was a little perturbed as they say they check customer service emails and promptly respond. They then told me that they would do what they could to bring the shipment back and that they would call me. I thanked them. I later received an email that my order was canceled due to being out of stock. How the hell does that happen. An out of stock item ships. Oh if I didn't mention I was also charged for that out of stock item that shipped. Two days later my account was credited but that will be the last order they get from me. Gray marked has shrunk but perfume retailers sites show product they don't have and it ticks me off. Similar thing happened to me with a site called Perfumeking .net. I took a chance as they had M7 at about 20% less than anyone else and I was going to receive free shipping. I wasn't charged but my order was awaiting processing for 2 weeks. I wrote to the status and never received a reply. I figured this warrants a phone call. The person who helped was rather rude to me. I told them that I was following up on an email I sent regarding an order. They didn't ask my name or order number and told me that order was canceled and they emailed me. really. I told them I never received an email they then asked if my name was * and email was * to which I replied yes. They then said we canceled the order and removed the out of stock items from the site. After our phone call I visited the website and the items were still there but the prices had now gone up. Long post but a lot of BS if you ask me.

Parfum1 and Beauty Encounter are both reputable.

I've had to return items from scentedmonkey.com before and never had a problem (changed my mind on what I bought, nothing wrong with products). However, I have sent them emails before and it does take them a while to respond. I'm thinking they might be understaffed but who knows.

Default Re: Discounters

I've have good luck with the following:

Parfum1
    Beauty Encounter
    Big Discount Fragrances
    ScentedMonkey
    Fragrancenet
    Scentiments

if you want online store for clothes, then go for apparelnbags.com,
    complete clothing for men and women, kids from famous brands...
    pros:
    fast shipping, easy returns
    cons:
    Not any shoe on stock

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by cannotavoidtrite View Post
    strawberrynet.com always sends their stuff in very secure packing and the prices are decent.
    +3! Old thread but I must say I am very impressed with strawberrynet.com. Despite the price, Im only going to order from them if I ever do any online orders. Genuine, quick and safe.
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Default Where to get colognes online?

There are a lot of online cologne retailers like fragrancex, perfumania, fragrancenet, and handfulls more. Which of these are trustworthy? All or at least most of these offer pretty good deals, but I'm thinking they're too good to be true. Which sites do you buy your colognes from? Thanks Basenotes!

Default Re: Where to get colognes online?

The three you mentioned are all trustworthy IMO.

Also: Parfum 1, 99perfumes.com

Default Re: Where to get colognes online?

I like Fragrancenet, FragranceX, Scented Monkey, Beauty Encounter, and The Perfume Spot. I haven't had any problems with these. Also, The Perfumed Court is excellent for samples/decants of both designer and niche fragrances.

Default Online Retailers!

Hello everyone, This has been discussed many times with a quick search I did. But most of the info/threads are 2-3yrs old, some even older. I think this would probably help new BNers like myself and other that are just starting or looking to add to their collection like myself. So I started reading and searching which shops are worthy to buy from as I always buy retail, and I never bought fragrance from online retailer other then ebay and here from BN member. So I started this thread, maybe some veteran members can shed some light on this. So I added a bunch of online retailers and here users can comment about, there experience, shipping times, trustworthy ect. This would make everyone aware which shops are best. If there's a shop not on my list feel free to comment about it.

luckyscent
    theperfumedcourt

1001fragrance
    FragranceX
    Fragrancenet
    The Perfume Shoppe
    Beautyencounter
    perfumefactory
    Cheapsmell
    perfume emporium
    luxuryperfume
    perfume.com
    onlineshoppingx
    99perfume
    big discount fragrances

Strawberrynet
    first in fragrance
    escentual
    perfumewarehouse

Default Do you use online retailer?

I'm been reading up on different ones as theirs plenty. Which does everyone think are the most reliable ones, fast shipping ect. great prices. Does anyone have any experience with any of these. Thanks

luckyscent
    theperfumedcourt
    The Perfume Shoppe
    1001fragrance
    FragranceX
    Fragrancenet
    Strawberrynet

Default Re: Do you use online retailer?

