Code of Conduct
    Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Default Using fragrance bath amenities before using fragrance = getting better longevity of the fragrance ?

Do you use fragrance bath amenities : Shampoo, Conditioner, Form Bath, Body Lotion etc. before wearing your scent ?

Is it extends the longevity of that fragrance on your skin ?

I took this shot in a bathroom of one of the Plaza Suites at The Plaza Hotel in Seoul, South Korea.
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 28th October 2011 at 06:58 AM.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Default Re: Using fragrance bath amenities before using fragrance = getting better longevity of the fragranc

Not routinely.

Default Re: Using fragrance bath amenities before using fragrance = getting better longevity of the fragranc

Wow, never seen a hotel with those...

Some people think that a lotion can extend longevity. I have little experience myself. Soaps and shampoo scents don't last much on me. I do often use nice scented ones (most recently, Chanel no 5 soap and bath oil), but simply because I like the smell. I then apply completely difference fragrances, without any problem.

cacio

Usually, I occasionally use scented showergel, foam bath, body lotion or bar soap before putting on the fragrance with the same scent

Sur la Plage

I use any old scented body wash, shampoo, etc. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

No it won't increase longevity because the bath products aren't preservative or enhancive in nature. But simply because they are the same as the perfume,they may intensify the experience. Maybe but not significantly.

for swap/sale:

Do you know what is bravery?

- Taking a bath in A Men bubble bath, applying A Men body lotion after that and then spraying 6 "gentle" sprays of A Men on yourself.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tiberije View Post
    Do you know what is bravery?

- Taking a bath in A Men bubble bath, applying A Men body lotion after that and then spraying 6 "gentle" sprays of A Men on yourself.
    LOL

The old lady across the street will be able to smell you.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Quote Originally Posted by Wit_Siamese View Post
    Do you use fragrance bath amenities : Shampoo, Conditioner, Form Bath, Body Lotion etc. before wearing your scent ?

Is it extends the longevity of that fragrance on your skin ?
    I recently bought Tom Ford Neroli Portofino soap & shower gel in Harrods. The SA tried to convince me that this IS the case. I'm not so sure myself! It's not the reason I bought them, in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Wit_Siamese View Post
    LOL

The old lady across the street will be able to smell you.
    Shoot dude, I'll be able to smell him.

I don't believe the hype that it helps longevity.

Scented body lotion might? Certainly shower gel or soap would have no impact on the longevity. it washes off anyway and leaves no scent on me. Those I have used I always got in a box set - I've always wondered who buys them individually

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I use any old scented body wash, shampoo, etc. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference.
    I agree!

Banned

I'm not quite sure the use of fragrance bath amenities enhances the longevity of that particular fragrance, but I am sure it enhances the bottom line of the manufacturer ...

Quote Originally Posted by out of smoke View Post
    I don't believe the hype that it helps longevity.