Code of Conduct

Default Creed Feuille Verte - 2006 vs 2011 Comparison

Today I did a side by side comparison of Creed's 2006 and 2011 renditions of Feuille Verte. I had previously tested 2011 solo and my initial impressions were favorable. Less so now. I gave my left wrist two sprays of 2011; my right wrist two sprays of 2006.

Initially, I was impressed with the similarity of the topnotes. Indeed, I could not tell them apart. I thought the 2011 was perhaps a touch brighter, but not significantly so. As the drydown progressed, the differences became evident. The 2006 had a lush, green, oakmoss that dwarfs the 2011. The 2011 feels thinner, less powerful, less green. I think treemoss more than oakmoss. I think the 2011 is an okay fragrance, but compared to the 2006 it is a disappointment (probably due to IFRA). Also, I seem to get less of the jasmine in the 2011.

Before today, I was contemplating buying a flacon of the 2011 FV and selling my 2006 FV atomizer. After doing the side by side, I have decided to simply enjoy my last 20 mls and not buy the 2011. For me, the 2011 FV is a reminder that fragrances are modified and not always in a more pleasing way.

Default Re: Creed Feuille Verte - 2006 vs 2011 Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Do you think that aging, oxidation and evaporation could be the cause of the differences in how the scent behaves. I ask because I have some Vintage Tabarome that is from a flacon and I recently got a small amount from a tester that was full, and therefore pretty much airtight. The one from the flacon is darker and richer in color and the juice itself is "thicker", the topnotes are not as bright, and the base is richer and more pronounced, it's as if the juice is somehow concentrated. Longevity and sillage are better than the tester juice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PEARL View Post
    Do you think that aging, oxidation and evaporation could be the cause of the differences in how the scent behaves.
    I don't think that is the case here. I don't think the aging makes oakmoss more pronounced. And the 2011 juice doesn't match my memories of FV going back to 2007 (when I bought it).

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Today I did a side by side comparison of Creed's 2006 and 2011 renditions of Feuille Verte. I had previously tested 2011 solo and my initial impressions were favorable. Less so now. I gave my left wrist two sprays of 2011; my right wrist two sprays of 2006.

Initially, I was impressed with the similarity of the topnotes. Indeed, I could not tell them apart. I thought the 2011 was perhaps a touch brighter, but not significantly so. As the drydown progressed, the differences became evident. The 2006 had a lush, green, oakmoss that dwarfs the 2011. The 2011 feels thinner, less powerful, less green. I think treemoss more than oakmoss. I think the 2011 is an okay fragrance, but compared to the 2006 it is a disappointment (probably due to IFRA). Also, I seem to get less of the jasmine in the 2011.

Before today, I was contemplating buying a flacon of the 2011 FV and selling my 2006 FV atomizer. After doing the side by side, I have decided to simply enjoy my last 20 mls and not buy the 2011. For me, the 2011 FV is a reminder that fragrances are modified and not always in a more pleasing way.
    Fascinating. Did anybody else compare in (some) depth the two FV, please?

I'm very content with the original release of this fragrance in my collection and will pass on its re-release.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRightOne View Post
    Fascinating. Did anybody else compare in (some) depth the two FV, please?
    Hey Mazeltov! Welcome back!!

Basenotes Institution

Very interesting, thanks for posting this scentsitivity
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac