Code of Conduct

Default Quick question: ELDO Fat Electrician projection and longevity

What is the projection and longevity of this one like? I'm looking at getting my first vetiver (with a twist) based fragrance, and if these two attributes are anything like their Rien, I'd be very happy. Please share your views. Thanks!

Default Re: Quick question: ELDO Fat Electrician projection and longevity

Fat Elecrician is very very nice but don't expect longevity (no more than 4 hrs on my skin). Projection is average but you can bypass this by simply overapplying. Rien is on a completely different level though...

Which kind of "twist" are you looking for?

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Thanks Alfarom. I understand that Fat Electrician is not your standard take on vetiver as e.g. Guerlain or Givenchy, but has lots more other notes included...which is fine to me. I was interested in the Lutens vetiver, but it's way overpriced imo.

Don't own it but have tried it and longevity on me was not as long as I was expecting.

It's actually quite more like an aged and mellow vetiver essential oil than other vetiver scents that employ more refined (isolated) vetivers that are accompanied by green and citrus notes. I find the note pyramid on it very honest. Oppoponax, vetiver, vanilla make up most of the fragrance.

What I mean is, there is actually not a big twist about fat electrician, if you consider the core ingredients as the reference point. However compared to other vetiver fragrances on the market, it is quite different.
    Last edited by sarıpatates; 30th October 2011 at 04:51 PM.

I have a sample of Fat Electrician. On my skin the longevity seems about average, and the projection a bit below average. I like the fragrance, but probably not quite enough to put down $80 for a 50 ml bottle.

I also have a sample of Rien, and Fat Electrician is not nearly as loud or long lasting. Although I don't care much for Rien... it starts out so promising (strong, dirty leather) but then fittingly turns into a big blob of, well, nothing!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Saripatates has described FA quite accurately, and that is what makes the attractive to me. It is a sweetish vetiver with a slightly metallic vibe going. I believe that is quite a "twist". On my skin it lasts through a working day but is not a room-clearer, sillage wise.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by jellybean1973 View Post
    Thanks Alfarom. I understand that Fat Electrician is not your standard take on vetiver as e.g. Guerlain or Givenchy, but has lots more other notes included...which is fine to me. I was interested in the Lutens vetiver, but it's way overpriced imo.
    Personally, I quite like Fat Electrician and I'm not bothered by its weak longevity. Other reasonably priced "vetivers with a twist" you can check out are...

CDG2MAN
    Breath Of God
    Vettiveru
    Last edited by alfarom; 30th October 2011 at 04:44 PM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

It's a very, very faint vetiver on my skin with little projection or longevity. Something like Encre Noir does at least give you (very) good projection & longevity. I found EN a tiny bit too 'synthetic' for my taste in the end - but that's a subjective judgement you may well not share.

on me it is quiet, lasts about 6 hours. I enjoy wearing it but it is not really similar to Rien at all. Rien is loud and dry and lasts days on my clothes. I like them both for different reasons, among my favorites from ELdO