Luckyscent is top notch but so are their prices.

Blog Entries

I buy from Luckyscent a good bit, both bottles and samples. Always been happy. Don't have any experience with the others. I've purchased a good bit from Amazon, too, without any problems.

All are legitimate but ive heard fragrancenet has poor customer service

TPC has an extensive variety but their prices and slow shipping hurt them in my books.

ok any experience with these, people seem to not have heard of 1001fragrance. All I know there based in Canada. Anyone experience from the other two shipping to Canada. Or even in the US, is it fast, slow ect...thanks

1001fragrance
    FragranceX
    Fragrancenet

I've purchased from FragranceX, with shipping to the UK - very happy with the service I got.

I have used Beauty Encounter, Fragrancex, and Scentiments. I'd quickly recommend the first two. I wonder about 99perfumes and Parfum1 myself.

Ok just an update, I recently made 3 separate order of 2 bottles from each of these online shops and here is my experience so far with shipping times. All orders were made at the same time, Monday Jan 16 2012.

1001fragrance: Canada based, ships out of Mississauga. Order confirmed on the 17th. Shipped on the 18th arrived on the 20th.

Fragrancenet: USA base, ships out of NY. Order confirmed on the 17th. Shipped on the 19th and arrived on the 24th

FragranceX: USA base, ships out of NY. Order confirmed on the 16th. Shipped on the 16th and still hasn't arrived and should be here in the next couple of days according to the tracking number.

Also ordered some samples from The Perfume Shoppe and that order should also be here in the next few days as that's being shipped from Vancouver, BC I believe.
    Last edited by Oupavoc; 26th January 2012 at 03:10 AM.

Ok just an other update, I recently made 3 separate order of 2 bottles from each of these online shops and here is my experience so far with shipping times. All orders were made at the same time, Monday Jan 16 2012.

1001fragrance: Canada based, ships out of Mississauga. Order confirmed on the 17th. Shipped on the 18th arrived on the 20th. So shipping time is 2 days, total days from date of order submitted is 3 days

Fragrancenet: USA base, ships out of NY. Order confirmed on the 17th. Shipped on the 19th and arrived on the 24th. So shipping time is 5 days, total days from date of order submitted is 7 days

FragranceX: USA base, ships out of NY. Order confirmed on the 16th. Shipped on the 16th and arrived on the 26th. So shipping time is 10 days

Also ordered some samples from The Perfume Shoppe and that order should also be here in the next few days as that's being shipped from Vancouver, BC I believe.

Also ordered 50 atomizers should be here soon. Shipping out of USA from Arizona I believe.

Ok just an other update, I recently made 3 separate order of 2 bottles from each of these online shops and here is my experience so far with shipping times. All orders were made at the same time, Monday Jan 16 2012.

1001fragrance: Canada based, ships out of Mississauga. Order confirmed on the 17th. Shipped on the 18th arrived on the 20th. So shipping time is 2 days, total days from date of order submitted is 3 days

Fragrancenet: USA base, ships out of NY. Order confirmed on the 17th. Shipped on the 19th and arrived on the 24th. So shipping time is 5 days, total days from date of order submitted is 7 days

FragranceX: USA base, ships out of NY. Order confirmed on the 16th. Shipped on the 16th and arrived on the 26th. So shipping time is 10 days

Also ordered 50 atomizers should be here soon. Shipping out of USA from Arizona I believe.

Ok my samples came in today but I have mixed feeling, two of my samples leaked, one not so bad but the SL Ambre Saltan leaked bad, idk if I have enough to make a decent test out of it. Should I email CS?

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default Online perfume sites that are relatively cheap and safe.

I am always reading posts where persons are purchasing designer fragrances for very cheap, $30.00 or less. Can anyone please let me know of an online site where I can make such purchases. In N.Y.C. every thing is so damn expensive. Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Online perfume sites that are relatively cheap and safe.

fragrancex.com

Basenotes Plus

Funny, you are in the heart of online discounter. There are a bunch of them out on the Island. One of the largest is fragrancenet.com. There is also parfum1.com and fragrancex as mentioned above is out there too.

