Code of Conduct

Wink November Will Take Me Broke - Le Labo City Exclusives vs. Creed's Feuille Verte

I sit in bed madly sniffing the back of my hands and forearms. No, I am not crazy, I am just trying to decide which pre-holiday releases by Le Labo and Creed I can justify spending money on. I sprayed samples of various Le Labo Exclusives and Creed's Feuille Verte and need help justifying which of the three scents I should purchase: (1) Gaiac 10; (2) Poivre 13; and (3) Creed's FV (I refuse to even consider holding out for Creed's 250th anniversary scent).

I enjoy each of the three for very different reasons and would appreciate anyone's input. Thanks!! (Also, if there are any other men's releases you think I should consider for my pre-holiday purchase, let me know).

Default Re: November Will Take Me Broke - Le Labo City Exclusives vs. Creed's Feuille Verte

I'm in the exact same boat plus I'm considering Bond No 9's refill event. The only advice I can give you: Ramen Noodles are a excellent alternative to costly meats and vegetables.

1000th Post -- BooYah!

Default Re: November Will Take Me Broke - Le Labo City Exclusives vs. Creed's Feuille Verte

Congratulations!!!!

Congrats!! haha this thread was my fifth.
    Last edited by Lancel; 27th October 2011 at 10:48 PM.

Sur la Plage

Any of the Le Labo's - NOT the Creed.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 28th October 2011 at 07:08 AM.

Creed's Feuille Verte

Sorry to stray from topic up there -- Back on track: The City Exclusives are super-pricey, but remember that they're refillable at a slightly cheaper cost, plus you can refill them at at any Le Labo, even if they are city exclusives. In a way, you're buying the rights to easy refills. I myself plan to go with Poivre and I'm still on the fence with FV.
    Last edited by MikeNY; 27th October 2011 at 10:51 PM.

I haven't tried the FV but the Poivre is a fantastic oriental. Breathtaking crushed black peppercorn opening and a balsamic drydown that lasts forever. Plus it excellent longevity and has amazing sillage so it's more bang for your bucks.

Banned

this thread should prove helpful relative to your Creed Feuille Verte decision http://www.basenotes.net/threads/286...011-Comparison

as to the Le Labo, both are excellent ... the complex Poivre with its spicy pepper, kiss of incense and soothing wood is juxtaposed alongside Gaiacs, an impressive minimalist with its soft musk and incense ... you are indeed caught between a rock and a hard place ....

and

Thanks dollars. You captured exactly why I enjoy the Le Labo scents. I really like the sillage and dry down of the Poivre. It develops into a warm/spicy fire place on my skin with a hint of sweetness--the balance is great. In terms of Gaiac, I originally hated the lightness, but 4 hours later it's developed into something I can't describe. I'll just say it smells like what I'd imagine a newly planted forest would smell like at 7am, if that makes any sense (stream of thought diarrhea, sorry). Anyways, I think I'm convincing myself to go the Le Labo line (purchasing both haha).

Now, do I buy 15ml gaiac + 50ml poivre or vice versa? Decisions, decisions. I'm not completely against FV, if anyone reads this and wants to do some kind of split--I'm open to suggestions if the "split is right." I'll have to search bn's for FV split/decant threads. As a newbie--I hate to ask, but how does that work? How do people pay each other if individuals aren't located in the same city (paypal?).
    Last edited by Lancel; 28th October 2011 at 02:41 AM.

Creed's Feuille Verte
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.