Code of Conduct

Default Ever hear of Spadaro perfumes?

In seeking the best answer to my $64 question (over in the Fem Fora) I ran across three very interesting sounding scents from Spadaro. Who? Okay, okay, I'm still very much the newbie, however, I've been spending a lot of time over in the Fragrance Directory so I've gained a lot of name familiarity if not scent knowledge.

TGFtI! There is a very nice article out there in googleland that provided the info. A refreshing 'life's work change' story about a health care worker who apparently took her mother's death as a sign.

Assuming that two of the three smell as good as they sound, I have a feeling that a bottle of "Noche del Fuego" will be coming home with me next week. Or "Doux Amour". The 3rd fragrance didn't sound nearly as promising . . . olive scent is too too gourmand for me. Maybe juniper and olive with a hint of vodka? :-)

Sadie

Default Re: Ever hear of Spadaro perfumes?

Doux Amour is really lovely. Warm vanilla that resembles Serge Lutens Douce Amere, without boozy opening (absinthe)

Love the opening background music on their website.

I'm SO pleased that the word is slowly getting out about these perfumes!! I wish that I knew the terminology to adequately describe the three that I have sampled. I agree that while Doux Amour starts out with my nose distinguishing a few of the ingredients of Casablanca Lily, jasmine, ylang-ylang and something a tiny bit spicy . . . perhaps the patchouli? On my skin it immediately settles into ambery vanilla with a very slight hint of sandalwood.

Thankfully the vanilla sweetness doesn't last long (not my favorite) and I'm getting more of the patchouli/amber/sandalwood undertones coming through.

I seem to have very 'cranky' skin chemistry--not many perfumes smell as advertised. So please don't take my experience as the norm for this scent. (Your mileage may vary.)

I hope that all three perfumes become more widely available!! Ms Spadaro replied to my Nordstrom quandry and said that her perfumes were available at 9 stores in addition to online and, of course, from her web site.

Eventually I will try to describe the other two perfumes--but again, I sorely lack the necessary experience and "nose" to do an adequate job.

Sadie
    The anti-niche biche. I do not believe that excessive cost comes with a guarantee of quality. Perfume snobs beware - when you flare your nostrils like that, I can see the boogers.