Parfum 1 & 99 Perfume

Not a perfume site per se, but they carry the Czech & Speake line: http://www.themandonstore.com/

I just received a bottle of No. 88 and one of Cuba from them. I have to say that - never having heard of them before - I was a little worried. I emailed them asking about product availability and they replied very quickly. Overall, it was a great experience buying online (which is often not the case with discounters). I recommend this site to anyone looking to buy Czech & Speake fragrances at good prices. The shipping to Europe was also decent (7.50 Euros).

Note: this is a UK based website
    Last edited by dilney; 16th July 2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: add store location

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by lainak View Post
    I buy from this site beauty-parfum.com, I can assure that you will not find cheaper )))
    Maybe the reason they are cheaper than anyone else, they sell fake products.

Not sure i you have had a chance to read their disclaimer:

All items are not genuine and produced in Europe and UAE by licence.

Default Online ordering

Hi I'm new to basenotes and was wondering if you guys could suggest a few of the safest online places to buy Creeds or other fragrances in general. You always hear negatives about almost every website, so it makes it a little tougher to choose which one to purchase through. Also i was wondering if anyone has any experiences with ordering through perfume.com

Thanks

Dependent

Default Re: Online ordering

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fragrancenet.com is where i go to
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Fragrancenet or fragrancex are my go to places. Unfortunately they don't really carry niche fragrances besides Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Doggg View Post
    Fragrancenet or fragrancex are my go to places. Unfortunately they don't really carry niche fragrances besides Creed.
    +1 on these. If you are not looking for discounted prices, or you are looking to buy samples, the Perfume Shoppe and Luckyscent are great places to get stuff. Both of those sites carry a lot of niche brands (including Creed).

If you are outside of USA beware of delivery charges and hidden import taxes with both of those

Basenotes Plus

Only online purchase I've had is fragrancex.com. The scent is great, lives up to the standards and reviews. My problem was the bottle had different colored print on the front compared to what the real deal has.

So in summary, if you are a bottle collector, be careful. Those websites could have bottles that are unsellable on actual company websites due to an error in manufacturing.

Wow you guys respond really quickly! Thanks a lot!

99perfume.com
    parfum1.com

fragrancenet
    There basic shipping (free if you spend $70 I believe) takes some time, but it's worth it.

Luckyscent is good.
    "If you enjoy the fragrance of a rose, you must accept the thorns which it bears."
    -Isaac Hayes

I buy a lot of fragrances from overstock. There are two of these, but as I'm not sure if links here count as spam I won't post the individual links. PM me if you want both; one is slightly cheaper but their Creeds are almost always out of stock, but the other usually has a modest selection and at a good price. These two only ship to US customers though (I have a friend who takes my orders for me and then ships them along); beyond that there are three seperate Ebay sellers I trust.

One is in brazil and ships lighting-fast, most of my orders arrive the same week. She is also open to giving good discounts when one buys multiple items. However much of what she sells is testers and at the moment all she has is royal water, albiet at a very cheap price. Generally she has a better selection of other niche brands; Annick Goutal, Rance, Opulent Shaik, Perris and MPG. I've tested everything I've bought from her via a reference sample and never been dissapointed. Best of all on occasion she will also sell partly-used testers at huge discounts. I bought a half-full bottle of Annick Goutal's vetiver from her for $20 for example, an absolute steal!

Another has a modest selection at a fair discount, with good postage prices especially for combined orders. I've never purchased anything dodgy here, but as I've never purchased a Creed from this store I can't vouch for them there.

The last is less well-discounted, but has a better range (I rarely see some of the Creeds he sells at most discounters) and all come boxed, as normal retail versions, prices are between $150-170USD plus postage ($13 to Australia) although a nice bonus is he offers free gifts with larger purchases. So a single Creed bottle will come with a $30 gift. He also has a very small range of Sisley fragrances which I've bought, and can testify too. I can also testify to his other stock (Guerlain and so on) however I've never purchased anything by Creed from him so I can't tell you if they're genuine. That said it's a big store with good feedback, and the discount isn't crazy so I doubt they're pulling scams.

Default Which discount online retailers ship the quickest?

I'm in a pinch for time before Christmas! Thanks