Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Any good anti aging face cream

Before I buy something new, I check Paula's Choice's Beautypedia for the latest reviews. It hasn't steered me wrong.
    http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautype..._published%7C0

You can search the Beautypedia by product type, filter it further (try dark spots) and then sort by price. No need to spend $$$ on Le Mer.

I currently use LaRochePosay for cleansing and moisture because my skin is sensitive. I also use Neutrogena night cream which is lightweight and works wonders on texture. I also use an AHA gel weekly for a "peel." Sunscreen is extremely important. Links to my faves below:

Peel: http://www.drugstore.com/alpha-hydro...2?catid=182945

Cleanser: http://www.drugstore.com/la-roche-po...3?catid=182308

Serum: http://www.drugstore.com/andalou-nat...8?catid=182270

Moisturizer: http://www.drugstore.com/la-roche-po...3?catid=184135

Additional sunscreen on top after the one above soaks in-- try: http://www.drugstore.com/kiss-my-fac...6?catid=184134

Eye cream: http://m.sephora.com/product/P385634...6BIaAhFV8P8HAQ

Night cream: http://www.drugstore.com/neutrogena-...6?catid=182945

The mexoryl in my day cream offers a lot of UVA (anti aging) protection and then I add a physical blocker on top of it to up the SPF. My sunscreens are great if you're sensitive and since they're cheap, I put them on my hands and neck everyday, too.
    Last edited by Kotori; 3rd March 2016 at 11:40 AM.
    "Hit a tripwire of smell and memories explode all at once.
    A complex vision leaps out of the undergrowth."
    -Diane Ackerman

Aesop and Erno Laszlo
    Currently wearing: Arcus by Amouage

Oils and creams are effective but when you use a machine with high frequency it's result is instant. You can see the result every after use. I use Lift Wand with morrocan argan oil. I just used it in a week and the result is obvious that they though I was using make up when I was just at home.

I used the Ageless product from Jeunesse Global

I found it on the Doctor Vincent Giampapa website. Is researched leaded to the creation of the product.

vincentgiampapa.com

Basenotes Member

Hi,
    Neutrogena Men Age Fighter Face Moisturizer is best.
    Thanks!!

Now I use Biotherm homme youth architect serum & eye cream serum ,my skin look younger and reduce small wrinkles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skinceuticals vitamin C serums, Phloretin CF for combo/oily or CE ferulic for normal/dry skin. Actually, www.cosmeticskinsolutions.com makes the EXACT same products at over 70% off.

Daily broad spectrum SPF, Elta MD and La Roche Posay make great ones, as do Skinceuticals.

A retinol based night cream to use a few times a week.

Maybe an eye cream/gel for puffiness and dark circles

I have a weakness for high end lines such as Sisley and ReVive, but enter at your own risk!
    Last edited by runstile; 21st September 2016 at 01:01 PM.
    Currently wearing: Néroli Sauvage by Creed

Just want to mention there are some excellent deals on eBay right now for the Zirh Platinum Skin Care Line. I've always liked Zirh products, and this is their high-end stuff.
    Currently wearing: Original Vetiver by Creed

I'm from Japan, and the cosmetic products here are pretty good for anti aging! Japanese men take care a lot of their skin and the range of cosmetic products for male grooming here is amazing! I recommend you to check one of our recent posts about Japanese Cosmetics for Men https://luxasshop.wordpress.com/2016...ducts-for-men/ and see if you like it!

Find a facial moisturizer with SPF 15 or more. Two product I got from the local drugstore and are readily available:

https://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Tr...isturizer&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Garnier-Skinc...garnier+roller
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

It'll always be harder to recover from ageing than it is to prevent signs of ageing. In saying that though, if you're looking for a natural one, Hunter's Lab does a great anti-ageing cream. Whereas if you have some extra cash, Elemis also does a really good one for men called Anti-Ageing Time for Men. Best of luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly.. IMO my friend.. there is no ANTI aging creme.. it all comes to marketing the sellers will make you believe it will keep you younger.

Here is my natural way of anti aging creme.. Rock the gym, don't drink a lot.. eat healthy.. don't drink beer.. don't smoke... keep smiling... and move on...
    Currently in my collection:
    Creed: Aventus, OS, OV, HM, MI, VIW, GIT.
    Mancera: Kumkat Wood and Cedrat Boise
    Designers: YSL Kouros, Givenchy Xeryus and Acqua di gio profumo.

Quote Originally Posted by Galanthus View Post
    Honestly.. IMO my friend.. there is no ANTI aging creme.. it all comes to marketing the sellers will make you believe it will keep you younger.

Here is my natural way of anti aging creme.. Rock the gym, don't drink a lot.. eat healthy.. don't drink beer.. don't smoke... keep smiling... and move on...
    I'm with you. I can't understand why people are fooled into thinking rubbing chemicals on their skin is going to stop them aging. Genetics are the major factor. Also, rubbing your skin creates wear. Years of rubbing in moisturiser will stretch the skin and increase sag, especially under the eyes where the skin is very thin and delicate.

