Code of Conduct

Default #5 Toronto/GTA Fragrance meetup, Sunday November 13th 12pm noon at Noor - Be There!

-

Hey Everyone!

You've probably got a PM on the way about the FIFTH Toronto Meetup, but just incase, here's the info below...

As has now become a tradition, the "Nosey Bunch" of Toronto are having another meetup and snifferoo and, of course, you're invited! Noor, a fabulous local boutique here in Toronto, is going to host us again - details for the meetup are below. So come on out and put some faces to the screen-names! For those of you who messaged to say that you would have liked to but couldn't make it out, here's your chance.

If possible, please RSVP by posting here or through PM just to let us know if you think youll be there so we can get a sense of headcount for refreshment/food purposes.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you there!
    M.C.

Details
    Date: SUNDAY November 13th, 2011
    Location: Noor Boutique, 176 Cumberland St (Yorkville - MAP), 416-928-0700 (http://noorboutique.com/). Nahla and Fred are the friendly owners
    Time: Around 12pm/Noon to about 3:30 or so, but drop by any time. We may move around the area to some other locations at some point. Lets see how things go and decide at the time.
    To Bring: Yourself and significant others, any industry books or magazines, business cards, samples/decants/bottles to share/trade (it might be nice to do a sample/decant/bottle swap while were there plus try some new things), etc

-
    PS Im just a customer at Noor and have no official affiliation with the store. They're just gracious enough to host us.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress,
    Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura
    HARD TO FIND -
    Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, Champacca Absolute and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Default Re: #5 Toronto/GTA Fragrance meetup, Sunday November 13th 12pm noon at Noor - Be There!

I'm in!! Thanks for organizing this event Dan.

Default Re: #5 Toronto/GTA Fragrance meetup, Sunday November 13th 12pm noon at Noor - Be There!

Also wanted to plug another event happening this week on the 9th for those interested - http://www.meetup.com/Scent-Society/events/35005202/

Hi Daniel, Will see you at Noor on the 13th. Just returned from Vancouver where I visited The Perfume Shoppe. Amazing shop and lovely, knowledgeable owner with a great sense of humour. Will bring some business cards to the event. Purchased Montale Black Oud, a new brand for me and Sa Majeste La Rose - rose heaven!

Hey Daniel, I will absolutely be there! Thanks for organizing (and for the plug!!) Sooo looking forward to meeting you and everyone else! -Marta

Quote Originally Posted by Morrocan Melody View Post
    Hi Daniel, Will see you at Noor on the 13th. Just returned from Vancouver where I visited The Perfume Shoppe. Amazing shop and lovely, knowledgeable owner with a great sense of humour. Will bring some business cards to the event. Purchased Montale Black Oud, a new brand for me and Sa Majeste La Rose - rose heaven!
    Hi there,

Would you be so kind to bring along your precious Black Oud? I heard many good things but it's doesn't sound like a safe blind buy. Thank you so much.

^^ I've got a small bottle I'll bring along too.

Yay! Thank you in advance Daniel. So eager to try many new things.

Thanks for the invite - I will be there!

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie and would love to make it. Alas, there's a good chance I won't be able to.

I understand one of the reasons for these meet-ups is for people who trade colognes. If that's the case, may I enquire whether anyone would be interested in trading a 90%-full bottle of Chanel Pour Monsieur?

I'll take Chanel Antaeus, YSL M7, Prada Infusion D'Iris, YSL La Nuit de L'Homme, Kiton Black, or Gucci PH II. I'm open for suggestions if you have a different cologne.

My apologies if this seems out of place. On the "swap" thread I have found Americans willing to trade but Canada Post doesn't allow shipping of merchandise as "dangerous" as cologne.

At any rate, I do hope I'll be able to make it.

Cheers,

Alain

Bump...

Alain/villatour - incase you're checking the thread here... hope you can join us. The trading of samples and colognes is pretty far down the list of reasons, so I wouldn't come just for that, if you know what I mean. If people just want to bring things to smell and discuss or they happen to have bottles to swap then they're welcome to, but it's not required or expected particularly. You'll be in a perfume STORE so there's plenty to sniff already. So bring whatever you want and see if anyone's interested but use some tact considering you're in someone else's store, and I would "strongly advise" (ie politely demand) you to do any business outside of their premise. PS - feel free to PM me with your email address incase you're not on BN's much and I'll more directly get in touch with you.

come for the people and the smells, not for the business or swap/selling opportunities.

Hello, I would like to attend. I will bring a few unique decants to share with the group.

Final Bump!

See you guys soon!

Thanks for organizing such an awesome event Daniel. Can't wait for the next one! See you soon.

Hey All,
    Just wanted to thank those of you who made it out and hope to meet the rest of y'all at the next one.
    below is a link to some pictures of the gathering.
    M.C.

http://imageshack.us/g/17/18730161.jpg/