Code of Conduct

Default Omnia by Blvgari

I was peeking around on some note breakdowns on fragantica, and here, and came across this one.

The notes sounded very interesting Chai Tea, Ginger, Cinnamon, and Cardamon - Sounds like a really nice cosy winter scent. Almost a bit like Burberry London.

Any males out there wear it? Thoughts on it in General? How is the Longevity and Sillage?
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Default Re: Omnia by Blvgari

I've worn it, I like it, but I don't love it.
    To me it's a cozy, milky, warm, soft spiced wood scent. I wouldn't classify it as a masculine accord, more gender neutral, but certainly not anything you would associate with being a feminine perfume. The longevity is great, sillage isn't big, but you can certainly smell it without having to put your nose to your wrist. It seems to be available on line quite cheaply.
    I sold mine, as I really hated the bottle; beautiful design, but the execution in plastic killed it for me.

Kevin described it well, warm, , milky, spicy. The main note I get is a smooth saffron (a la Tom of Finland, but while TF pairs it with bright lemon, Omnia goes for warm smooth stuff). Certainly cozy, but not overwhelming, as many other masculine gourmands can be. I've smelled Burberry London a long time ago, but I don't recall any similarities - if I remember correctly, BL is sharper, more overwhelming, and has really none of the warm smoothness of omnia. I have not worn it enough to comment on longevity.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    ...The main note I get is a smooth saffron (a la Tom of Finland, but while TF pairs it with bright lemon, Omnia goes for warm smooth stuff). cacio
    Perhaps there's a similarity between Omnia and L'Atrisan's Safran Troublant? Omnia does smell more like a niche offering than a mainstream designer creation.

Have tried it but didn't care much for it.

Kevin:

yes, indeed, perhaps even more than with ToF, as Safran Troublant is sweeter than ToF.

cacio