I don't use sunscreen either. I don't like the idea of the sun's heat opening my pores to clog them with chemicals.

Fragrance is my chemical of choice.
    Currently wearing: Aer by Angela Ciampagna

Quote Originally Posted by Suspended View Post
    I'm with you. I can't understand why people are fooled into thinking rubbing chemicals on their skin is going to stop them aging. Genetics are the major factor. Also, rubbing your skin creates wear. Years of rubbing in moisturiser will stretch the skin and increase sag, especially under the eyes where the skin is very thin and delicate.

I don't use sunscreen either. I don't like the idea of the sun's heat opening my pores to clog them with chemicals.

Fragrance is my chemical of choice.
    Yes, honestly.. i don't understand people who believe that facial cremes will make you younger... so funny, how much people have a unhealthy habit eating junk-food all the time, not going to the gym, drinking to much alcohol and smoking a pack of cigarettes a day then the expect a "anti-aging" creme will fix this lol.

Off course it comes to genetics.. my mom is almost 60 and looks 45.. i am almost 30 and look 25.. when i am clean shaven i look 23.

People don't waste ur money.. on these legit scam products.

Yes, honestly.. i don't understand people who believe that facial cremes will make you younger... so funny, how much people have a unhealthy habit eating junk-food all the time, not going to the gym, drinking to much alcohol and smoking a pack of cigarettes a day then the expect a "anti-aging" creme will fix this lol.

Off course it comes to genetics.. my mom is almost 60 and looks 45.. i am almost 30 and look 25.. when i am clean shaven i look 23.

People don't waste ur money.. on these legit scam products.
    I remember standing with my Mum at the Clinique counter as some sales assistant was telling her how wonderful their anti-aging cream was. My Mum was listening with interest, all the while I'm looking at the sales assistant's face thinking she looked like a wrinkly old bag....so if the cream actually worked??
    Currently wearing: Aer by Angela Ciampagna

Quote Originally Posted by Suspended View Post
    I remember standing with my Mum at the Clinique counter as some sales assistant was telling her how wonderful their anti-aging cream was. My Mum was listening with interest, all the while I'm looking at the sales assistant's face thinking she looked like a wrinkly old bag....so if the cream actually worked??
    Hahahahahaha lmaooooooooo [emoji23] she uses it soooocmuch the SA she looks 60 years older lmao

NM

don't deceive with belief

Thanks for clarifying....I used to think you are Arjen Robben!

I apply moisturizer every night before bed and incorporated another one with UV protector in my morning routine.

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Thanks for clarifying....I used to think you are Arjen Robben!
    Actually i am good guess

Used and liked Perricone MD. Not sustainable since very expensive.

If you have started first time care your face then I would like to suggest you to used first herbal facial cream products they will help you to reduce aging looks.

Anyone here a fan of The Ordinary? The
    AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution has made a huge difference to my skin, as has Hylamide's Vitamin C Booster.

Truth is, the only things proven to help generate collagen production in the skin are Retinol, Vitamin C and acid peels, which are all irritating to a certain degree. I can't deal with highly concentrated active ingredients because they make my skin peel and look like I'm having facial dandruff which isn't a good look! To me it's all about prevention (SPF) and striking a balance with gentle formulations of the above.

I also use a generous amount of SPF 50 / PA ++++ sunscreen each day. Japanese formulations from Biore and Hada Labo work the best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    Anyone here a fan of The Ordinary? The
    AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution has made a huge difference to my skin, as has Hylamide's Vitamin C Booster.

Truth is, the only things proven to help generate collagen production in the skin are Retinol, Vitamin C and acid peels, which are all irritating to a certain degree. I can't deal with highly concentrated active ingredients because they make my skin peel and look like I'm having facial dandruff which isn't a good look! To me it's all about prevention (SPF) and striking a balance with gentle formulations of the above.

I also use a generous amount of SPF 50 / PA ++++ sunscreen each day. Japanese formulations from Biore and Hada Labo work the best for me.
    Hmm, I'll take note of this. It might come in handy in the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by SuedeDandy View Post
    Hmm, I'll take note of this. It might come in handy in the foreseeable future.
    Visit The Ordinary's website and have a look at their pricing. They're very inexpensive, and none of their formulas are greasy or heavy (they don't do creams).

I get my Japanese sunscreen off Adambeauty and it costs around 12 dollars a bottle I think. Again, the formulas tend to be very light.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    Visit The Ordinary's website and have a look at their pricing. They're very inexpensive, and none of their formulas are greasy or heavy (they don't do creams).

I get my Japanese sunscreen off Adambeauty and it costs around 12 dollars a bottle I think. Again, the formulas tend to be very light.
    Wow! I might as well do that later on. Thanks, Nastka!